Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

11-17-2021, 04:09 PM   #1
downshiftapex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Need your advice - Good deal or not?

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm finally in the position where I can purchase my dream car in the exact spec that I have been in search of. My intent here is to own the car for 2-3 years and then sell/trade-in for a used G8x m3/m4 with x-drive.

My concerns are the following:
- Its not a 2016 but not sure if that truly matters.
- Does not have M adaptive suspension (do I need this?).
- It would be the first RWD car I own living in the Northeast.
- Watched some reviews of people buying stripper m4s pre-pandemic for under $39k. I know that this isn't a stripper m4 but is this priced fairly given the market?
- I haven't test driven the m4 as its out of state with Carvana nor are there any dealerships local to me in CT that have one that I can test drive.

Here are the specs:
- 2015 with clean carfax
- YMB with SO interior
- $47,990
- 43,701 miles
- 1 owner who drove less than 7k miles a year
- Only 3 minor imperfections (paint chips that are small)
- Executive Package
- 19" inch rims
- Carbon fiber roof
- H&K sound system
- DCT

The other option I have is a 2016 b8 s4 (supercharged engine) for $34k with 62k miles. This car is stage 2+ and is throwing down 500hp+. Clean carfax and always serviced at an Audi dealer. The benefit to this deal is that it would put me in an even better position to own a G8x m3/m4 with xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
M3ntal_F80
New M3 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Little confused about the post. What is your dream car? Is it the M4 you're considering or the G8X you plan to buy in the future? If it's the M4, why would you only keep it for a few years if it's your dream car? I'm not a fan of the G8X and not really all that hard up on the xdrive, but to each their own.

I think you kind of already answered your own question by stating that the S4 will put you in better position to own the G8X. If that is your end goal, then why not go with what gives you the better position to get it? Also, do you have to purchase a car right now if your end goal is a completely different platform in a few years? Wouldn't the best choice be to just continue saving the money you have now or even better, invest your money and potentially get yourself into the G8X quicker than you originally plan?
Appreciate 0