GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

View Poll Results: What color would you order (multiple choices allowed)?
300 – Alpine White 162 18.97%
B39 – Mineral Grey Metallic 131 15.34%
475 – Black Sapphire Metallic 102 11.94%
B50 – Sakhir Orange Metallic 131 15.34%
A29 – Silverstone Metallic 87 10.19%
B67 – Austin Yellow Metallic 104 12.18%
A96 – Mineral White Metallic 103 12.06%
B68 – Yas Marina Blue Metallic 151 17.68%
Other. Please specify (provide picture, if possible) 65 7.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 854. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

04-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #177
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Hey hey HEY! Not nice to make things easier to others, I ruined this whole forum while obsessing about colors, let me now enjoy the indecision of others! The real despair is just on it's way with him, so let's just wait and see!
should we just start collecting our tears for you in a jar or something?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:06 PM   #178
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Hey Bokke, what are your thoughts of SO coming from your M5? Any regrets with it or did it hold a nice bold spot every time you saw it?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #179
Bokke
Major
Rep
Drives: E90M3/991.2GT3/G82M4CSL/9YOTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMrMark View Post
Hey Bokke, what are your thoughts of SO coming from your M5? Any regrets with it or did it hold a nice bold spot every time you saw it?
It's an awesome color and is getting unfairly bashed! I was fortunate to see it at the performance center on a mule and ordered it and have not looked back. It can look very orange and also red, it all depends on the light.

Ordering it sight unseen would be difficult, and I get that.

Like I said, I just don't want two cars in the same color, so going back to SSII as on my E90 M3!
23 G82 ///M4CSL | AW | Race Buckets |
24 9YO Cayenne TGT | QGM| Burgundy | Neodyne / PCCB

Last edited by Bokke; 04-26-2014 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:21 PM   #180
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

I think you shouldn't choose a color for your car that you wouldn't wear. That eliminates periwinkle, mustard, burnt orange and light teal for me. Black doesn't work well with these cars and I am coming from one already. I would pick gray, but mineral gray is to dark of a hue for me. I would nave preferred slate gray or gunmetal. That leaves white and MW looks better than AW from what I've seen. That said, this will be my first white car.
      04-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #181
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke View Post
It's an awesome color and is getting unfairly bashed! I was fortunate to see it at the performance center on a mule and ordered it and have not looked back. It can look very orange and also red, it all depends on the light.

Ordering it sight unseen would be difficult, and I get that.

Like I said, I just don't want two cars in the same color, so going back to SSII as on my E90 M3!
I was afraid you would say that! My SA is going to kill me. Lups, back to the drawing board for me; here, have some of my tears.

but seriously, thanks for the input Bokke. I had a feeling it came down to lighting (and even camera/angle). I have some thinking to do tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #182
IMrMark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [9.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4TW View Post
I think you shouldn't choose a color for your car that you wouldn't wear. That eliminates periwinkle, mustard, burnt orange and light teal for me. Black doesn't work well with these cars and I am coming from one already. I would pick gray, but mineral gray is to dark of a hue for me. I would nave preferred slate gray or gunmetal. That leaves white and MW looks better than AW from what I've seen. That said, this will be my first white car.
humm interesting thoughts. What makes you dislike the black, is it just the maintenance to keep it looking nice day by day, or is it more about how body lines get softened/hidden?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #183
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
should we just start collecting our tears for you in a jar or something?
Yes. Great idea, I will sell them on ebay to divorcing women for woodoo purposes, and I can spend my days instead of bothering you, feeding their bitterness.

As the male version of this business idea is needed, I'll just snap photos of that woman driving her Maserati. That thing makes even me sad, bitter and envious.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2014, 11:15 PM   #184
Ducfan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
You should be able to find an M5 or M6 in SO to look at. I have seen the color in person and it is fantastic. As well I was at the Rolex 24 this year and there was an AY M4 there. Both of these colors are stunning and to me end up looking very complex in a good way. The color changes with light showing the surfaces of the car in a way that the other colors do not. And to me neither look in pictures as they did in person. I suspect YMB is similar.

You can not go wrong with white, black, silver or gray...these are the classics.

Orange is a very fashionable color right now. SO is BMWs execution of orange and I think it blows all other's away.

Light blue is also fashionable, maybe more edgy than orange....I have a hunch after seeing more I would say BMW nailed it with YMB

AY is the most out there color, I suspect BMW think the color on the earliest part of the adoption curve and why it's the primary launch color for the new car. They kinda tried it already with Phoenix yellow.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #185
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducfan View Post
You should be able to find an M5 or M6 in SO to look at. I have seen the color in person and it is fantastic. As well I was at the Rolex 24 this year and there was an AY M4 there. Both of these colors are stunning and to me end up looking very complex in a good way. The color changes with light showing the surfaces of the car in a way that the other colors do not. And to me neither look in pictures as they did in person. I suspect YMB is similar.

You can not go wrong with white, black, silver or gray...these are the classics.

Orange is a very fashionable color right now. SO is BMWs execution of orange and I think it blows all other's away.

Light blue is also fashionable, maybe more edgy than orange....I have a hunch after seeing more I would say BMW nailed it with YMB

AY is the most out there color, I suspect BMW think the color on the earliest part of the adoption curve and why it's the primary launch color for the new car. They kinda tried it already with Phoenix yellow.
hmm. I'm quite conservative (some ways), and I think from the out there list the AY is the most domesticated one. Even a house wife can do that. YMB takes more balls since it's really boyish, but only a man can pull it off. The SO demands a restraint and a cool personality to work trough the not red paint, and I have been looking at the parking lots people who in my mind (twisted and weird mind of mine) could pull it off, and that list is not long. When done correctly, it will take the price as the most memorable of all.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:27 PM   #186
M4TW
///M Uber Alles
Canada
Rep
Drives: '15 MW M4

Quote:
humm interesting thoughts. What makes you dislike the black, is it just the maintenance to keep it looking nice day by day, or is it more about how body lines get softened/hidden?
In fairness, due to BMW having elected to showcase YMB and AYB at auto shows, I haven't seen a BSM in the flesh. The rare photos of it at shows reveal it as blacking over some of the styling lines of the designs and concealing its distinctive CF roof.

That said, out of the studio lights and into the sun, I'm willing to bet that the lines will come alive and enough contrast with the CF roof would arise to make it a noticeable yet subtle feature. It was mainly moving out of black that would be the biggest reason for me passing on this colour. No complaints about owning black. - the color rewards an attentive owner by looking great.

Just time for a change. So I went with the Oreo Cookie Combo.

Mmmmm .... Cookie!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #187
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducfan View Post

Pick my poison - AY or SO. Which do you like best for an M4, having seen both colors? Thanks for chiming in. I need to pick a color by Tuesday. It's tough having not seen either one.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #188
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
Pick my poison - AY or SO. Which do you like best for an M4, having seen both colors? Thanks for chiming in. I need to pick a color by Tuesday. It's tough having not seen either one.
I have seen the AY on an M3, and the SO on an M5. I think Ay has magic, but in more subtle way, and the SO is more difficult. It's more brown orange in a sunshine.

Last edited by Lups; 04-27-2014 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: sorry, i got russelized.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #189
Audio Fan
Major
Rep

Quote:
I have seen the AY on an M3, and the SO on an M1. I think Ay has magic, but in more subtle way, and the SO is more difficult. It's more brown orange in a sunshine.
Have you seen AY outside and in person? I like the photos and want to like the real deal. But, some of those M6 SO pics look pretty awesome. I may trek over to the perf driving center in SC and check SO on their M5s. I heard that they may have an M4, but don't know what color. I'm going to try and find out Monday.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:43 PM   #190
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Have you seen AY outside and in person? I like the photos and want to like the real deal. But, some of those M6 SO pics look pretty awesome. I may trek over to the perf driving center in SC and check SO on their M5s. I heard that they may have an M4, but don't know what color. I'm going to try and find out Monday.
No, not outside, but it was a well lid space. Okay, sun always takes the cake, but it was beautiful. Unfortunately I have to say, that that's the color for the four, the M3 is to die for in the YMB.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #191
Audio Fan
Major
Rep

Who knew that picking between a hornet and a pumpkin would be so hard.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:54 PM   #192
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Who knew that picking between a hornet and a pumpkin would be so hard.
I do. Hell, this used to be respectful and only on the point forum, and then I started to show up. The trip to Vancouver and after that I spent 450 posts going on and on about this. It was hell. I'm certain, this has been the first time in my life that I have cared about anything this superficial, I'm a person who told the spouse there will never be a wedding, if it's not just the paper work in jeans in the local magistrate.

I even went so far, that the hubby got to decide the color, since I just didn't care. And then something went wrong, and I have never been this girly in my life! It's so embarrassing as an adult to flip like that, but just give in like I did. After this, we can all have a salon day or something together, just to celebrate our newly found respect for the female way of handling things, which is so damn difficult, I no longer wonder why I avoided it for all this time.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #193
Chuck W.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '95 Porsche 993 Cab

Quote:
and the SO on an M1
I am pretty sure that the M1 are Valencia Orange.
2001 Toyota Tundra SR5 Ext Cab - Hay Hauler
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 12:05 AM   #194
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
No, that was a russell destroying my concentration. I was on five, but writing two thing at the same time just screws the the head. sorry.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #195
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
I have to concentrate to use this language at all while writing, and a farting dog doesn't help. I mix and mess up in the most simple things when something weird happens in the middle of a sentence. srry again, and in the future, just read the russell, my ego is fragile.

Now, back to the M1 on an other place-->
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:36 AM   #196
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
If I order....

Florida is too hot for the hornet look so I decided to brighten Austin Yellow up a little. My goal would be euro delivery, visit Bitburg, and Denmark June 2015 on my birthday. In the mean time I am trying to ignore the 2015 Z06.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 01:43 AM   #197
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannys M3 View Post
Florida is too hot for the hornet look so I decided to brighten Austin Yellow up a little. My goal would be euro delivery, visit Bitburg, and Denmark June 2015 on my birthday. In the mean time I am trying to ignore the 2015 Z06.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUH!! You will burn in hell. the wheels I agree are wrong, but I have to spend a shit load of money for the real ones i want to get them, but they as sure as a Hornet, will be black.

Hey, if you're playing in the north then, let's do a field trip of strangers (they are the best, I happen to be an expert of those) and kidnap Velon, and go to austria. That's just the place to go.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #198
Ducfan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Pick yours?.....ok then you pick mine. Really the AY M4 was a show stopper. BMW parked it right by the winners circle at Daytona and folks were taking pictures all day long.

My 911 is a strange "red" it's called Peru Red and most would say its a burnt orange or even brown. But no one mistakes it for a run of the mill color, it always gets attention and I think has tons of character. Even though it is not metallic it changes with light a bunch and just like many of these colors...tough to capture in a photo. But if I go with SO then I own two orange cars.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread