Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

View Poll Results: What color would you order (multiple choices allowed)?
300 – Alpine White 162 18.97%
B39 – Mineral Grey Metallic 131 15.34%
475 – Black Sapphire Metallic 102 11.94%
B50 – Sakhir Orange Metallic 131 15.34%
A29 – Silverstone Metallic 87 10.19%
B67 – Austin Yellow Metallic 104 12.18%
A96 – Mineral White Metallic 103 12.06%
B68 – Yas Marina Blue Metallic 151 17.68%
Other. Please specify (provide picture, if possible) 65 7.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 854. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

04-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #155
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ryder55 View Post
lups, hornet is beautiful. i love it. but i will get sick of it quickly. its rather too "look at me, my life sucks, but i have money, so i drive big bright fancy car" lol jk jk you see your influence has rubbed off on me

living here in LA and driving a car such as YMB and AY (won't even mention that Shitkir Orange) here is what I'll run into

1. Police --> no front plate ticket and tinted window ticket on the regular (if i got AY on black id do light tint, if i did YMB on black same thing but if i did YMB on SSII no tint, however, I would never get an interior color other than black unless its red since I've wanted it for so long) -- fortunately i didn't have this issue w/ my low key Space Grey E90, despite having a full setup of mods and a loud exhaust, mind you it wasn't a daily driver and neither will my new car. These colors will attract so much attention everywhere, and I don't think I want that especially since I plan on doing a bunch of after market changes.

2. Public --> oh my god, look at that bright yellow thing -- the girls looking at me here in LA (yes I'm in my mid 20s, handsome, muscular, but i do have a big nose and bushy air brows), will want to rape me and marry me for my money. YMB, omg that color is so cute.. or why did you get thEZZZ color instead of VATEVER else. Everywhere I go and park I'm going to have to deal w/ an idiot or two, what is this, omg what color, omg what year, omg omg.. EHHH!

3. I'll get sick of it eventually

4. I don't have the courage unless I see them in person, which won't happen till the cars get here and by than ill have my car. Regardless, I don't want either.

For me and for what I want, it just comes down to MG and MW. Both played out, and abundant everywhere, but at least MW isn't as bad as AW but its still a BMW white none the freaking less. I'm going to dream tonight and hopefully I wake up realizing the color that my M4 needs to be in order for my wildest dreams in the whole wide world to come true along with seeing 3 strippers laying in my bed wanting to take me on a journey into outer space with their clear 6" heels and 4" mini skirts.
Ryder, We now have a serious relationship problem.

I, as mentioned, have too much time, and my head works in a really funny way. I picture the people behind nicks also, and you just ruined this for me. For example, 335iRlz is Vanilla Ice himself, Parky is as surfer who builds sand castles at a beach, Ake is a mean man who enjoys torturing people with endless reminders of lessons forgotten, and Big Max is Cracula, the full deal with the neck tie and all.

You always were a nice Canadian gentleman with a walking stick, and of course the mandatory bow tie. I don't know if I can ever get over this new image given to me by you.

What you wrote about the hornet, is as true as it get. Is fine now, but I have to warn you, the whining will begin quite soon from me, I'm sure. I only did this to avoid white, I just can't see myself approaching the age group that uses reason with these decisions yet. 31 IS old, but damn, not ancient yet!

Now, to your list.
1. Well, do not date a blond ( they don't go with white, ever) and you can let her pick up the tickets for the missing plate, let her drive it in traffic. A good advice coming from a person who would never give her baby to the hands of an other woman, or a man. As an option, it could still work if you just start using heavy, mind numbing medication.

2. Move out of LA. It sounds like a place I will never even visit, I'm afraid of both types you described. I have endured them both enough, and I would like to say, that run! Still, guys with flashy cars hand out the worst pickup lines known to men, and it's a sport of mine to make a bad situation even worse. Just picture a Ferrari owner when you call his baby a Ford, and insist with a stern face, that it must be, cause it's the only one with the nice pony, and you get the idea. Of course you need to be blond to pull that one off, but hey, we also have our moment of fun.
3 and four were already handled above.

Now, MG I can support with my full authority in this horrible mess of colors we walk upon.

Now, to the important part. Never ever try to dream your favourite dream while under stress. You will only end up with one of them being a male and trying to rub of the image will be even worse for you than the color options. I would highly recommend a nice stroll in a beach with a volleyball team or something tamer as that till you have locked this one.

If I understood correctly, you want your dream come true, and are going to use the car achieving it. Please do note, that people all around the globe is reading this, and it would be highly damaging to the egos of many, if you were to state that if has come true. As an expert of the female mind, I have to say that cancel your order and just print out a bank statement, it won't hit sixty as fast as an M4, but it will work better with the ladies who have problem with keeping their clothes on.

Before someone bans me because of this post, let me just use the only appropriate excuse I have, which is that this was written before coffee. Sorry.

Last edited by Lups; 04-25-2014 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #156
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Interresting to see that one out three F8X will be white
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #157
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Ake is a mean man who enjoys torturing people with endless reminders of lessons forgotten
Oh my god... did I really make it to a picture that bad in your mind?
I'm really hard trying to be polite and supportive all over - maybe my heritage screwed me up
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #158
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post
Oh my god... did I really make it to a picture that bad in your mind?
I'm really hard trying to be polite and supportive all over - maybe my heritage screwed me up
Nope, it's the fact that you are polite, that messes with my head! See, my old German teacher was also polite, and then I got an F for and I quote: "The worst grammar ever used by a person with a head still attached to the body". WEll, I do admit, it wasn't perfect, but the criticism will never go away from my head!

The same woman taught me English, so you can see I did not learn a thing from my mistakes. One always got an F for Off topic's too, so as proven in the last 600 posts, I'm utterly hopeless.

Last edited by Lups; 04-25-2014 at 11:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #159
Ducfan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Crap...now it's my turn

I have had quite a daily laugh following all of the color indecision.....recognizing I was largely on the fence as well but not so worried....'cause of course I make big decision by the minute everyday day....

Got the email from my SA today: "I need your color choice"

Instant panic

Luckily I'm down to
SO
AY
AW
MW
SB
MG
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #160
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducfan View Post

Instant panic

Luckily I'm down to
SO
AY
AW
MW
SB
MG
You forgot CL.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #161
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Okay, just got samples from the dealer. Think I'm changing to Silverstone with Sakhir Orange. Here is an iPhone photo in cloudy light - leather is actually a little oranger than this shows on my monitor. I will take better photos this weekend.
Attached Images

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #162
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
2. Move out of LA.
That would solve many problems, such as choice of colors. In L.A. the problem is not the color but the car. There are more BMWs in L.A. than Toyotas in Tokyo.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #163
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Okay, just got samples from the dealer. Think I'm changing to Silverstone with Sakhir Orange. Here is an iPhone photo in cloudy light - leather is actually a little oranger than this shows on my monitor. I will take better photos this weekend.
How true to life are these colors?

And are those droplets tears of joy?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #164
Lups
Rep

Quote:
I have had quite a daily laugh following all of the color indecision.....recognizing I was largely on the fence as well but not so worried....'cause of course I make big decision by the minute everyday day....

Instant panic

Luckily I'm down to
SO
AY
AW
MW
SB
MG
Welcome to the land of mortals. Enjoy your stay, I sure as hell didn't.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #165
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Silverstone/Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxmagnum View Post
How true to life are these colors?

And are those droplets tears of joy?
No, Oregon mist. I can get better photos with my DSLR this weekend and will repost. The red has more orange in it (but is still fairly red). Stay tuned. I do like the combo, though.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #166
maxxxmagnum
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No, Oregon mist. I can get better photos with my DSLR this weekend and will repost. The red has more orange in it (but is still fairly red). Stay tuned. I do like the combo, though.
Is it the color of one of these rubber object? Because if so, I won't be able to un-see it and it will ruin the SO leather for me for good.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #167
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Or is more along the ways of whoopee cushion red?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #168
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbark View Post
Or is more along the ways of whoopee cushion red?
No Quite a bit richer.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #169
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep

Garage List
A29 Silverstone Metallic & LKDA/X3DA Sakhir Orange Merino

Here are photos taken in partial sun and full sun (DSLR & macro lens). Colors look close on my monitor, but your results may vary.

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #170
Ducfan
Private
Rep

Made my decision last night for SO - slept great. Then today bringing my kids to their Saturday morning sports stuff I swear I saw a dozen orangish cars that I hate .....dodges, Nissans and some I don't really know for sure.

I'm lucky in that I live in an area where there are not many new M3s so I don't worry about having the same car as anyone else.....but somehow I feel strange about having a different color that is not really different..

AW really is the best color on this car but it's what I have now and I want something different.

I think I want to go to AY.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #171
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Made my decision last night for SO - slept great. Then today bringing my kids to their Saturday morning sports stuff I swear I saw a dozen orangish cars that I hate .....dodges, Nissans and some I don't really know for sure.

I'm lucky in that I live in an area where there are not many new M3s so I don't worry about having the same car as anyone else.....but somehow I feel strange about having a different color that is not really different..

AW really is the best color on this car but it's what I have now and I want something different.

I think I want to go to AY.
welcome to the hornets then.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #172
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Don't know about you guys, but I think the 'burnt' orange Nissan GTR is one sexy beast. I did see a Challenger with an orange job today downtown and was not happy with that same train of thought you were having Duc... though I feel as though the SO isn't nearly as orange, so much as reddish orange, or reddish, or not, all depending on the lighting. I think that's what throws me off with it personally.

If I had a bigger set on me, I'd probably go with the SO exterior just to stand out, but then again I'd probably be more likely to go the hornet route if I were to change... ultimately much more likely to just stick it out with BSM as it sits on the order right now, and be as bold as I can with the SO interior.

If you slept great with the color selection you had originally, and it'd been on your mind for some time, maybe just roll with it. But I think that no matter what you decide it's going to be fantastic.

That last line is kind of a cop-out though on my part, so maybe you should just do as Lups says and join the swarm
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #173
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMrMark View Post
Don't know about you guys, but I think the 'burnt' orange Nissan GTR is one sexy beast. I did see a Challenger with an orange job today downtown and was not happy with that same train of thought you were having Duc... though I feel as though the SO isn't nearly as orange, so much as reddish orange, or reddish, or not, all depending on the lighting. I think that's what throws me off with it personally.

If I had a bigger set on me, I'd probably go with the SO exterior just to stand out, but then again I'd probably be more likely to go the hornet route if I were to change... ultimately much more likely to just stick it out with BSM as it sits on the order right now, and be as bold as I can with the SO interior.

If you slept great with the color selection you had originally, and it'd been on your mind for some time, maybe just roll with it. But I think that no matter what you decide it's going to be fantastic.

That last line is kind of a cop-out though on my part, so maybe you should just do as Lups says and join the swarm
Hey hey HEY! Not nice to make things easier to others, I ruined this whole forum while obsessing about colors, let me now enjoy the indecision of others! The real despair is just on it's way with him, so let's just wait and see!
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #174
Ducfan
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMrMark View Post

I would also like BSM on SO even though black is a pretty common color....it's opposite of my current white. And since I can't get the CF roof anyway because I need roof rack....no loss of contrast as with other colors. Do you think SO or AY is louder?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #175
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

Quote:
Me too!!

Gave my order to my dealer today for their first M4 allocation. Whoop!

Can we get Ralph & Chuck to do a set of new RAC's?

If my M5 was not SO that's what I would be getting.....
23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB

Last edited by Bokke; 04-26-2014 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #176
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
I would also like BSM on SO even though black is a pretty common color....it's opposite of my current white. And since I can't get the CF roof anyway because I need roof rack....no loss of contrast as with other colors. Do you think SO or AY is louder?
ahhh the roof rack, good point. humm that's tough. To me, SO is really hard to judge. I wish I had been able to see it in person as I think some others here have. I've been going back and forth between the photo threads in another tab for days.

In the "Official SO Thread" - that first picture, I think it looks fantastic. When I saw that, I nearly sent off an email to switch the order over. But then I kept looking and saw the variations. In a lot of the pictures, that color looks absolutely unbeatable to me - drop dead amazing. In some of them though, it looks like the lighting hits it a little too orange, so I lose my nerve a bit. I seem to remember a pic (I think of the concept at pebble beach?) that was a deep red... I don't know if that was ever confirmed to actually be SO, or if that is some color option as of yet unavailable... but man, it was solid.

AY though, as many say and I echo, it's growing on me a lot. It definitely feels like it's the iconic color at this point, something people will see and recognize right away. Good or bad recognition, well, everyone is going to have their own opinions. For me though, the AY loses something without the CF. That's just me though.

No perfect answer with any of these... as I now go back through the photo threads for the millionth time haha.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread