BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-19-2019, 08:20 PM   #23
M Turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535 I

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Performance View Post
Awesome, thx for the reply. I actually have watched ur unboxing video yesterday, thx for sharing. Would be great if you can show a comparison log of your IAT before/after install. That would be totally sufficient data for me. Just like you, I would also only buy this to ensure more consistent power delivery in high ambient temps.
Quote:
Awesome, thx for the reply. I actually have watched ur unboxing video yesterday, thx for sharing. Would be great if you can show a comparison log of your IAT before/after install. That would be totally sufficient data for me. Just like you, I would also only buy this to ensure more consistent power delivery in high ambient temps.

I logged a few pulls before the install and waiting for it to dry up so I can do some more pulls. Will post both. Also had the car on the dyno and doing a before and after to see if we get any HP from it
      06-20-2019, 02:44 AM   #24
M_Performance
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Turbo View Post
I logged a few pulls before the install and waiting for it to dry up so I can do some more pulls. Will post both. Also had the car on the dyno and doing a before and after to see if we get any HP from it
You are a star! Looking forward to the results, so far I couldn't find data for any Intercooler on this platform. If you find out that it helps to keep better control of IAT in high ambient alone, it would be totally worth it to me.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thx in advance! I'll keep fingers crossed that it dries up soon
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 07:41 AM   #25
M Turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You are a star! Looking forward to the results, so far I couldn't find data for any Intercooler on this platform. If you find out that it helps to keep better control of IAT in high ambient alone, it would be totally worth it to me.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thx in advance! I'll keep fingers crossed that it dries up soon
Quote:
Quote:

I also wasn't able to find anything online so decided to test it myself and help others while at it. Looks like it might clear up here tonight or tomorrow. I'll do some pulls and see the results. Also calling the dyno today to try and book some pulls. 60% more air flow should help with a little WHP. I don't know if it will but we will find out.
      06-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #26
tharptroy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Hello, I purchased an installed this product few days ago. Also posted on YouTube the unboxing video. (S55 VRSF UNBOXING) I also did some pulls a day before and will do several more pulls when the rain stops here in south Florida. Also did some dragy runs to see if 60-130 times improved.

Ultimately just trying to make sure temps stay low. My old temps weren't bad and with the VRSF should be a little lower. We will know soon.
From your video, it looks like your cooler arrived with paint sprayed over one of the coolant ports, they should have masked it
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:21 AM   #27
nbennettksu
Colonel
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Did you have this on at PBIR on Sat?

You goin Jul 13?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #28
M Turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
Quote:

You goin Jul 13?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharptroy View Post
Quote:
Hello, I purchased an installed this product few days ago. Also posted on YouTube the unboxing video. (S55 VRSF UNBOXING) I also did some pulls a day before and will do several more pulls when the rain stops here in south Florida. Also did some dragy runs to see if 60-130 times improved.

Ultimately just trying to make sure temps stay low. My old temps weren't bad and with the VRSF should be a little lower. We will know soon.
From your video, it looks like your cooler arrived with paint sprayed over one of the coolant ports, they should have masked it
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
Quote:

You goin Jul 13?
I had it on during the event. Ran fine, actually pulled well and never got hot
      06-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #29
M_Performance
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
I also wasn't able to find anything online so decided to test it myself and help others while at it. Looks like it might clear up here tonight or tomorrow. I'll do some pulls and see the results. Also calling the dyno today to try and book some pulls. 60% more air flow should help with a little WHP. I don't know if it will but we will find out.
Sounds amazing, can't wait to hear back from you and finally see some data. Thanks a bunch, your effort is much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 06:06 PM   #30
audia4317
Rep
Drives: SC E46 M3

In for results - very interested to see how this does
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 11:02 PM   #31
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i, F82 M4, M6 GC, X5M

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Quote:
Sounds amazing, can't wait to hear back from you and finally see some data. Thanks a bunch, your effort is much appreciated!
I apologize for the delay, the data we were provided with included both the front mounted cooler we've been working on as well as the top mount cooler. We've been waiting for independent results from a couple customers for the top mounted intercooler alone so we don't have inflated results, we should have something up shortly
      06-20-2019, 11:19 PM   #32
M Turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Quote:
I apologize for the delay, the data we were provided with included both the front mounted cooler we've been working on as well as the top mount cooler. We've been waiting for independent results from a couple customers for the top mounted intercooler alone so we don't have inflated results, we should have something up shortly
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by audia4317 View Post
In for results - very interested to see how this does
Quote:
Quote:
Hello!! I just purchased and installed your s55 intercooler. Will have dyno and log results in a few days. We shall see, don't think I'll gain HP, but more so stay cool longer
      06-23-2019, 08:32 AM   #33
tharptroy
Private First Class
Rep

I advise all that anyone who plans to install an intercooler from any vendor perform a pressure test before installation.

Last edited by tharptroy; 06-23-2019 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Vendor request
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 04:42 PM   #34
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i, F82 M4, M6 GC, X5M

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Quote:
Both my docracing CP's or the VRSF did not come with silicone connections so had to use the only color available at the time. (Red) black was ordered.
Your CP should have included couplers, shoot over an e-mail along with your order number and we'll get a couple couplers sent over
      06-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #35
M Turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Both my docracing CP's or the VRSF did not come with silicone connections so had to use the only color available at the time. (Red) black was ordered.
Your CP should have included couplers, shoot over an e-mail along with your order number and we'll get a couple couplers sent over
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you but I ended up just going to local shop and got some on the spot. Thanks again.
      06-24-2019, 11:08 AM   #36
nars3000
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '17 M3 ZCP, '18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharptroy View Post
I advise all that anyone who plans to install an intercooler from any vendor perform a pressure test before installation.
What's your method of pressure testing? Are you doing it installed or uninstalled?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 07:37 PM   #37
tharptroy
Private First Class
Rep

I just went to home Depot and picked up some rubber plumbing caps and a PVC adapter to connect to an air hose. Setup is not safe for much more than about 10psi, but you can detect any obvious flaws
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #38
chriskeefe
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Tiago@VRSF

Any data yet? We just stumbled upon my factory charge air cooler leaking internally during track prep for Monday and curious about any efficiency gain with your product.

If you want real data we can fit my F80 m3 with water and air - inlet / outlet pressure / temp, depression etc.. Car is already fitted with Motec dash and TC8 for EGT's etc..

My car is currently at Dinan while we put the finishing touches on port flashing for MEVD17 S55. Can have Dyno results by the end of the week
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 11:27 AM   #39
ttrank
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP/CCB, 15 MC-S, 17 CX9

Any updates from those who were going to perform dyno testing?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 09:42 PM   #40
M_easy
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Quote:
We'll have them posted shortly.

Any deals going with your intakes and charge pipes
?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 04:58 AM   #41
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_easy View Post
Any deals going with your intakes and charge pipes
?
Check your inbox
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 11:00 PM   #42
sly1types
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

any logs for this?
AA Mid Pipe & VRSF DPs
E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:58 PM   #43
Envy ///M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Logs? Would like to see IATs before and after install.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #44
drewwdrew
Rep
Drives: m4

Will be logging IATs on my oem IC today, installing the VRSF this weekend, and log the same drive on Monday. Will report back next week.

Edit: BM3 decided to crash during my drive and didn't save the log. I kept an eye on the BM3 dashboard the entire drive. Peak IAT of 104*, averaged 98* over the entire drive. Ambient air temp was 60*. 2 hour drive that included 30 mins of freeway cruising, 70 mins of canyons, 20 mins of city driving.

Last edited by drewwdrew; 12-06-2019 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 0