Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

12-06-2023, 12:05 PM   #1
evoix
Major
Rep
Drives: X3m Evo IX Evo X

Habberstad bmw of huntington--avoid

I brought my 2020 x3m to Habberstad BMW of Huntington for servicing on November 2023. I dropped it off and during my advisement with PETE MITCHELL, we made it clear ten times that I did not want my vehicle to be washed. He made it very clear that he remembered me from last time because of my declination of the car wash. The reason for not wanting anyone to wash it was due to the vehicle being ceramic coated and therefore only hand washes and ph neutral soaps are utilized to clean this vehicle.

Upon returning for pickup, the vehicle was washed. I called PETE MITCHELL out to ask him why it was done and he conveyed to me that he made it very clear to whomever not to wash it and he was apologetic. Long story short, my vehicle was sent through the automated machine or washed with some type of brush that has left marks and swirls along with scratches in my ceramic coat. PETE MITCHELL blamed the service people stating he did his job by asking to not have it washed but he is not even capable of doing that.

I then spoke to service manager of Habberstad of Huntington VINNY DURANTE and after a month of going back and forth with proof of the ceramic coat being done, pictures of the damage, and running around; they have declined to pay for the damage to my vehicle. He was very dismissive of the concept of ceramic coating being scratched by hard bristle brushes or abrasive automated car washes on ceramic coated vehicles. The lack of knowledge in this area is clearly evident and no responsibility or action to correct the problem was taken.

This dealership is very unprofessional and do not take any responsibilities for their mistakes and damage done to customers cars. They do not treat their customers cars with respect and I would never recommend going there for service. I’ve had multiple M3’s and M vehicles, and have been a long time customer but this is the worst BMW dealership in terms of service on Long Island. Avoid this dealership for service especially VINNY DURANTE AND PETE MITCHELL if you actually care about your vehicle.
Appreciate 4
DN016.00
agentrnge382.00
Poiseuille5392.50