Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-30-2021, 06:49 PM   #1
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp, X5M Comp

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
BBS Fi-R 20" on f83

Hey fellas,

Just bought a set of BBS FI-R in 20s
Here is the size and offsets
20x9.5 et 22 20x10.5 et 35

The offsets are pretty bad unfortunately, would like a more aggressive look. I haven't gotten them yet but wanted to see if anyone is running them in 20s and if you're using a spacer for that flush even slight poke look. I'm currently lowered on HR Sport springs.

And yes trust me I know spending that much money for a wheel to use spacers is just dumb but it is what it is, blame BBS.

Any help is appreciated !
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
THEROK
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Genesis GV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_insainity View Post
Hey fellas,

The offsets are pretty bad unfortunately, would like a more aggressive look. I haven't gotten them yet but wanted to see if anyone is running them in 20s and if you're using a spacer for that flush even slight poke look. I'm currently lowered on HR Sport springs.

And yes trust me I know spending that much money for a wheel to use spacers is just dumb but it is what it is, blame BBS.

The only thing pretty bad here is this poke look you're after. BBS nailed the specs dead.
      11-30-2021, 06:58 PM   #3
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Quote:
Hey fellas,

The only thing pretty bad here is this poke look you're after. BBS nailed the specs dead.
I'm actually really just trying to get it as flush as possible bro
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:01 PM   #4
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Why not just get HRE R101LW in custom offsets instead? :
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:08 PM   #5
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SNAILS View Post
Why not just get HRE R101LW in custom offsets instead? :
I got the bbs for a great deal brand new and just went with it
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 02:02 AM   #6
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

I have the CI-Rs in 19" (25 and 35ET) and you can flush yours with a 3mm front spacer and a 3-5mm rear. It depends on the tires and how wide they run. Nice thing on 3mm is stock lugs still fit right.

If you like the lowered look then go without spacers, or a 3mm up front only to clear springs if needed.

My tires are 265 front and 305 rear on the BBS.
      12-01-2021, 03:26 PM   #7
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Quote:
Hey fellas,

How do you know the offsets are pretty bad if you A) don't have them yet and B) haven't even mounted them? FFS man get some spacers if you want them to poke but even then you won't be able to lower you car because they will rub.

And as far as I know those are the ONLY offsets FI-Rs come in for F8x cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 03:34 PM   #8
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
I have the CI-Rs in 19" (25 and 35ET) and you can flush yours with a 3mm front spacer and a 3-5mm rear. It depends on the tires and how wide they run. Nice thing on 3mm is stock lugs still fit right.

If you like the lowered look then go without spacers, or a 3mm up front only to clear springs if needed.

Quote:

I was planning on running mp4s in 265 f and 295 rear, I think I'll mount them first and see if I need spacers or not.

I was currently running 15mm spacers on my 666m and even then the rears weren't flush so just wanted to make sure I had the correct spacers spec if I decided to go that route. But thank you bud I appreciate your help!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 03:35 PM   #9
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
Quote:
Hey fellas,

How do you know the offsets are pretty bad if you A) don't have them yet and B) haven't even mounted them? FFS man get some spacers if you want them to poke but even then you won't be able to lower you car because they will rub.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
Quote:
Hey fellas,

Bro it's a legit simple question I just wanted to have everything for when I put them on. Idk what crawled out of your ass to be so hurt by a simple question lmao
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 03:40 PM   #10
dms-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

My man, you ask a question about a wheel on a platform which has been done a million times over. Specifically complaining about the offsets of FI-Rs which are by far and away some of the most popular wheels for these cars. Its like the majority of F8x owners have a positive opinion on them and yours is the exact opposite. Its weird man.

To each their own, poke them out if you want...go wild.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #11
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

More or less of this? Cuz, dis too much, imo.

Quote:
I was planning on running mp4s in 265 f and 295 rear, I think I'll mount them first and see if I need spacers or not.

I was currently running 15mm spacers on my 666m and even then the rears weren't flush so just wanted to make sure I had the correct spacers spec if I decided to go that route. But thank you bud I appreciate your help!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 04:02 PM   #12
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
FI-Rs on the F8x cars are specifically set by BBS to be optimal. BBS knows what they are doing way more than you, believe me. The only reason why you don't like it is because certain owners believes having your tires stretched to the edge is better, and it isn't.

It is clear you want a different look if it bothers you that it doesn't "sit flush". Did you even align your car after? Either put spacers on, or get HRE's and push more aggressive offset that would only make it so your tires are literally edging your wheels, which I have seen plenty of times already. Which also doesn't mean anything because your tires won't be any bigger than the ones you currently have, so it is pointless on that front.

There is no reason to push your wheels and tires out exactly to the edge of your car. All that does is for looks. 666m w/ 15 spaces are extremely far out, I have no clue what type of look you are looking for but you will destroy your wheel arc area doing so.

Try 2 to 5 mm spacers then align your car.

Last edited by Arcades; 12-01-2021 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 04:16 PM   #13
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
More or less of this? Cuz, dis too much, imo.

Quote:

The picture shown is actually more out than mine is, mine is still well within the arch of the fender.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #14
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
FI-Rs on the F8x cars are specifically set by BBS to be optimal. BBS knows what they are doing way more than you, believe me. The only reason why you don't like it is because certain owners believes having your tires stretched to the edge is better, and it isn't.

It is clear you want a different look if it bothers you that it doesn't "sit flush". Did you even align your car after? Either put spacers on, or get HRE's and push more aggressive offset that would only make it so your tires are literally edging your wheels, which I have seen plenty of times already. Which also doesn't mean anything because your tires won't be any bigger than the ones you currently have, so it is pointless on that front.

There is no reason to push your wheels and tires out exactly to the edge of your car. All that does is for looks. 666m w/ 15 spaces are extremely far out, I have no clue what type of look you are looking for but you will destroy your wheel arc area doing so.

Try 2 to 5 mm spacers then align your car.
I got my alignment done all at the same time when I lowered the car,

I think I might have just jumped the gun and thought Ill need spacers I'll just wait until I put them on and see for myself.

I realize I may have come off a little strong and for that I apologize, it's my first car I've ever modified anything on and just want it to be perfect.

I'll take all of this into consideration. Thank you gents
Appreciate 1
ptper589.00
      12-01-2021, 07:02 PM   #15
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

These are 265/35 and 305/30 RE-71R on my 19" with MP-HAS in there, no spacers at all. Philly roads suck so I need a little clearance. If I wanted to go lower all I need are the 3mms on the fronts since those tires have very squared shoulders (would scrape inside on HAS spanner nuts), the rears clear fine outright. I think you're just used to the spacer problem from the factory wheels, but BBS stock offsets are pretty darn good as-is. If you need the 3mms then Kies has them.
Attached Images

12-01-2021, 09:10 PM   #16
Eurosonly
car addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

Quote:
Hey fellas,

any chance you can send me the link to your lowering springs you got?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:09 PM   #17
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
These are 265/35 and 305/30 RE-71R on my 19" with MP-HAS in there, no spacers at all. Philly roads suck so I need a little clearance. If I wanted to go lower all I need are the 3mms on the fronts since those tires have very squared shoulders (would scrape inside on HAS spanner nuts), the rears clear fine outright. I think you're just used to the spacer problem from the factory wheels, but BBS stock offsets are pretty darn good as-is. If you need the 3mms then Kies has them.
I'm in the same boat brother north jersey, roads are all shit here as well! But that actually looks awesome! I think when I tried to mentally image the car in my head it looked completely different. Car and wheels look great! Thank you again for your help! I really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 10:11 PM   #18
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurosonly View Post
Quote:
Hey fellas,

any chance you can send me the link to your lowering springs you got?
Sure bro here you go

https://www.urotuning.com/products/h...14226763186231

That's for the f83 convertible, if you have an f80/82 choose it accordingly. Also dw about the sale I think that's the normal price tbh I paid the same thing it's listed there and it wasn't on sale then lol
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 10:28 AM   #19
Street_insainity
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2017 bmw m4  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey fellas,

Just a pic of my old set of wheels before I threw my 666m back on. No spacers but this is the kind of fitment I was aiming for
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #20
Eurosonly
car addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

Quote:
Sure bro here you go

https://www.urotuning.com/products/h...14226763186231

That's for the f83 convertible, if you have an f80/82 choose it accordingly. Also dw about the sale I think that's the normal price tbh I paid the same thing it's listed there and it wasn't on sale then lol
Thanks homie I didn't know what springs to go with on my f83 think im going to try these out!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 04:14 PM   #21
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
I got my alignment done all at the same time when I lowered the car,

I think I might have just jumped the gun and thought Ill need spacers I'll just wait until I put them on and see for myself.

I realize I may have come off a little strong and for that I apologize, it's my first car I've ever modified anything on and just want it to be perfect.

I'll take all of this into consideration. Thank you gents
That's fine. No harm done.

You can do minimal spacers if you really do want the wheels to be further out but I personally don't recommend it because it isn't necessary.

You can try 3mm spacers and dial in some negative camber. That should more or less do it.

I only done negative camber when I had my F80 on BBS. 20"s reduces the amount of things you can do, unlike 19"s
      12-05-2021, 10:27 AM   #22
Pworld10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82

I have 20” fi-r
On 265/285 30 sport cup 2.
-2.5 camber on the front
-2.1 camber on the rear.
It’s pretty flush. I can go 5mm spacer on the front but I lose some functionality.

Right now I can do full lock u turns and no rubbing at all. I’m lowered down to the top of the tire front, and almost down to the “Michelin” rear. To get the even look.

If I had PS4S I would probably get spacers to fill it out more.
Appreciate 0