European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #199
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

Oh no... what now!!!?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #200
Ellazzar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthen0thing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellazzar View Post
Did Vargas pay for your expenses? I'm in a bit of a pickle with them as well at the moment.
What happened? Are you at liberty to discuss at this point?
I am at liberty so speak my mind and to raise awareness that these guys are ruining our cars. I reached out to Chris and the response from him was that they can send me a V2 option which is much stronger and has warranty on parts and labor. When the V1 that I have and I quote has "no non-spun guarantee" nor warranty. what?!! They sell parts that have no warranty? Then why did most of us F80-F82 owner changed an OEM part to stone thing better and to find out that this is becoming a problem and more people report or others are afraid to report due to legal crap their problems.

And Tony, yes, as others stated here he is something else. I was, and am frustrated over this situation and in my email to him I said this is just unfortunate and bull...it and he replies to my email "why am I cussing"??? If for him $1700 labor only is nothing to us others here it is something. How about to others that spun already?! That's gonna be $30k in parts and labor right?

Unprofessional the way these guys handle this kind of distress that us S55 owners have now due to their faulty parts. Hopefully someone reads this before I get banned.

Full disclosure, I didn't spin the crank, but based on all the information I gathered in the last week it's a matter of time. At the moment running around 600whp, when I was just about to go PS2+ route and full E85 🤦🏼*♂️ but thanks to Edin (he knows who he is) I'll step back and have this crank hub fix before doing any other work. Most likely will have to go with another vendor since I'm very disappointed the way VTT is talking to me.

Don't mean to be disrespectful or insult any other people out here on the forum, I love the BMW community, this is the reason why I went from a 911 to a M4 but good luck to all out there with V1 crank hub fix. You'll all have to bite your nails and wish for the best

Regards,
Gabe
Appreciate 4
Redacre369.00
LINF83852.00
JDE92M3874.00
      03-11-2020, 07:01 PM   #201
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

I would highly advise against PS2+ based my my experience and my buyer’s experience. Pure is a good company and good support but just saying

Last edited by aBMWfan; 03-11-2020 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2020, 09:13 PM   #202
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
I would highly advise against PS2+ based my my experience and my buyer’s experience. Pure is a good company and good support but just saying
Do you mean VTT or pure turbos? I’ve only heard good things about Pure.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 11:10 PM   #203
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: All Things TurboCharged

There is no failure. Customer has a V1 installed for a while, read the thread, contacted me, asked about upgrading to V2, we said "sure, no problem if you want a V2 send us your V1 order number/etc." same as posted here. Customer mistakenly thought we paid for the labor for Bill's V1 failure (as stated in the thread, we did not) and wanted the same.

The warranty agreement, which is also on the site when you buy, and is also sent with all products is clear. Labor is not covered. This is industry standard across the board.

The V2 has a different, special, pre-arranged program (when installed by authorized shops) we call the no-slip guarantee, as described in detail earlier in the thread (and elsewhere). That's a different story.

Chris
Appreciate 1
LINF83852.00
      03-12-2020, 11:06 AM   #204
Ellazzar
Private First Class
Rep

Now I'm facing another issue, this never ends. Even if they Tony@vargasturbotech would give me a replacement (V2 option) there's no authorized shop here in Chicago area as they told me yesterday. Now what? I have to put the car on a trailer and have a shop in CA work on it?

I've been working with EP3Motorsports shop here in St Charles, professionals, and many M guys go here. but per Tony's remark I'm out of luck, would need to go a different route.

My mistake going with their product.
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2020, 11:34 AM   #205
behindthen0thing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Now I'm facing another issue, this never ends. Even if they Tony@vargasturbotech would give me a replacement (V2 option) there's no authorized shop here in Chicago area as they told me yesterday. Now what? I have to put the car on a trailer and have a shop in CA work on it?

I've been working with EP3Motorsports shop here in St Charles, professionals, and many M guys go here. but per Tony's remark I'm out of luck, would need to go a different route.

Get the insane, Max psi, or gitani hub and call it a day
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 12:13 PM   #206
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Fun facts: This person is scared to drive his car with a V1, he made a "mistake" going with this product. Both 9-second stock motor S55's run a V1 hub with no issues, no plans to change it. Our 725WHP F80 M3 ran and runs a V1 hub hundreds of dyno pulls, no issue, no plans to change it. Our 1000WHP N54 runs a V1 hub, hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds of 900+WHP dyno pulls, and track days, no issues, no plans to change it. The V1 issue was small, affected a small batch of hubs, we decided to pull them all, just replace with V2's anyway, at our own cost. Many people still run V1 with no issues including the ones above.

So to recap:

This person has NOT had a failure of any kind
This person was offered a V2 replacement at no cost, no questions asked
This person is complaining because we will not pay labor on a part that has not failed in any way
This person is complaining that we do not have a certified install shop in his area as if that is our fault. We would be happy to work with a shop in the area, but none have contacted us

Man oh man. When they say you can't please them all, they really mean it...
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #207
lvevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@VargasTurboTech View Post
Fun facts: This person is scared to drive his car with a V1, he made a "mistake" going with this product. Both 9-second stock motor S55's run a V1 hub with no issues, no plans to change it. Our 725WHP F80 M3 ran and runs a V1 hub hundreds of dyno pulls, no issue, no plans to change it. Our 1000WHP N54 runs a V1 hub, hundreds, and hundreds, and hundreds of 900+WHP dyno pulls, and track days, no issues, no plans to change it. The V1 issue was small, affected a small batch of hubs, we decided to pull them all, just replace with V2's anyway, at our own cost. Many people still run V1 with no issues including the ones above.

So to recap:

This person is complaining because we will not pay labor on a part that has not failed in any way
This person is complaining that we do not have a certified install shop in his area as if that is our fault. We would be happy to work with a shop in the area, but none have contacted us

Wouldn't it be in your best interest to build an installer network to better serve customers? I don't know maybe put customers first?
      03-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #208
ASRman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 competition 2018

Quote:

So to recap:

After reading through the the posts in this thread I'm not surprised he, or anyone else running your worse than stock solution V1, wants to swap out for V2. And yes you should cover labour to swap to V2 (whether or not their V1 has slipped) as the release of V2 by definition admits to an error in design with your V1. The industry standard is to issue a recall. Not to ask the customer to pick up the bill for your shoddy initial design and workmanship. Good luck with continuing running your business treating customers in this way
Appreciate 8
      03-12-2020, 06:47 PM   #209
flipnkraut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M3

Quote:

So to recap:

The way VTT has responded to this thread should be enough for anyone to not buy your products. All you keep doing is try to downplay the failure of your product.

Fact: VTT sold a product that was supposed to prevent a SCH
Fact: the VTT product failed to prevent it from happening (it doesn't matter if it was one or a hundred. It's still a fact)
Fact: VTT stated that there was a small batch that wasn't produced to standard
Quote:
To be forthcoming like I have been to date, a small number is based on a reasonable level of investigation and among other things, objective quality evidence from some guys that popped motors (not due to spline lock) and we contacted to check "hey while you were in there, tell us what things looked like when you pulled the spline lock". Simple enough. Haven't sold V1's for a long time. Have seen a couple that were soft, installers noticed and pinged us immediately.

Any company worth a damn that knew there was a batch of products that should not have passed quality control would have covered a replacement and any costs that go with it. And they would also know what batch of products that was and would offer an upfront replacement to any of the affected customers. They also would not wait like jackasses like you've been and let your product destroy an engine before you offer a replacement.
Appreciate 2
THEROK1267.50
terahertz162.50
      03-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #210
materialdistractions
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

Not sure what part of Chicagoland area you are from, but have you tried contacting Performance Eurowerks out in Buffalo Grove? Someone just recently had them install VTT's Crank hub and bolt capture kit. But, I'm sure if they're a recommended installer by VTT.
      03-12-2020, 09:07 PM   #211
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yeah, there are a billion shops out there, we're happy to grow the installer list, but it takes some doing, talking with them, vetting them, etc. All comes with the territory of "authorized installer". Generally shops reach out to us for this, at least in the start. Have some in Chicago doing so currently.

As to the other pilings on, we've been perfectly clear from the start on our position and policies. If you're still here posting how much you hate that, and are not a customer, have no experience with us or our products... well, that speaks volumes about you, not us.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 09:22 PM   #212
flipnkraut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If you're still here posting how much you hate that, and are not a customer, have no experience with us or our products... well, that speaks volumes about you, not us.

Chris
Ehhhhh.... You don't need to be a Comcast customer to know they're a shit company.
Appreciate 3
      03-13-2020, 07:46 AM   #213
Chris@VargasTurboTech
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnkraut View Post
Ehhhhh.... You don't need to be a Comcast customer to know they're a shit company.
If you say so sir, the fact still remains the quickest, and fastest 2 S55's in the world outside of the Maximum PSI race car both run a VTT V1 spline lock, and VTT GC's. The fact still remains a LARGE portion of professional shops install, and prefer to install the spline lock over all others. We will take it...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 08:43 AM   #214
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

Quote:
If you say so sir, the fact still remains the quickest, and fastest 2 S55's in the world outside of the Maximum PSI race car both run a VTT V1 spline lock, and VTT GC's. The fact still remains a LARGE portion of professional shops install, and prefer to install the spline lock over all others. We will take it...
Chris, your replies speak volumes of your misteps. Gotta build a foundation of solid reliable products and good customer service before bragging about fixing it the 2nd time
Appreciate 3
ASRman103.00
M-Pilot4859.00
terahertz162.50
      03-13-2020, 12:12 PM   #215
///BMW Junkie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M4

I don't necessarily have an issue with an aftermarket company attempting to address a critical weak point on a performance vehicle and having to improve the product down the line. Enthusiast community should always support these businesses and their efforts. At the end of the day, it works out for everyone. The customers get to improve their car and business gets to make money while adding value to the community. I think anyone buying these types of products should also be accountable for their decisions as is the vendor for the product. With all due respect, companies size as VTT etc. are not OE manufacturers to be held at such standard and be condemned for product improvement and this is by no means a knock on them. Parts get superseded all the time. I mean what can we say about BMW who have implemented this poor design for over a decade?! I believe and hope VTT they did their best at the time and genuinely believed and continue to do so in their product.

What I have an issue with is this back and forth with customers on public forums in such manner. Numerous examples here and FB groups. Guys I am all for defending your hard earned business reputation, however the poor dialogue I've witnessed used with customers that mostly posed pretty valid questions/comments/concerns especially when considering the sensitive nature of a crank hub, sorry but it shows lack of class. At least enough to defer someone like me who values integrity and respect more than anything to automatically look at taking my business elsewhere.
      03-13-2020, 12:12 PM   #216
flipnkraut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnkraut View Post
Xfinity advertises the fastest internet speeds in the US but has a terrible customer satisfaction score. Sounds like you like being the Xfinity of aftermarket parts.
Appreciate 1