Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-13-2015, 05:21 PM   #89
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecurryman View Post
Quick question:
So i understand thay putting cash down is a bad idea to lower monthly because if you total the car you lose the cash put down. But what about paying sales tax upfront? Does this have the same stipulation that if you were to roll the tax into your monthly (like most people) but you total the car halfway through your lease, you are not required to pay the rest of the taxed amount regardless of gap insurance? Or do you have to pay full tax regardless of it being totalled or not?
Not sure about this one as I live in PA and the monthly payment is taxed. It wouldn't make sense to prepay the tax as it wouldn't save money and you would lose money if it was totaled or swapped before lease end.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 05:25 PM   #90
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzsgti View Post
Has anyone experienced this or have been charged for this? I know snow tires is mentioned on one of the documents.
I have seen posts by members stating they were charged for bringing back cars with non runflats when runflats were the OEM tire. If you searched, you could probably find the exact posts.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #91
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #92
M4LF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
So the smaller the number the better.
ONE IMPORTANT MONEY FACTOR NOTE IS IF YOU ARE BUYING THE CAR VIA EUROPEAN DELIVERY, BMWFS AUTOMATICALLY ADDS 0.0003 TO THE BASE MONEY RATE. IN EXCHANGE THEY PAY ONE MONTHS PAYMENT WHILE THE CAR IS IN TRANSPORT. ITS A LOSING EQUATION FOR THE BUYER AS THE INTEREST RATE SURPASSES THE 1 MONTH PAYMENT.
Thanks this is an awesome post thanks!

One question about leasing with ED. Looks like the extra interest is almost 1.5 month's worth of payment. But BMW only gives back one payment. Since you're only leasing for 36 months, am I right to say that your saving from doing ED is really around $2k vs 4k? So you would save more on ED if you purchase instead of lease?

I'm thinking of leasing an M4 and I also want to go travel in europe, is the ED savings worth it? Or should I just lease the car here, and book the vacation separately?

Last edited by M4LF; 03-29-2015 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #93
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mso4 View Post
Thanks this is an awesome post thanks!

One question about leasing with ED. Looks like the extra interest is almost 1.5 month's worth of payment. But BMW only gives back one payment. Since you're only leasing for 36 months, am I right to say that your saving from doing ED is really around $2k vs 4k? So you would save more on ED if you purchase instead of lease?

I'm thinking of leasing an M4 and I also want to go travel in europe, is the ED savings worth it? Or should I just lease the car here, and book the vacation separately?
Buying does not have the disadvantage of leasing with ED when it comes to that factor. If you are going to lease, I would still do ED especially if your thinking of a European vacation anyway. The experience is worth it.

If you're purely looking at ED as a way to save money, then you can make an argument to just lease stateside as there is added cost of the trip and some limitations as far as rolling accessories into the financing (MPE, black grills, etc.).

Now if BMW decides to drop the stipulation that M4's come from dealer allocation, ignore everything I said and do ED. The deals can get crazy and it's easy to get an ED M4 at invoice + $500. At that price point, there is no comparison.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #94
bigsid05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 MG/SO M4

Quote:
Now if BMW decides to drop the stipulation that M4's come from dealer allocation, ignore everything I said and do ED. The deals can get crazy and it's easy to get an ED M4 at invoice + $500. At that price point, there is no comparison.
This is the key. The monthly payment waiver is really misleading by BMW as you have the car for 1 less month and pay 0.5 extra payments overall (since BMW waives 1 payment) due to the increased MF. However, dealers are WAY more flexible on pricing for ED cars as long as allocations are not super tight. You can get these cars at ED invoice + $500-$1000 now, even though allocations are still being limited.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #95
M4LF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Buying does not have the disadvantage of leasing with ED when it comes to that factor. If you are going to lease, I would still do ED especially if your thinking of a European vacation anyway. The experience is worth it.

I would love to do a ED, but I am a bit intimidated since I don't speak German. I like leasing since it's a write off for me. So over the 3 years I'll save about $9k, not bad considering I'm only paying $4k in finance cost. That and the added benefit of freeing my capital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
This is the key. The monthly payment waiver is really misleading by BMW as you have the car for 1 less month and pay 0.5 extra payments overall (since BMW waives 1 payment) due to the increased MF. However, dealers are WAY more flexible on pricing for ED cars as long as allocations are not super tight. You can get these cars at ED invoice + $500-$1000 now, even though allocations are still being limited.
This allocation thing is new to me. I didn't know that dealers are limited by BMW allocations. I would think they want to sell as many cars as they can. So are there times when BMW does not stipulate that ED come out of dealer allocations? And what time of the year are allocations not tight? I checked with a local dealer today and they said they usually sell the ED at 2k above invoice.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 08:33 PM   #96
bigsid05
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 MG/SO M4

Quote:
This allocation thing is new to me. I didn't know that dealers are limited by BMW allocations. I would think they want to sell as many cars as they can. So are there times when BMW does not stipulate that ED come out of dealer allocations? And what time of the year are allocations not tight? I checked with a local dealer today and they said they usually sell the ED at 2k above invoice.
Yes, BMW essentially controls how many cars each dealer can sell.

Right now, all ED cars, except M models, come out of a separate allocation pool. It means these are bonus sales for the dealership. And despite the limitation on allocations for ED M cars, dealerships are still willing to go pretty close to invoice.

You can negotiate further with your dealership, I got it down to $1k over invoice and others have gone lower.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2015, 09:31 PM   #97
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would love to do a ED, but I am a bit intimidated since I don't speak German. I like leasing since it's a write off for me. So over the 3 years I'll save about $9k, not bad considering I'm only paying $4k in finance cost. That and the added benefit of freeing my capital.

From what I understand, so many Europeans speak English, it won't matter. You probably just need to learn a few common phrases. I have not heard of anyone on this forum having difficulty because the can't speak German. Everyone connected with BMW that you will speak to knows English. Don't let that stop you from doing ED.

FYI I don't speak a word of German and I'm doing ED this summer.

2K above ED invoice is a good deal in So Cal. You might be able to do a little better but it may not be worth it. BMW has a proprietary formula based on various metrics that determine how many and what type of cars a dealer gets. Most dealers have a decent idea of how many of each car they get per month but it can vary. I think BMW tells dealers their allocations about 3 months in advance.

BMW will most likely remove M cars from restricted lists if the sales start to slow enough. Not happening right now.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #98
M4LF
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
Right now, all ED cars, except M models, come out of a separate allocation pool. It means these are bonus sales for the dealership. And despite the limitation on allocations for ED M cars, dealerships are still willing to go pretty close to invoice.

You can negotiate further with your dealership, I got it down to $1k over invoice and others have gone lower.
Good to know about the allocation stuffs. And I'll keep negotiating.

Quote:
2K above ED invoice is a good deal in So Cal. You might be able to do a little better but it may not be worth it. BMW has a proprietary formula based on various metrics that determine how many and what type of cars a dealer gets. Most dealers have a decent idea of how many of each car they get per month but it can vary. I think BMW tells dealers their allocations about 3 months in advance.

From what I understand, so many Europeans speak English, it won't matter. You probably just need to learn a few common phrases. I have not heard of anyone on this forum having difficulty because the can't speak German. Everyone connected with BMW that you will speak to knows English. Don't let that stop you from doing ED.

FYI I don't speak a word of German and I'm doing ED this summer.
Thanks for the encouragement about the ED purchase. I think I'm gonna go ahead with ED. Now just need to find a fair deal. I'm pretty excited will keep you guys updated.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 11:24 PM   #99
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good to know about the allocation stuffs. And I'll keep negotiating.

Thanks for the encouragement about the ED purchase. I think I'm gonna go ahead with ED. Now just need to find a fair deal. I'm pretty excited will keep you guys updated.
Good luck and use this forum to your advantage.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #100
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzsgti
Has anyone experienced this or have been charged for this? I know snow tires is mentioned on one of the documents.
I have seen posts by members stating they were charged for bringing back cars with non runflats when runflats were the OEM tire. If you searched, you could probably find the exact posts.
Definitely true.

I had my previous 335ix leased, and had swapped out wheels and tires within first year in favor of 18" BBS wheels with PSS's. Drove that way to pre-lease-return inspection, and had a lovely $2.5+K estimated cost to "return wheels and tire to stock".

Put OEM wheels and RFTs back on the night prior to lease return date, and had a clean return the next day (after some haggling over the size of a few dings, net of mileage overage that was zeroed out later).

a
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #101
afadeev
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib
Quote:
Originally Posted by monagram
Is there any documentation on the acquisition fee being waived when coming out of a current BMW lease? This is the first time I've heard of it and would like to have "proof" to show the dealer.
Thanks
Sorry I think I made an error. The acquisition fee stands but the disposition fee is waived ($350). Will make the change.
That's correct. The disposition fee is waived but you'll pay another acquisition fee.
One more thing to keep in mind - any mileage overage that you incur on the lease will also get waived if you finance (buy or lease) the new car with BMW FS!

In my case, I had 800+ miles over my lease mileage allotment. It was submitted as such to BMW FS, which sent me a bill a month or two later. Subsequently, both the disposition fee ($350) and extra mileage fee were zeroed out once they found the paperwork for my BMW FS financing on the F80.

a
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #102
XRAVE
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev View Post
One more thing to keep in mind - any mileage overage that you incur on the lease will also get waived if you finance (buy or lease) the new car with BMW FS!

In my case, I had 800+ miles over my lease mileage allotment. It was submitted as such to BMW FS, which sent me a bill a month or two later. Subsequently, both the disposition fee ($350) and extra mileage fee were zeroed out once they found the paperwork for my BMW FS financing on the F80.

a
Really? That's great news if its true! I'm 1000 miles over and leasing an f80. So your saying I wont be charged?
Current 2020 X7 50i
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 11:57 AM   #103
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

a
That's good info to know.

I wonder what the mileage limit is. I can't imagine they would eat 15K miles just because another BMW was purchased.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #104
afadeev
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRAVE View Post
Really? That's great news if its true! I'm 1000 miles over and leasing an f80. So your saying I wont be charged?
Call BMW FS to confirm and request the waiver, but based on my experience, your mileage overage (and $350 disposition) charges will be waived if you ask ...

I don't know what they will do if you forget to ask.

a
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #105
afadeev
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That's good info to know.

I wonder what the mileage limit is. I can't imagine they would eat 15K miles just because another BMW was purchased.
You are probably right - there has to be limit on their good will. I do not know what it is.

Waiving ~850 miles ($0.25/mile ~= $212.5) over the 12K/year limit on 36 month lease worked for me.

a
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 01:52 PM   #106
tzsgti
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Definitely true.

I had my previous 335ix leased, and had swapped out wheels and tires within first year in favor of 18" BBS wheels with PSS's. Drove that way to pre-lease-return inspection, and had a lovely $2.5+K estimated cost to "return wheels and tire to stock".

Put OEM wheels and RFTs back on the night prior to lease return date, and had a clean return the next day (after some haggling over the size of a few dings, net of mileage overage that was zeroed out later).

a

different wheels though that's a noticeable modification vs. another brand tires or incorrect rating.
2013 Porsche 911 C2
2011 BMW 135i
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #107
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzsgti View Post
different wheels though that's a noticeable modification vs. another brand tires or incorrect rating.
You may get away with NonRFT's on a car originally equipped with RFT's, but the point remains the same. BMW is perfectly within their leasing terms to charge you for tires that aren't a spec match for OEM tires.

It's a heads up for people so they know.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #108
jasnh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 Atlantis Metallic

Garage List
Quote:
You may get away with NonRFT's on a car originally equipped with RFT's, but the point remains the same. BMW is perfectly within their leasing terms to charge you for tires that aren't a spec match for OEM tires.

It's a heads up for people so they know.
+1

I hated how the RFTs rode on my 335, so I switched them out to some high perf Toyos, but kept the RFTs so I could switch back before turning the lease in.
      03-30-2015, 05:09 PM   #109
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasnh View Post
+1

I hated how the RFTs rode on my 335, so I switched them out to some high perf Toyos, but kept the RFTs so I could switch back before turning the lease in.
That's the best plan if you hate the tires, especially because RFT's are so expensive.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #110
golovko
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW G80 M3C - IOMG/KO

Not sure if this has been answered before but I am taking advantage of the pull ahead program. Right now I have about 7 months left on my lease but when I turn in the car there will be about 4.5 months left. Currently I am just at 20k miles (36 months/10k miles). Even without pull ahead I will be well under the 30k miles at the end of my lease. Are they going to be calculating my miles at roughly 833 miles a month for this last year minus whatever months I have left at turn in?
2017 BMW X5 40e M-Sport - Gone
2015 BMW M3 - Gone - ED Pickup June 2nd, 2015
Appreciate 0