Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

09-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #133
skipole
Uses launch control to make new friends
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDEV217342 View Post
Oh the irony of this post.

Get over yourself. What do you think the guys in more expensive/faster/better cars than the M4 say about you?

I've encountered my share of asshats in M cars......and every other brand out there. Douchebags come in all shapes and sizes. Your comment about what someone else drives gives M car owners the reputation they have.
It was a joke, man. Lighten up and hop off your high horse.

I don't give a shit what people think of me or my car. The guy in the Camaro shouldn't care what I think, either.

That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion about a car I dislike (not a Camaro) or poke fun at those who buy what I consider to be less desirable vehicles. That's especially true on a forum intended specifically for M3/M4 owners.

Really, you aren't going to like it on this "M4 versus" board if you think my tongue-in-cheek comment about the Camaro is genuine condescension douchebaggery.

PS. I think maybe if you read the last paragraph in my post, where I mentioned getting the most satisfaction from taking the 'high road' and not giving the losers who try to race at every stoplight the time of day.
      09-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #134
REDEV217342
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipole View Post
It was a joke, man. Lighten up and hop off your high horse.

I don't give a shit what people think of me or my car. The guy in the Camaro shouldn't care what I think, either.

That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion about a car I dislike (not a Camaro) or poke fun at those who buy what I consider to be less desirable vehicles. That's especially true on a forum intended specifically for M3/M4 owners.

Really, you aren't going to like it on this "M4 versus" board if you think my tongue-in-cheek comment about the Camaro is genuine condescension douchebaggery.

PS. I think maybe if you read the last paragraph in my post, where I mentioned getting the most satisfaction from taking the 'high road' and not giving the losers who try to race at every stoplight the time of day.
tongue in cheek? yeah, sure it was.

It was a douche bag comment no matter how you cut it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 11:48 PM   #135
skipole
Rep

Quote:

So let me get this straight.... you went to a message board for M4 owners, clicked the "M4 versus" forum, and opened a thread called "who you raced today"..... and you are somehow offended to see a post in that thread poking fun at a Chevrolet Camaro? Why are you even here...? If you're going to stick around here and label everyone who pokes fun at a competing vehicle a "douchebag", you are going to be a busy man.

To me, what you're doing now more closely resembles typical "douchebag" behaviour.... you deliberately chose to open a thread where M4 owners are talking about racing against other cars, and then started acting like the morality police when someone makes a tongue-in-cheek comment about some other make/model of car. Is it also now "pure douchebag" for me to make snarky/sarcastic jokes about the Yankees when I'm hanging out with a bunch of my fellow Red Sox fans?

The greatest irony is how you've made your way here just to pick a fight and call me a "douchebag" for making a joke about a car that I happen to dislike..... all while sitting firmly on your moral high horse and spouting about how "I have a right to my own opinion and my opinion is that you a douchebag". If we're all entitled to an opinion, why are you getting your knickers in a knot over my joking comment and taking the time to pick a fight over it?

This is especially hilarious coming from a man who called another forum user "absolutely nauseating" simply for voicing his opinion on a particular car.

I simply made a joke poking fun at another car, and that's the end of it.... I certainly didn't start making outrageously judgemental personal attacks based on nothing, such as claiming that all I care about is "that my car has the BMW Roundel on the hood" or lecturing me about how other people "don't give two shits about you or your car". How did you get from my comment, which was essentially "I don't want to own a Camaro", to somehow assuming I'm an elitist brand-obsessed prick? Is it not, in your words, my right to an opinion?

Disliking a Camaro and prefering my BMW doesn't give you the right to label me anything other than "a guy who doesn't like Camaros" or "a guy with an opinion that differs from your own".

You've contributed nothing to this thread aside a cynical, judgemental attitude and a serious moral superiority complex. Now you're making blanket judgements about my character based on a single statement (which you mis-interpreted anyway). Why bother coming here at all? Piss off.
      09-14-2017, 04:57 AM   #136
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:

So let me get this straight.... you went to a message board for M4 owners, clicked the "M4 versus" forum, and opened a thread called "who you raced today"..... and you are somehow offended to see a post in that thread poking fun at a Chevrolet Camaro? Why are you even here...? If you're going to stick around here and label everyone who pokes fun at a competing vehicle a "douchebag", you are going to be a busy man.

To me, what you're doing now more closely resembles typical "douchebag" behaviour.... you deliberately chose to open a thread where M4 owners are talking about racing against other cars, and then started acting like the morality police when someone makes a tongue-in-cheek comment about some other make/model of car. Is it also now "pure douchebag" for me to make snarky/sarcastic jokes about the Yankees when I'm hanging out with a bunch of my fellow Red Sox fans?

The greatest irony is how you've made your way here just to pick a fight and call me a "douchebag" for making a joke about a car that I happen to dislike..... all while sitting firmly on your moral high horse and spouting about how "I have a right to my own opinion and my opinion is that you a douchebag". If we're all entitled to an opinion, why are you getting your knickers in a knot over my joking comment and taking the time to pick a fight over it?

This is especially hilarious coming from a man who called another forum user "absolutely nauseating" simply for voicing his opinion on a particular car.

I simply made a joke poking fun at another car, and that's the end of it.... I certainly didn't start making outrageously judgemental personal attacks based on nothing, such as claiming that all I care about is "that my car has the BMW Roundel on the hood" or lecturing me about how other people "don't give two shits about you or your car". How did you get from my comment, which was essentially "I don't want to own a Camaro", to somehow assuming I'm an elitist brand-obsessed prick? Is it not, in your words, my right to an opinion?

Disliking a Camaro and prefering my BMW doesn't give you the right to label me anything other than "a guy who doesn't like Camaros" or "a guy with an opinion that differs from your own".

You've contributed nothing to this thread aside a cynical, judgemental attitude and a serious moral superiority complex. Now you're making blanket judgements about my character based on a single statement (which you mis-interpreted anyway). Why bother coming here at all? Piss off.
Appreciate 3
skipole38.50
jninja514.50
///Mongo272.50
      09-14-2017, 05:37 AM   #137
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Rock View Post
My point was against the poster that said a GT350 "has very little torque". I understand area under a curve and I also understand a car with 100 more hp. The M3 will make torque much sooner but from a roll in the power band, I don't think it would be close.
I just came back from the track. We had a GT350 running with us. When I was behind him on the back straight, I could easily catch up. When he was behind, I pulled away.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
      09-14-2017, 09:16 AM   #138
REDEV217342
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 (sold)

Quote:

The Porsche fanboi is nauseating; much like you with your drivel and lies.

You are simply not worth my time to debate as to the level of douchebaggery the comment you made was/is.

I've owned many different cars AND BRANDS (including Porsches, Vettes, Audi's, etc.) of which 3 were M3's (an E46 and two E92s), an M5 and an M4 and love the cars.....but can't stand dbags that think they are driving a world beater and look down their nose at other brands. The Porsche nutswinger is that way vs BMW brand. He thinks a 911 is the "Second Coming" ... And your comment simply tells me that you are one of those. Nothing more nothing less.

Oh yeah, how said it is that you felt the need to go see what else I posted in other threads to find one where I called the dude nauseating. You must be a hoot at parties

Last edited by REDEV217342; 09-14-2017 at 08:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 12:13 PM   #139
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I just came back from the track. We had a GT350 running with us. When I was behind him on the back straight, I could easily catch up. When he was behind, I pulled away.
Good buddy of mine has one.

Stock besides a catback exhaust I could absolutely walk him at any speed.

Granted we are at an elevation where NA cars start running out of steam
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 12:21 AM   #140
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Rock View Post
My point was against the poster that said a GT350 "has very little torque". I understand area under a curve and I also understand a car with 100 more hp. The M3 will make torque much sooner but from a roll in the power band, I don't think it would be close.
Is your car stock?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #141
skipole
Rep

Quote:
The Porsche fanboi is nauseating; much like you with your drivel and lies.

You are simply not worth my time to debate as to the level of douchebaggery the comment you made was/is.

I've owned many different cars AND BRANDS (including Porsches, Vettes, Audi's, etc.) of which 3 were M3's (an E46 and two E92s), an M5 and an M4 and love the cars.....but can't stand dbags that think they are driving a world beater and look down their nose at other brands. The Porsche nutswinger is that way vs BMW brand. He thinks a 911 is the "Second Coming" ... And your comment simply tells me that you are one of those. Nothing more nothing less.

Oh yeah, how said it is that you felt the need to go see what else I posted in other threads to find one where I called the dude nauseating. You must be a hoot at parties
      09-17-2017, 06:00 PM   #142
pnoyse84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Does anyone know when racing straight line what is the best time to shift (rpms) whats the best start? (Dig, 20mph 30mph etc?) Lastly when using launch control what RPMs do you start at?
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #143
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

A highly modified RHD S15 Sylvia and a modified C6.
Last days of summer; everyone is getting their fill before the snow hits
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 04:09 PM   #144
MSups6
Banned
Rep
Drives: Supra, Former Msport 435

Ran nothing, have yet to run into a M that wanted to play with me when driving the Supra. Its mostly 911's that have a hard on for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoyse84 View Post
Does anyone know when racing straight line what is the best time to shift (rpms) whats the best start? (Dig, 20mph 30mph etc?) Lastly when using launch control what RPMs do you start at?
lol its an auto right ? so let it do the work. You'll only make things worse.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 04:17 PM   #145
M4Now!
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG / SO F83

Quote:

Bye bye E93 M3 - Hello F83 M4!
Appreciate 1
skipole38.50
      09-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #146
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Some $hitbird in a white POS Toyota sedan. Too bad I was in my Tacoma
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2017, 12:26 AM   #147
skipole
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSups6 View Post
lol its an auto right ? so let it do the work. You'll only make things worse.
This is great advice for every other launch control system, but in my experience the BMW F8X launch control system is essentially only useful for turning Michelins into a cloud of smoke.

I'd suggest launching from the lowest possible RPM (I believe its 2100rpm? Just keep clicking the cruise control 'reduce speed' button down until it won't move the tach needle any further). If you do that, and have your tires nicely warmed up, you have a chance of getting traction.

In the rain, in temps below 10ºC, on slick road surfaces...... forget it, don't bother with launch control at all.

Google this topic if you want to get some other opinions, but the general consensus is that the F82 launch control feature is essentially 'fake'.... or at the very least, it's terrible at launching the car most of the time.
      09-22-2017, 08:59 PM   #148
///Mongo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Coupe

Personally, I think engaging MDM and mashing the throttle is far more effective than "launch control"

The conditions have to be perfect for launch control to work
Appreciate 1
skipole38.50
      09-23-2017, 08:33 AM   #149
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

a truck
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 09:09 AM   #150
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

340 with an Exhaust. He lost
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #151
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
Is your car stock?
Power wise it is completely stock. Only mods on my car are GC camber plates (for tire wear) and Eibach springs (to address the horrible stock fender gap).

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #152
AM4ZING
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 MW/SO 6MT, E46 M3 AW/IR 6MT

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Ran a jb4 m4 in my Heads/Cam C6z... the rest is history
      09-30-2017, 11:17 PM   #153
Gunfighter420
Rep
Drives: 15' F82 Alpine White

2018 Acura TLX A-Spec V6. Pulled up next to me at a stoplight. Didn't think anything of it. Glanced over and saw college kids girlfreinds in back seat. Light turned green and I took off normal. Notice TLX front end dropped as if downshifting and kept pace with me. I said ok, almost home why not. Sped up, TLX kept pace then he punched it so I followed suit, slammed it to 2nd, chirped my tires and bye bye. Next light girls in back seat rolled windows down and gave me a thumbs up. Front windows never rolled down. Turned right and went home.
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #154
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Chevrolet SS. Pulled left into the next lane from behind me in really quick fashion (as if he was in the draft or something) then slowed right beside me. I accelerated quickly to +10 mph and he did the same. So I floored it... although feathered the throttle around a large left hand sweeper. This allowed him to catch up again, whereby I floored it again and he didn't get close. Idiot.
Appreciate 1