proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

09-24-2021, 02:26 PM   #1
marlon177
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

NA

Deleted: everything is working fine after the additional wiring and some more modifications.

Last edited by marlon177; 10-26-2021 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Mod Emporium (and other well known headlight outlets) are just small business with good marketing and not necessarily good products/services (first hand experience here)... keep sending them emails, it could likely just be they're very busy. If it's the case that they just missed your emails/messages then keep being a squeaky wheel. If that's not the case, well let us know and don't take your business there again.

When I read the above again, I realize it's not that helpful and it sucks to be where you are due to the feeling of being left hanging. I empathize, I just think that continuing to message and giving them time to respond is probably the best course of action at this point.

Edit: my experience is not with Mod Emporium specifically, rather, a competitor in the same segment.

Last edited by RugbyBro; 09-24-2021 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 04:10 PM   #3
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep
Drives: M4/M3/330

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Mod Emporium (and other well known headlight outlets) are just small business with good marketing and not necessarily good products/services (first hand experience here)... keep sending them emails, it could likely just be they're very busy. If it's the case that they just missed your emails/messages then keep being a squeaky wheel. If that's not the case, well let us know and don't take your business there again.

When I read the above again, I realize it's not that helpful and it sucks to be where you are due to the feeling of being left hanging. I empathize, I just think that continuing to message and giving them time to respond is probably the best course of action at this point.
You have first hand experience?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #4
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

We reposted a story last week and it violated IG and they suspended our account for most of the week.
Fortunately after countless emailes we required access this morning
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 04:33 PM   #5
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod_Emporium View Post
Yes with one of your primary competitors hence my usage of "other well known headlight outlets". My first hand experience is currently occupying both sides of my bumper…

Edit: clarified my post above to be more fair

Last edited by RugbyBro; 09-24-2021 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 05:24 PM   #6
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes with one of your primary competitors hence my usage of "other well known headlight outlets". My first hand experience is currently occupying both sides of my bumper…
The reason we asked is because you made it seem as if you had some actual issues that needed to be resolved, to which we would be happy to help with!

So called "competitors" are actually customers as we supply a lot of parts these days to shops indirectly.

So if you have any issues relating to products, quality or just any questions at all, send over a message
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 05:32 PM   #7
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The reason we asked is because you made it seem as if you had some actual issues that needed to be resolved, to which we would be happy to help with!

So called "competitors" are actually customers as we supply a lot of parts these days to shops indirectly.

So if you have any issues relating to products, quality or just any questions at all, send over a message
Well I appreciate the gesture - this was a paint job so didn’t use any external or bavgruppe parts. Issues are related to the paint/assembly (overspray/spotting, smudging, swirling, curious foreign object). It’s not really worth the time to fix, more eye opening for me as I felt I could DIY a better job. And to contextualize that statement I have a decent amount of fabrication experience so I’m not a total n00b, just a somewhat experienced n00b.
      09-24-2021, 05:57 PM   #8
Mod_Emporium
Headlight Guru
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Well I appreciate the gesture - this was a paint job so didn’t use any external or bavgruppe parts. Issues are related to the paint/assembly (overspray/spotting, smudging, swirling, curious foreign object). It’s not really worth the time to fix, more eye opening for me as I felt I could DIY a better job. And to contextualize that statement I have a decent amount of fabrication experience so I’m not a total n00b, just a somewhat experienced n00b.
Quote:
Quote:

Well I appreciate the gesture - this was a paint job so didn't use any external or bavgruppe parts. Issues are related to the paint/assembly (overspray/spotting, smudging, swirling, curious foreign object). It's not really worth the time to fix, more eye opening for me as I felt I could DIY a better job. And to contextualize that statement I have a decent amount of fabrication experience so I'm not a total n00b, just a somewhat experienced n00b.
Seems like the hard work is done, (the initial opening of the headlights)

Quick bake at 250 for 7 mins will make the sealant release and the lens just falls off.

Get them professionally painted like we do
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 06:08 PM   #9
marlon177
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Mod Emporium reached out and said already sent out some sort of connector to address my current issue. Hoping this will resolve all my issues once in for all.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #10
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon177 View Post
Mod Emporium reached out and said already sent out some sort of connector to address my current issue. Hoping this will resolve all my issues once in for all.
Hope it works out!

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 09:41 AM   #11
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

they are not forum sponsors and have barely any posts but they still saw and responded to the thread the same day.

So far it's looking good, good luck OP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 3