VIBE Motorsports
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #45
ThinkRevolutionx
Private
22
Rep
94
Posts

Drives: Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

I saw the RS5 at the international auto show in NYC and it blew my socks off. I've never particularly liked Audi or been interested in them, but the presence this car has in person has to be seen to believed. It's actually weird because I look at it in pictures now and i'm not impressed. In person, completely different experience.
Appreciate 4
      05-19-2018, 12:04 PM   #46
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Seniorleb's Avatar
474
Rep
559
Posts

Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkRevolutionx View Post
I saw the RS5 at the international auto show in NYC and it blew my socks off. I've never particularly liked Audi or been interested in them, but the presence this car has in person has to be seen to believed. It's actually weird because I look at it in pictures now and i'm not impressed. In person, completely different experience.
U got the perfect words and this is why I Always says on this forum that writing a review or posting pictures for any car do not justify the looks or the experience, the closest thing is to post a good video and yet better to see the car in person!

The new Rs5 looks so good and man oh man the other day I had even 911 GT3 staring at me so much and was impressed this car is so pretty!
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #47
Super Spartan
Colonel
Super Spartan's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
1423
Rep
2,401
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW M3 E93
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seniorleb View Post
U got the perfect words and this is why I Always says on this forum that writing a review or posting pictures for any car do not justify the looks or the experience, the closest thing is to post a good video and yet better to see the car in person!

The new Rs5 looks so good and man oh man the other day I had even 911 GT3 staring at me so much and was impressed this car is so pretty!
indeed it looks like a beast and so futuristic. Are you gonna buy one?
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #48
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Seniorleb's Avatar
474
Rep
559
Posts

Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
indeed it looks like a beast and so futuristic. Are you gonna buy one?
Yes it does, as for buying one not sure yet
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #49
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Seniorleb's Avatar
474
Rep
559
Posts

Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfster View Post
Audi offers an "upgraded" wheel option for an extra $1K over the wheels shown on the car.

Attachment 1825561
Saturday I am going with Snappy Phoenix to see a car displayed in Audi with those wheels!
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2018, 12:46 PM   #50
R-M4
First Lieutenant
138
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 CP - Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (0)

I really like the front of the car. However, the rear is just "blah"!
Appreciate 1
      07-06-2018, 10:46 PM   #51
Egrunt
First Lieutenant
Egrunt's Avatar
United_States
258
Rep
343
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5, 2018 BMW R1200GSA
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Diego County

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I was at the local Audi dealership looking at a S5 Sportback for the wife and came across a RS5. I have been thinking about transitioning from my F80 to a 911S but do not want to spend over 100k on my next vehicle. The 911S I was looking at was 125k. Something about this RS5 is starting to call my name.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #52
Funf6cyl
Banned
270
Rep
530
Posts

Drives: 6 cyl
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Synchronized

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
I was at the local Audi dealership looking at a S5 Sportback for the wife and came across a RS5. I have been thinking about transitioning from my F80 to a 911S but do not want to spend over 100k on my next vehicle. The 911S I was looking at was 125k. Something about this RS5 is starting to call my name.
Beautiful car. Not a fan of black but the RS5 is stunning in person as well as the interior. Very nice car overall.
Appreciate 2
      07-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #53
CommonProject
New Member
11
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SF

iTrader: (0)

It's a nice looking car but it's way too overpriced
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2018, 06:42 PM   #54
Super Spartan
Colonel
Super Spartan's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
1423
Rep
2,401
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW M3 E93
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egrunt View Post
I was at the local Audi dealership looking at a S5 Sportback for the wife and came across a RS5. I have been thinking about transitioning from my F80 to a 911S but do not want to spend over 100k on my next vehicle. The 911S I was looking at was 125k. Something about this RS5 is starting to call my name.
Looks like a beast!
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #55
m3rxn
Lieutenant Colonel
537
Rep
1,861
Posts

Drives: boosted Inline 6's
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Southern Cali

iTrader: (0)

Great review. TY
__________________
15 F82 M4, YMB-6MT/ext Black Merino/carbon fiber/19"Black 437M/LEDs/HK/VFE HEX S1
17 G30 540i, AW-8spd auto/Black Dakota-///M-sport/ZPP/ZDA/ZDB/ZDT/LEDs/20" V-spoke 759i/HK
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 09:03 AM   #56
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
United_States
2123
Rep
2,614
Posts

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (1)

Can't speak to the driving experience of the car, but from an objective point of view (comparing technical data to its competitors) the C63S and M4 are superior vehicles and less or equally priced. Maybe the car is worth the 90k or so fully loaded, but in comparison to the competition, it's a bit overpriced. If I'm spending that kind of money I'd personally prefer a C63S coupe.
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 07:24 PM   #57
Speedwell-Industries
Speedwell-Industries's Avatar
United_States
411
Rep
884
Posts

Drives: 2017 YMB M3
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the awesome review!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 04:20 AM   #58
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Seniorleb's Avatar
474
Rep
559
Posts

Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedwell-Industries View Post
Thanks for the awesome review!
Thank You
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 04:38 AM   #59
Seniorleb
Lieutenant
Seniorleb's Avatar
474
Rep
559
Posts

Drives: 2018 SO M4 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3rxn View Post
Great review. TY
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 04:16 PM   #60
ASAP
Major General
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
3807
Rep
5,077
Posts

Drives: M2 Comp
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 305

iTrader: (0)

I consider cars like this from Audi to be more GT type and not really direct competitors to the M3 per say... i would argue this car is more luxurious and more refined but perhaps doesn't offer the same driving experience. It's an awesome car but in my honest opinion Audi doesn't target the same market... there is not even a single track the RS5 came close to the M4 on... conversly one could argue its a better daily driver... i think it comes down to preferential differences.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 08:51 PM   #61
keno
Private First Class
20
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: '19 C63S AMG Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

My brother picked up a 2018 Sonoma Green RS5 last month, the car is amazing all around (looks/interior/performance), Audi really hit it out of the park.

The Sonoma Green gets attention like no other, the interior is very well done (especially the quilted seats), and the digital gauges are a great touch.



__________________
'19 C63s AMG Coupe (On order)
'18 Audi RS5
'13 E92 M3 Mineral White/Fox Red 6MT (For Sale)

Last edited by keno; 07-25-2018 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #62
ASAP
Major General
ASAP's Avatar
No_Country
3807
Rep
5,077
Posts

Drives: M2 Comp
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 305

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keno View Post
My brother picked up a 2018 Sonoma Green RS5 last month, the car is amazing all around (looks/interior/performance), Audi really hit it out of the park.

The Sonoma Green gets attention like no other, the interior is very well done (especially the quilted seats), and the digital gauges are a great touch.



I can undertand the duck but the xmas tree smell...
Appreciate 2
swanson553.50
Seniorleb474.00

      07-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #63
keno
Private First Class
20
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: '19 C63S AMG Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I can undertand the duck but the xmas tree smell...
Haha.. not my call!
__________________
'19 C63s AMG Coupe (On order)
'18 Audi RS5
'13 E92 M3 Mineral White/Fox Red 6MT (For Sale)
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #64
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
No Boost's Avatar
United_States
3080
Rep
1,831
Posts

Drives: 987 CS
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chester County, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I consider cars like this from Audi to be more GT type and not really direct competitors to the M3 per say... i would argue this car is more luxurious and more refined but perhaps doesn't offer the same driving experience. It's an awesome car but in my honest opinion Audi doesn't target the same market... there is not even a single track the RS5 came close to the M4 on... conversly one could argue its a better daily driver... i think it comes down to preferential differences.
Illuminated cup holders don't contribute to the driving experience?
__________________
6MT|SOUL|Softronic|Numeric Racing|KW|Tarett|APEX|Raceseng
F6I 3.8L Stage II Track Performer engine in queue
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 08:47 PM   #65
gatorfast
Major General
gatorfast's Avatar
United_States
3732
Rep
6,489
Posts

Drives: 718 Cayman
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I consider cars like this from Audi to be more GT type and not really direct competitors to the M3 per say... i would argue this car is more luxurious and more refined but perhaps doesn't offer the same driving experience. It's an awesome car but in my honest opinion Audi doesn't target the same market... there is not even a single track the RS5 came close to the M4 on... conversly one could argue its a better daily driver... i think it comes down to preferential differences.
Illuminated cup holders don't contribute to the driving experience?
Yea those interior neon lights looks out of place and a bit tacky in an otherwise beautiful interior.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #66
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
14544
Rep
18,440
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
My wife got invited to an Audi Sport driving experience. We got to test drive most Audi Sport model offered in Canada, the roster included the RS3, TT-RS, RS5, RS7, R8 spider and R8 V10 plus.

I was left rather un-impressed by the RS5. Like many have said, it is more of a GT car compared to the M4. It feels it’s weight very much. The suspension in Dynamic mode is downright choppy. I found it feels like a faster S5 and that’s about it. Acceleration wise, it does not feel any faster than my wife’s RS3 (I did not go above 160km/h) and I actually find the RS3 more enjoyable to drive, due to it being considerably lighter, more nimble, having the more eager DSG transmission and having that wonderfully sounding 5-pot. The 8AT in the RS5 is lazy and the ratios are too short, I often bumped against the rev limiter which bogged acceleration. You really need to anticipate those upshifts in manual mode. The RS5 is however the better daily driver compared to the M4 with a much more luxurious feeling interior and the benefit of AWD. I would however never consider trading my M4 for it. Although I have not test driven the RS5 on track, I pretty confident in saying it won’t hold up to the M4, and track driving is an important aspect for me.
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates

Last edited by CanAutM3; 08-02-2018 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
audi rs5, rs5, rs5 coupe

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST