EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

07-21-2016, 03:35 PM   #45
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandow View Post
That's a mature response, but not surprised by it. I've been relaxing for a long time waiting for this car, you have no idea how many times the car has been delayed and other issues, along with excuse after excuse from the dealership, so you should probably mind your business, as you don't have a clue..As I said, I checked yesterday and everything was fine, and was told all the cars affected had been flagged so there was nothing to worry about. So I made my plans for travel to my dealership for next Tuesday. Today, I was told I was affected and they keep adding VIN numbers, so I would guess yours will probably be affected as well. It seems every car produced during that period is going to be affected.
Agreed everything you said, but wow maybe do not write on forum if you cannot accept others offering some suggestion

Yes, my car is indeed affected by it.

All I can say is there are million things that can go wrong with custom ordering (not just cars, but just about anything on this planet). If someone is not ready for this or do not think the 5% discount + the experience + the wait are worth the pain, might as well buy one off the lot.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #46
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

More and more cars are being affected by the day. Have anyone heard from Non-US counterparts? I have read of one guy from swiss (I think) that was affected.
My car (EURO) is supposed to be delivered next week and up till now I have not heard anything from my dealer that I am in contact with on a daily basis. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:44 PM   #47
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i think it's fair to say every godam car produced last month is SHIT.

i just got emailed, my m5 is in it. I'm looking into another car the dealer has the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 05:54 PM   #48
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i think it's fair to say every godam car produced last month is SHIT.

i just got emailed, my m5 is in it. I'm looking into another car the dealer has the moment.
at least you guys know what's the issue is. My car has been at the VPC since 6/28 and no one can tell me why, just that i'm not affected by the differential as my production was 4/28
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:04 PM   #49
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 LSB M3 (F80)

Genius told me today that I am on the list. My CA is checking tomorrow to see if this will impact my 8/17 PCD date.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:06 PM   #50
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacklsb View Post
Genius told me today that I am on the list. My CA is checking tomorrow to see if this will impact my 8/17 PCD date.

it will. my pcd is a day after yours.

wait for the email, trust me, it's coming.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:15 PM   #51
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Sakhir Orange M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
Agreed everything you said, but wow maybe do not write on forum if you cannot accept others offering some suggestion

All I can say is there are million things that can go wrong with custom ordering (not just cars, but just about anything on this planet). If someone is not ready for this or do not think the 5% discount + the experience + the wait are worth the pain, might as well buy one off the lot.
I don't mind others giving opinions, in fact I welcome it, but you start off with 'walk away from the brand so the rest of us can enjoy our cars.' The reason I came to this brand is because I love the M4.. I wouldn't drop that much money on something I didn't really like. The frustration comes with being jerked around through the whole process, being given nonstop conflicting information by the exact same source on the exact same days. I guess I was expecting a different level of service from BMW. So far the customer service has been some of the worst I've seen. Makes me wonder having this many problems before the car even arrives, how many will I have with the car itself?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:17 PM   #52
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
at least you guys know what's the issue is. My car has been at the VPC since 6/28 and no one can tell me why, just that i'm not affected by the differential as my production was 4/28
It's the differential more than likely.. If you're getting information from Genius, take it with a grain of salt.. They are all over the place with their info. Was your car damaged during shipping?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:18 PM   #53
Sandow
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post

And I apologize for being chippy, that wasn't my intention.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:19 PM   #54
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's the differential more than likely.. If you're getting information from Genius, take it with a grain of salt.. They are all over the place with their info. Was your car damaged during shipping?
Well the genius ppl are saying no on the diff b/c of the production date being 4/28.
As far as shipping damage goes, how would one be able to find out?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #55
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Well the genius ppl are saying no on the diff b/c of the production date being 4/28.
I believe the minimum dollar amount before disclosure differs from state to state. You may have to google it for your state, but I think FL is or was $5000.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:30 PM   #56
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
Quote:

it will. my pcd is a day after yours.

wait for the email, trust me, it's coming.
I figured unfortunately it would. Do you have a new PCD date, and if so, when?
      07-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #57
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
I don't mind others giving opinions, in fact I welcome it, but you start off with 'walk away from the brand so the rest of us can enjoy our cars.' The reason I came to this brand is because I love the M4.. I wouldn't drop that much money on something I didn't really like. The frustration comes with being jerked around through the whole process, being given nonstop conflicting information by the exact same source on the exact same days. I guess I was expecting a different level of service from BMW. So far the customer service has been some of the worst I've seen. Makes me wonder having this many problems before the car even arrives, how many will I have with the car itself?
I don't think anyone is being jerked around, they jut don't know at this point. And the way the Internet is now, it blew up on them before they had an opportunity to finish investigating.

As far as problms, you may never have another, or you may have many. That's just the way it is, with every car, from every manufacturer. Sorry if that's so matter of fact, but that's the way it is. I hope I am not delayed beyond the normal ED delivery delays, but if I am, so be it. I won't be happy, but I'll deal with it.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #58
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107
Quote:
If the damage is over 3% of the value of the car, they have to disclose it to the dealership and you should know.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #59
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
And I apologize for being chippy, that wasn't my intention.
Nah is all cool man. Let's just all patiently wait for their fix and start
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 06:49 PM   #60
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:

nope. it says pcd must be rescheduled.

does anyone know how to find residuals on cars??? i need to know residual on the m6
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #61
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Your CA should be able to tell you what the status is. Mine was stuck for a little over a week before the system finally showed "worskshop" as the status. I never did find out exactly what the issue was.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:01 PM   #62
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Your CA should be able to tell you what the status is. Mine was stuck for a little over a week before the system finally showed "worskshop" as the status. I never did find out exactly what the issue was.
I've pretty much lost faith in my CA being able to find out anything. He didn't even know where the car was.

Latest reason why- may seem made up but I swear is true - I call him yesterday to see if he can find out any more info. He tells me the car is at the atlanta processing center. (dealership is in the northern east coast) I tell him impossible, I tracked the ship from Europe and it got off in Jersey. He tells me i don't know what i'm talking about and it's in atlanta and sends screenshot of the vehicle inquiry report as proof, somehow missing right in the middle of the page saying Port Jersey VPC.

Last edited by visi107; 07-21-2016 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #63
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
I've pretty much lost faith in my CA being able to find out anything. He didn't even know where the car was.

Latest reason why- may seem made up but I swear is true - I call him yesterday to see if he can find out any more info. He tells me the car is at the atlanta processing center. (dealership is in the northern east coast) I tell him impossible, I tracked the ship from Europe and it got off in Jersey. He tells me i don't know what i'm talking about and it's in atlanta and sends screenshot of the vehicle inquiry report as proof, somehow missing right in the middle of the page saying Port Jersey VPC.
Then talk to the GM. They can see what's up and communicate with the VPC. If your CA is a tool you just need to go around him...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:09 PM   #64
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

I've had to give forum members some bad news today.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:20 PM   #65
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

i think ALOT of people received bad news today. myself included.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:50 PM   #66
bringbacklsb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
Quote:

nope. it says pcd must be rescheduled.

does anyone know how to find residuals on cars??? i need to know residual on the m6
This is the first time I'm hoping genius is wrong about my car.