Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-22-2020, 11:37 PM   #287
Blackhawk878
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 and F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
Ian @ bend calibration is my tuner. I think my results so far speak for his tuning abilities. All remote tuned.
I also use Bend Calibration for tuning. Process is very smooth IMO, even doing initial calibrations (pre e85) in Germany. With each additional update came more, smoother (useable) power. I am very happy with the service provided by Ian.

I have e85 hardware (from Bend) already installed, just waiting on my car to arrive in the US to start the remote tuning for that.
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2020, 07:36 PM   #288
papasmurf_m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk878 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
Ian @ bend calibration is my tuner. I think my results so far speak for his tuning abilities. All remote tuned.
I also use Bend Calibration for tuning. Process is very smooth IMO, even doing initial calibrations (pre e85) in Germany. With each additional update came more, smoother (useable) power. I am very happy with the service provided by Ian.

I have e85 hardware (from Bend) already installed, just waiting on my car to arrive in the US to start the remote tuning for that.
That's awesome! Ian is a true professional.

You're gonna love the flex fuel tune. My car feels insane lol.

ecutek - bend calibration pro tune - flex fuel - mpe - stock turbos - oem+
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #289
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M4 ZCP

What 4 maps configs should I go with considering I'm getting the flex fuel setup? Package comes with a 2 maps, soft and full torque. I hate to waste a map on valet but that's probably a good idea, however I likely will never hand my car to a valet, so ,ay that's a complete waste. lol What are some other good map configs to consider?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 11:35 PM   #290
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump604 View Post
What 4 maps configs should I go with considering I'm getting the flex fuel setup? Package comes with a 2 maps, soft and full torque. I hate to waste a map on valet but that's probably a good idea, however I likely will never hand my car to a valet, so ,ay that's a complete waste. lol What are some other good map configs to consider?
would be good to get a couple maps based off fuel, eg 91 map and 93 map, and depending if you're running meth, a meth map and a non meth map.

the flex fuel can be integrated into any of those maps. it doesnt need to be a map on its own, thats the beauty of flex fuel
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 12:11 AM   #291
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
I have Soft Torque, Full Torque and Road Course Map (More flat torque power delivery and temperature corrections to keep things healthy over the course)
      10-28-2020, 12:50 AM   #292
Eldaes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
Quote:
would be good to get a couple maps based off fuel, eg 91 map and 93 map, and depending if you're running meth, a meth map and a non meth map.

the flex fuel can be integrated into any of those maps. it doesnt need to be a map on its own, thats the beauty of flex fuel
Quote:
Quote:

I thought flex fuel took up all 4 maps?
      10-29-2020, 12:34 AM   #293
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaes View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

The tuner can control which maps are flex. So yes, all 4 can be flex. No sense for a 91 or 93 only map.
Eldaes27.00
      10-29-2020, 01:22 AM   #294
Eldaes
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

The tuner can control which maps are flex. So yes, all 4 can be flex. No sense for a 91 or 93 only map.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I was under the impression that flex fuel took up all 4 map slots. Like 1 flex fuel tune was all all 4 maps combined with the ECU automatically swapping between. This is good to know!
      11-23-2020, 06:40 AM   #295
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Any times from dragy on a OTS Ecutek map? All this pages and no times posted or did I miss something.?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 02:06 PM   #296
ghost.f82
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Any times from dragy on a OTS Ecutek map? All this pages and no times posted or did I miss something.?
There are no OTS maps on ECUTEK
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 05:38 PM   #297
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.f82 View Post
Oh my bad, than what are the gains in terms of dragy times from bm3 ots stg2 to lets say a Stg2 tune done rhrough Ecutek?

Just trying to get a feel for real life gains.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 03:06 AM   #298
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.f82 View Post
Oh my bad, than what are the gains in terms of dragy times from bm3 ots stg2 to lets say a Stg2 tune done rhrough Ecutek?

Just trying to get a feel for real life gains.
Depends on the tuner and also depends on your goals. I chose Bend Calibration as they built me a fully custom flexfuel tune based on my preferences. It's honestly perfect never having to worry about specific ethanol contents.

As for stage 2 gains...this video was taken over a year ago and it only had downpipes and an AA midpipe.

Had stock plugs, stock air filters, stock intercooler, stock charge pipes at that time:
      02-21-2021, 08:52 AM   #299
jonsabia
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_f80nyc View Post
Hmm was hoping Ecutek can help Im hawing issues over 36psi with Mhd
i have a fully built big single turbo s55 running ecuteck and having tunnning issues as well related to boost anything over 32 psi it closes throttle.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 01:00 PM   #300
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsabia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_f80nyc View Post
Hmm was hoping Ecutek can help Im hawing issues over 36psi with Mhd
i have a fully built big single turbo s55 running ecuteck and having tunnning issues as well related to boost anything over 32 psi it closes throttle.
My guess is that the throttle is closing to achieve a specific torque and your wastegate is not being controlled by the dme so it's over target and the throttle is reacting. Or your car could have a fueling issue too...hopefully not running a SS AIC.
      02-22-2021, 02:06 AM   #301
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
My guess is that the throttle is closing to achieve a specific torque and your wastegate is not being controlled by the dme so it's over target and the throttle is reacting. Or your car could have a fueling issue too...hopefully not running a SS AIC.

What's wrong with the IAC? Did you end up going with the new one that supposedly integrates the meth controller as well?

I switched from BM3 to Ecutek because of the flexfuel and the fact that it was kind of a pain in the ass to deal with my DME being locked. They actually did-relock my ECU after I had it bench flashed when I switched, so I had to bench it again. Frustrating.
      02-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #302
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
What's wrong with the IAC? Did you end up going with the new one that supposedly integrates the meth controller as well?

I switched from BM3 to Ecutek because of the flexfuel and the fact that it was kind of a pain in the ass to deal with my DME being locked. They actually did-relock my ECU after I had it bench flashed when I switched, so I had to bench it again. Frustrating.
The motiv reflex controller should be the only thing anyone uses for port injection anymore; the AIC is super basic Win95 stuff and won't work for flex as it can't adjust injection based on ethanol content.

Not sure on the lock stuff but never had that issue but I don't go to the dealer unless it's a non-powertrain warranty issue.

What does your tuner say about the issue you're having?
      02-22-2021, 02:44 PM   #303
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
The motiv reflex controller should be the only thing anyone uses for port injection anymore; the AIC is super basic Win95 stuff and won't work for flex as it can't adjust injection based on ethanol content.

Not sure on the lock stuff but never had that issue but I don't go to the dealer unless it's a non-powertrain warranty issue.

What does your tuner say about the issue you're having?
I'd heard about some port injection controllers not being powerful enough or not quick enough to manage E85 content in real-time, are you thinking the the Motiv is strong enough to use PI to take the burden off the stock injectors?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 09:54 PM   #304
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweebabySeamus View Post
I'd heard about some port injection controllers not being powerful enough or not quick enough to manage E85 content in real-time, are you thinking the the Motiv is strong enough to use PI to take the burden off the stock injectors?
The problem isn't whether it's strong enough...it does what it's designed to do and that's simply adding fuel via rpm/boost. The Motiv Reflex is much more than that and I'd be doing their product a disservice by trying to simplify it. But...it will do port fueling very well and it integrates with Ecutek software pending you have a quality tuner that knows what he's doing. Ian@Bend Calibration has these kits on a couple cars now and I think the only thing in the way of some results is the weather.