GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

07-19-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
_BSMM5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
DIY: Re-coding EDC Back in

After I picked up my used F80, I realized the previous owner had coded out EDC due to having coilovers but never bothered (or didn't know how) to code the EDC back in. I wanted to code it back in and searched around but everything I found was for removing EDC. Although the process is super basic, but if you were new to coding like me and looking for the right direction this might help you.

I am not a professional, nor am I an expert coder - so please follow these instructions with caution and you're own risk - I am just giving reference to what I did and what worked for me!

*In order to re-code EDC you will be adding 2VF (Adaptive suspension) back into the VO (Vehicle Order) and then recoding the appropriate ECUs*

1. Install E-Sys - I found directions and downloads here http://blog.obdii365.com/2017/08/15/...-and-psdzdata/

2. Follow the directions in this tutorial but add in 2VF: https://mega.nz/#!EgIFAZKb!H12P6g_2p...j4BT5UCMxck1bw

- You can leave your car running during this
- Plug in the drivers seatbelt
- Make sure your EDC module in the trunk is plugged in (located above the battery) and all the plugs for each strut are plugged in (this is a pain if they aren't).

3. In step 12 it tells you to recode the appropriate ECU's - I recoded ACSM, ICM, KOMBI, HU_NBT

4. Disconnect and turn the car off. Before I turned the car off I had a number of Chassis/Differential malfunctions (not sure why on the diff malfunctions).

5. Wait for the car to rest, go inside, lay on the floor and count down from 100 (okay, you don't actually have to do this)

6. Turn the car back on and your errors *should* go away.

If this did not work then you may have a strut acceleration sensor that is damaged or unplugged, check your plugs on your front struts first since their easiest and check you ECU module. If the problem persists, try to take 2VF back out and recode everything again and check your errors.

I figured this out by messaging shawnsheridan! So thank him not me!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
sam.echavarria
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Having the same issue...

Looks like the link to the file with the instructions has expired, do you think you can repost it?

Many Thanks,
Appreciate 0