European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-24-2018, 01:50 PM   #661
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekca View Post
Yeah that is what they said. I thought the same thing at first, but then again maybe they misunderstood the question.
You don't need to ask BMW if your girlfriend can drive the car. The only ones that matter would be the insurance company and even may not matter. If you are living together, your insurance company may need to know.

The isn't any reason for her to be on the lease. Many married couples have only one name on the lease and both drive the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #662
Greekca
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

So, I dug out my lease and this is what it says regarding who is permitted to operate the car. This is a California lease signed in March 2016.

"Section 21. Vehicle Use.

I agree not to use (or permit others to use) the Vehicle: (a) in any way that violates the law or the terms of my insurance policy or this Lease; (b) to transport goods or people for hire, lease or rental to others; (c) outside the state where it was first titled for more than 30 days without your prior written consent; or (d) outside the United States, except for less than 30 days in Canada. I will not allow an uninsured person to operate the Vehicle at any time, or allow any third party, other than my spouse, to operate the Vehicle without written permission from you. I will not physically change the Vehicle's body or interior in any way unless I first get your written consent."

To me, that sounded like to have someone other than your spouse operate the car you called BMW and went through some process to get written permission from them. I was expecting something like a credit check and insurance verification.

Going to call again and explain a different way and see if I get a different response.

Edit: I called again and received a similar response. To add a non-spousal driver to the lease you have to go through the assumption process to essentially add the other person to the lease as a co-signor. Important to go over the reason for the assumption with BMW prior to starting the process to make sure it isn't processed as a typical assumption process where the other person would be assuming the entire lease. Same fees apply sadly.

Last edited by Greekca; 03-26-2018 at 03:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #663
boi222
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3m competition

Quote:
So, I dug out my lease and this is what it says regarding who is permitted to operate the car. This is a California lease signed in March 2016.

I agree not to use (or permit others to use) the Vehicle: (a) in any way that violates the law or the terms of my insurance policy or this Lease; (b) to transport goods or people for hire, lease or rental to others; (c) outside the state where it was first titled for more than 30 days without your prior written consent; or (d) outside the United States, except for less than 30 days in Canada. I will not allow an uninsured person to operate the Vehicle at any time, or allow any third party, other than my spouse, to operate the Vehicle without written permission from you. I will not physically change the Vehicle's body or interior in any way unless I first get your written consent."

To me, that sounded like to have someone other than your spouse operate the car you called BMW and went through some process to get written permission from them. I was expecting something like a credit check and insurance verification.

Going to call again and explain a different way and see if I get a different response.

Edit: I called again and received a similar response. To add a non-spousal driver to the lease you have to go through the assumption process to essentially add the other person to the lease as a co-signor. Important to go over the reason for the assumption with BMW prior to starting the process to make sure it isn't processed as a typical assumption process where the other person would be assuming the entire lease. Same fees apply sadly.
Your insurance should cover whoever drives the car that is insured .. at least in NY ... I know I wrecked my dads car when I was younger and I was not on the policy and insurance covered it
'12 M3 coupe
'09 335xi coupe
'07 328xi coupe
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2018, 09:51 PM   #664
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:

To me this goes under the heading "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission."

Not that it couldn't happen, but I've never heard of anyone having issues with a leased car because a non spouse drove it. Think about it. BMW service people, valets, car wash attendants all would drive the car on occasion. You not calling BMW to get permission then. I really don't think it's an issue unless your GF is not listed on your policy and has no auto insurance. How would BMW even know or care? Now you may have gotten yourself in a bad position by calling them multiple times. You specifically could have an issue, but even then it would have to be a weirdly specific incident where BMW would care.

The rule looks to try and prevent someone from qualifying for a lease and then giving the car to a third party to use all the time as their personal car.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 02:23 AM   #665
818M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Geo Metro

Does anyone know how to figure out invoice prices? I remember seeing a link somewhere in this sticky but I can't seem to find it at the moment. BTW this is a very useful resource when it comes to leasing so I appreciate everyone who contributes!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:40 AM   #666
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 818M3 View Post
Does anyone know how to figure out invoice prices? I remember seeing a link somewhere in this sticky but I can't seem to find it at the moment. BTW this is a very useful resource when it comes to leasing so I appreciate everyone who contributes!
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411143
Appreciate 1
818M3329.50
      10-14-2018, 11:16 AM   #667
IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Does anyone know how long the BMW $500 lease credit approval application is good for? Is it good for just the one car even if that transfer is canceled? I'm wondering if it could be good towards another car within 30 days?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #668
mrmoua2u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP

Plan to lease but need help if this is a good price, any opinions? 18 SO ZCP DCT
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #669
smashgordon123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3 & mclaren 570s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoua2u View Post
Plan to lease but need help if this is a good price, any opinions? 18 SO ZCP DCT

Seems spot on..

another member recommended the LEASEMATIC iphone app that another member on this forum actually created.

works great and gives you a way to double check.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #670
bzou
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

If I custom order a M4. After I filled out the financial app online, is there typically a document I get or sign with dealer in writing with the terms of the lease we agreed upon?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:20 PM   #671
Ak31rr
Rep
Drives: Black Sedan

I had a few questions on a new 2020 BMW M4 Lease
I am located in central florida and lurked the forums from time to time
I have a build code and ready to play.
Called a tampa dealership who gave me a msrp of 90K and was "willing" to knock of about 2%+ or 5K from the msrp. I stated i would call back before we go to specifics because this seemed low based on what deals everyone else is getting on the forms.

How are ppl getting 10-15% knocked off msrp on brand new builds ???
Please guide me. I am willing to call other dealers out of state just need to know where to start.

Last edited by Ak31rr; 03-16-2019 at 04:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 05:50 PM   #672
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzou View Post
If I custom order a M4. After I filled out the financial app online, is there typically a document I get or sign with dealer in writing with the terms of the lease we agreed upon?

a little bit of a grey area here because of the SO color. Since car will be SO, it will take an extra 4-5 weeks building time, so by then your application may expire. You can get a renewal, not a big deal. Your "terms" can change, but your selling cost is what's suppose to stay the same. I know and understand this because i just placed a SO car about two weeks ago. Won't be ready until June, and application will expire end of April.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 05:52 PM   #673
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak31rr View Post
Called a tampa dealership who gave me a msrp of 90K and was "willing" to knock of about 2%+ or 5K from the msrp. I stated i would call back before we go to specifics because this seemed low based on what deals everyone else is getting on the forms.

Please guide me. I am willing to call other dealers out of state just need to know where to start.

Just email different dealers, be up front, tell them you want to know cap cost, MF, resiudal, etc. You will quickly see who is playing games, and who is aggressive and ready to sell a car.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #674
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak31rr View Post

First, take what you read here with a grain of salt. When you read that someone got "10-15% before incentives", those are often unique scenarios and not something you can expect dealerships to hand out even with long negotiations. Unless it's a demo, old stock (model year or generation) or you are a current BMW owner with issues with your car, no dealership will willingly sell you a vehicle at a loss. Period. On average, the markup is 7-7.2% on MSRP. So it's extremely far-fetched for someone to receive at 10-15% discount.

What is more likely is that the 10-15% discount includes BMW incentives but doesn't disclose it on the forum for whatever reason because I guess it's a thing to to boast about how much discount you got. I don't know.

Second, always have your information and calculations on hand and make sure it's accurate! It is not enough for you to walk into a dealership and ask for a discount because you read that someone else got it. You will get further if you are able to minimize the amount of questions the salesperson could rebuttal with. Is it the same model year? Same color? Same packages? Incentives/credits the same month/month?

Not every dealership will be willing to give what you are asking for but if you are able to lay everything on the table where you do not give sales people any room to wiggle or maneuver around what you are asking for , you will get at least one dealership to bite.

As for MY2020 builds, I would be extremely surprised if someone did get 10-15% off with no BMW assist on a regular deal. Perhaps the U.S. is a bit different but as far as I know, BMW rarely has any sort of credits on new MY vehicles aside from Loyalty which is always available. Unless you're in California where competition is intense, I don't see any dealership willingly giving up all their gross on a new MY vehicle when they're not fully in stock yet.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 03-24-2019 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 1