Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #67
breakfastlinks
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modaddict79 View Post
Agree totally with this.

Try and make a relevant point about a paid sponsor and the moderators will delete it.

So much for freedom of speech lol.

Maybe I should become a paying forum customer?
Last time I checked this is a private forum on the internet. Freedom of speech lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #68
breakfastlinks
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
How was the OP undercutting PTFs rep I don’t get that?
"Extremely Disappointed With Pro Tuning Freaks BM3 Support... " Just HAD to create a whole new thread with a title like that eh? Obviously will catch attention of PTF ASAP but maybe could've tried other portals. IIRC it was the tuning shp, Cedar who fucked up.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #69
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastlinks View Post
"Extremely Disappointed With Pro Tuning Freaks BM3 Support... " Just HAD to create a whole new thread with a title like that eh? Obviously will catch attention of PTF ASAP but maybe could've tried other portals. IIRC it was the tuning shp, Cedar who fucked up.
Was he not disappointed with the support at that time?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #70
F80SUPREM3
Rep
Drives: f80 M3

Quote:
Haha wow did you even read the thread? Stop your crying and go jump off a bridge.
Appreciate 2
f80er2056.00
Poochie9099.00
      03-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #71
LLNM4
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M4 F82 MG

Moderator, time to close this thread. point made and
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2018, 01:34 PM   #72
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
That's a matter of perspective my man! The OP has a right to complain,he paid his $$ plus other unseen expenses.I will say it again, This in no way hurts PTFs rep based on style of complaint. I see it as constructive and MY response to the OP would be to call them again and let them know even after the OPs rant. PTF stepped up and took care of the man. It cost the OP way more than it cost PTF FACTS! They got his money. The thread never got deleted nor closed as well.

And man I am not mad at you Alot of us just see it differently. All is fair you have a right to say how you feel I just feel the aggression was uncalled for unless you are the owner of the company..
We're good!

Last edited by ceedawg; 03-22-2018 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 01:36 PM   #73
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLNM4 View Post
Moderator, time to close this thread. point made and
      06-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #74
Aurelion
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

So, I am planning to purchase and flash this on my f30 n20. This is going to be my first flash and it's my daily driver. I am not taking it to any shop as I think I am capable enough to do this on my own. I also understand there are risk with such things but since this is the first time for me I don't want to get into a situation I will regret.

My questions here would be what kind of an issue can I face while flashing this and how quick would the support be if I end up with one.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #75
stroker15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328I Sportline

My F30 is Bricked.

Well, I tried flashing my F30 with Bootmod3, and it failed. Messaged tech support and they were able to get back to me and remote my laptop right away. Problem is, it kept failing. Online reset also didn't work, nothing worked. They said maybe the problem is my laptop and try another one. Unfortunately I don't have another one, no money to buy another one, and don't know anyone here that will loan me one. So I just ordered a 100 foot extension cable so I can take my desktop and 40 inch tv outside and try it with my desktop.I'm scared, and my car will not start, It's bricked. I'm screwed right now. I wish I knew how that first guy fixed the problem. Because if the problem isn't my laptop then I'm hosed. I'm waiting for amazon prime to deliver the extenstion chord now.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #76
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker15 View Post
Well, I tried flashing my F30 with Bootmod3, and it failed. Messaged tech support and they were able to get back to me and remote my laptop right away. Problem is, it kept failing. Online reset also didn't work, nothing worked. They said maybe the problem is my laptop and try another one. Unfortunately I don't have another one, no money to buy another one, and don't know anyone here that will loan me one. So I just ordered a 100 foot extension cable so I can take my desktop and 40 inch tv outside and try it with my desktop.I'm scared, and my car will not start, It's bricked. I'm screwed right now. I wish I knew how that first guy fixed the problem. Because if the problem isn't my laptop then I'm hosed. I'm waiting for amazon prime to deliver the extenstion chord now.
That long of a run can cause latency issues, don't recommend long extension cables.

If you have AAA, have the car towed to us, we can most likely get you back up and running again in no time.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 12:37 PM   #77
Bmwlmr99
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m4

install it yourself, easy as pie
Appreciate 1
HiFi414.00
      05-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #78
stroker15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
That long of a run can cause latency issues, don't recommend long extension cables.

If you have AAA, have the car towed to us, we can most likely get you back up and running again in no time.
The extension chord is a 100 foot power cord so I can plug in my 40 inch tv and desktop outside where my car is stuck. I don't have any power outlets outside my house, none near where my car is. PM me for the cost of you fixing it if you can. BMW wants $200 to reprogram my computer back to stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 01:15 PM   #79
stroker15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My elctrical extension chord just showed up, I'll report back in an hour or two if using my desktop worked or not. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #80
stroker15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

PTF Tech Support got it fixed.

Hallelujah, we got my car running and the tune uploaded. I took my desktop out there and it wasn't seeing the connection. Serge, from PTF was waiting for me and I connected with him. He remote controlled my computer and found that my dns was set wrong on my lan connection. We got a connection to the car.

However, the map upload still kept failing. I disconnected and reconnected the battery. Still fail. I ain't gonna lie, I was tearing up at this point.

Finally Serge did a DME reset and that went through. It reset all my stored values. Then we tried a flash again and it succeeded!!

You can't imagine how relieved I was when my car started. Serge from PTF messaged me a few times while I was waiting for my extension chord, he was immediately available to help me and he got it fixed.

I haven't driven the car yet, I'm still shell shocked from this whole ordeal. I'm still not sure what the problem was. It could have been a bad initial connection with my laptop, or maybe the DME just needed to be reset from the get go. I don't know.

If you run into this same problem with the maps failing, I'd try resetting the DME and try the flash again. Or maybe I got lucky, I don't know, whatever it is I'll take it. But yes, I have to admit, PTF tech support was ready and immediately available to help me. And they got it fixed.

Thank you Serge, I know you're reading this. You saved my life.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #81
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker15 View Post
Hallelujah, we got my car running and the tune uploaded. I took my desktop out there and it wasn't seeing the connection. Serge, from PTF was waiting for me and I connected with him. He remote controlled my computer and found that my dns was set wrong on my lan connection. We got a connection to the car.

However, the map upload still kept failing. I disconnected and reconnected the battery. Still fail. I ain't gonna lie, I was tearing up at this point.

Finally Serge did a DME reset and that went through. It reset all my stored values. Then we tried a flash again and it succeeded!!

You can't imagine how relieved I was when my car started. Serge from PTF messaged me a few times while I was waiting for my extension chord, he was immediately available to help me and he got it fixed.

I haven't driven the car yet, I'm still shell shocked from this whole ordeal. I'm still not sure what the problem was. It could have been a bad initial connection with my laptop, or maybe the DME just needed to be reset from the get go. I don't know.

If you run into this same problem with the maps failing, I'd try resetting the DME and try the flash again. Or maybe I got lucky, I don't know, whatever it is I'll take it. But yes, I have to admit, PTF tech support was ready and immediately available to help me. And they got it fixed.

Thank you Serge, I know you're reading this. You saved my life.
Serge is awesome!!

I had an issue with the online recode (it had nothing to do with BM3, i accidentally deleted my coding file). within 30 minutes Serge and Dzenno took care of it.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2019, 10:13 PM   #82
stroker15
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

All Good.

I just wanted to report that I installed the OBD Agent so I can tune with my phone. The initial problem I had could have been because I was using a USB to Lan adapter and the added latency caused the tune to fail and get stuck. The Lan port on my laptop is broken.

Since installing the adapter, I have flashed my car back to stock and reinstalled the stage 1 tune without a problem. I clear my stored values under diagnostics first, just in case. But it flashes perfect using my phone.

I don't know if it makes a difference or not but I'd recommend clearing stored values under diagnostics first if you're flashing for the first time, and don't use a USB to Lan adapter until someone else confirms it works. I don't know what the initial problem was, but it is now gone using my phone.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 10:32 AM   #83
mbadger
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

BM3 Support Issue-Disappointed

Bought BM3 on Sep 26 and followed the Instructions
(From Mike Extremepowerhouse--Very helpful guy and responds quickly and helped with all my questions)

I have an issue after I added the gts map and rolled back to original map and locked the dme and still the transmission errors is showing on the dash.

Serge from BM3 straight away instructed me to see BMW service instead of troubleshooting the issue. Upon request Finally he agreed to be on a screen share call and troubleshooted for a bit and said he cannot fix it and assigned the ticket to one of their master calibrator.

Its been since that day when I flashed my car(26 Sep19) and still driving with the transmission light on and there is no proper response of helping me.

I really like the product and I'm feeling bad right now for buying it. Hope they understand and help me with the issue or at least explain their version of when can they get back to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #84
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

I never understood why someone would ride or die for a manufacturer/supplier/etc....

This is how capitalism works. Unless a company pays you money to represent them, you look pathetic riding them while simultaneously giving them your money.

Obviously the end result of all of this was that PTF took care of it and it was a real situation. OP didn't even seem confrontational about it, he just wanted to know what was going on.
Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11421.00
Poochie9099.00
      10-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #85
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
I never understood why someone would ride or die for a manufacturer/supplier/etc....

This is how capitalism works. Unless a company pays you money to represent them, you look pathetic riding them while simultaneously giving them your money.

Obviously the end result of all of this was that PTF took care of it and it was a real situation. OP didn't even seem confrontational about it, he just wanted to know what was going on.
people like to take sides; makes them feel important or part of a movement

society is very fickle
Appreciate 2
NYG10577.50
      10-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #86
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
people like to take sides; makes them feel important or part of a movement

society is very fickle
You're not wrong, which is why ISIS and Flat Earth recruiting are even a thing. Some people are just looking for belonging and purpose and will hear what they want.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 2
      10-09-2019, 06:21 PM   #87
M3hf80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

I don't want take sides or start a riot but see this is what I don't understand, there are numerous numbers of posts on this thread of people running into issues with BM3.

However, every time I read a thread on which tune to go with, people refer to BM3 or Alpine. But I see numerous complains on BM3 but almost 0 cons on alpine, I literally can't find anything wrong with alpine.

Even with all this, I'm still tempted to buy a BM3 but Can someone explain why someone would risk all this to go with BM3 when literally no one has had an issue with Alpine. I get that only thing BM3 has over alpine are the easy access, and the freedom to tune back and forth, but wouldn't you prefer to do it once and do it right?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 07:23 PM   #88
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hf80 View Post
I don't want take sides or start a riot but see this is what I don't understand, there are numerous numbers of posts on this thread of people running into issues with BM3.

However, every time I read a thread on which tune to go with, people refer to BM3 or Alpine. But I see numerous complains on BM3 but almost 0 cons on alpine, I literally can't find anything wrong with alpine.

Even with all this, I'm still tempted to buy a BM3 but Can someone explain why someone would risk all this to go with BM3 when literally no one has had an issue with Alpine. I get that only thing BM3 has over alpine are the easy access, and the freedom to tune back and forth, but wouldn't you prefer to do it once and do it right?
Neither are very expensive. Get whichever you wish. Both are good products.
Appreciate 0