European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-31-2023, 04:14 AM   #1
Amy Morgan
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp

M4 Comp F82 - Alarm issues!

Morning,
Forgive me i am brand new to this forum and just purchased a M4 Comp 2018 model, only had it 2 weeks and the alarm keeps randomly going off?

I have changed the battery in the central locking remote, open and closed all the doors, checked windows, its not tilted in anyway (on a flat driveway) however the car is fine for 3/4 days but then just randomly goes off and its annoying me and the neighbours - I was wandering if anyone had/has the same issue and what did they do?

Thanks
Amy
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 06:54 AM   #2
f80fan
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80

Perhaps keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone suggests the likely cause. Perhaps a spider has set up home in there

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...-alarm.264759/
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 04:16 PM   #3
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

That’s a really strange one. Can’t say I’ve read anything on an issue like that.
Insect/spider hiding away might be a good call.

I believe you can disable the internal alarm sensors before leaving the car & locking/setting the alarm.

Im not familiar with how to do it but it should be easy enough to find out.

Perhaps try it out? If the alarm keeps triggering then at least you know its not the internal sensors.

Or you could try a full hard reset of the control modules. This sometimes cures all types of gremlins.

Disconnect the battery by removing the negative terminal connection. Leave it for at least 15 minutes, then reconnect. Reset done.

If you do this *** DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BOOT LID *** or you won’t get back in the boot. If you need to pull it shut, make sure you put a thick cloth over the catch holder first, to prevent it locking shut.

Got to be worth a try for nothing.
      11-05-2023, 12:04 PM   #4
ukbeemerboy
Beemer Heaven
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Morgan View Post
Morning,
Forgive me i am brand new to this forum and just purchased a M4 Comp 2018 model, only had it 2 weeks and the alarm keeps randomly going off?

I have changed the battery in the central locking remote, open and closed all the doors, checked windows, its not tilted in anyway (on a flat driveway) however the car is fine for 3/4 days but then just randomly goes off and its annoying me and the neighbours - I was wandering if anyone had/has the same issue and what did they do?

Thanks
Amy
My bet would be your battery if it’s going off after a few days. If you keep it on a trickle charger then this could be ruled out but if you don’t and it goes off after the rough same time frame then it could be linked to voltage drop from the battery.

2018 BMW M4 Competition
2019 Mini Countryman Cooper S : 2008 Mini Cooper
Appreciate 0