Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

10-10-2023, 06:06 AM   #1
stu_c
Rep
Drives: Nissan

Newbie M4 Questions

Hi all
I collected my M4 Comp Ultimate (2019) on Saturday and I love it! Just have a few newbie M4 questions hopefully you can help with

1. Is there a way to get the system to work with Android auto?

2. Reviews on BMW Drive Recorder, is it worth it or do I just get an after market dashcam?

3. I have the wireless charging in the centre console (under arm rest) unfortunately my phone doesn't fit in the holder 😑, is there another type I can fit? I have seen some that replaces the bit where the 12v supply is?

Anything else I should change / add (apart from Carbon bits)

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2023, 11:20 AM   #2
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Congrats & welcome...

1. No idea.

2. It's not meant to be much good. Staying OEM, the latest BMW advanced eye (version 3 I believe), is meant to be pretty good. Or go aftermarket, such as Thinkware.

3. There's someone who makes/sells 3D printed holders for the wireless charger, which allows a large phone to fit. Can't remember if it's on this forum or Cutters to be honest, a quick search should find it.

GTS/CS transmission flash is so much better than stock. It comes as a freebie with BM3, which is a great upgrade (stick with stage 1 if you don't want to mess with engine hardware). If you don't fancy engine tuning, Zed coding can do the transmission flash remotely for not a lot of £££'s.
      01-02-2024, 01:12 PM   #3
WhiteFox
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

1 Android Auto not supported

Below is my personal experience

2 Drive recorder not available but you can get drive analyser as an OBDC plug in and app

3 BMW Parking Eye 3 Pro is very good and comes with a screen as well if you want to keep OEM. I had thinkaware in my M3 and was ok but would not buy again.

4 There is a 3D printed extension you can add which in my view is ok but a pain to use under the arm rest. Inducktiv Charging is the best OEM wireless charging that’s out there so may want to have a look at this but it’s pricey but OEM+

5 GTS flash evolve automotive can do this and personally worth it as car is less jumpy.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0