European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

04-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #177
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

As usual, you are a master!
I'll be on my way in the morning to kufstein so I might stop at the Café Winklstüberl or Gasthof Schneiderwirt.

As for the marinplatz, I assumed that because all the shops are closed, no one will be there. My hotel is actually pretty close. As for the park, I'm not sure when will I return from my driving so I'm not sure I'll be able to get there before everyone leave.

Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10504.50
      04-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #178
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingikra View Post
As usual, you are a master!
I'll be on my way in the morning to kufstein so I might stop at the Café Winklstüberl or Gasthof Schneiderwirt.

As for the marinplatz, I assumed that because all the shops are closed, no one will be there. My hotel is actually pretty close. As for the park, I'm not sure when will I return from my driving so I'm not sure I'll be able to get there before everyone leave.

Thanks a lot!

Germans like to walk. They don't jog/run like we Americans do! On holidays they often walk around in the cities or parks - even when the stores are closed. It's kind of weird. It won't be packed... but there WILL be people out and about.

Have fun,
Dackel
Appreciate 1
davem3fan185.50
      05-03-2019, 05:53 AM   #179
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just came back a week ago. It wasn't the best trip but I enjoyed.
On Easter I went to the English Garden. Indeed there are nudists there

It seem like everybody are enjoying themselves. A friend of mine who lived in munich for a few years in the past told me to go to the Japanese Teahouse but he meant the Chinese Tower so after walking a lot to find that Japanese Teahouse, I was exhausted so I went back to find something to eat Went to eat in the Haxenboer which is a great restaurant.

On the second day it was much better. I had a great driving day and at noon went to eat in the Brenner grill restaurant. For some reason, I remembered that you've told me that there's a very good schnitzel there but couldn't find any in the menu so I went for the Donald Russell carrée
of lamb which was amazing. One of the best I have ever eaten.

I still haven't tried the Liberkasse. I always find myself fall for a German hotdog

That was my car:

BTW, I forgot that this is a BMW forum and I'm driving one for two months now
It's my first M car and I like it a lot!

Thanks again!
Appreciate 2
davem3fan185.50
Dackelone10504.50
      05-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #180
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Just came back a week ago. It wasn't the best trip but I enjoyed.
On Easter I went to the English Garden. Indeed there are nudists there

Yep!

Englischer Garten...
Name:  English Gardens Munich a-hp.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  98.9 KB

Name:  Englisher gartens Muenchen-Sehenswertes-Bild-im-Text-3 (1).jpg
Views: 690
Size:  70.0 KB

Quote:
It seem like everybody are enjoying themselves. A friend of mine who lived in munich for a few years in the past told me to go to the Japanese Teahouse but he meant the Chinese Tower so after walking a lot to find that Japanese Teahouse, I was exhausted so I went back to find something to eat Went to eat in the Haxenboer which is a great restaurant.

Yes, the Haxenboer is a great restaurant! It's just around the corner from the Hof Brau Haus and the Hard Rock Cafe... both of which are a bit too tourist-y for my tastes. I do take out of town guests to the HB just to see the madness inside... and to their gift shop... but then I take them to a "real" German beer hall or nice restaurant around the corner.

There is a Japanese Teahouse in the English Gardens... it's down on the Southern part of the park. I've never been there... but I have walked past it before. I don't like to recommend places that I have not personally been too. Maybe something for your next visit.

Japanisches Teehaus Kanshoan...
Name:  japanischer-garten-teehaus-20060906-680x383.jpg
Views: 1717
Size:  126.9 KB

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Jap....5858821?hl=en

Haxenboer...
Name:  haxnbauer.jpg
Views: 1323
Size:  60.4 KB

Name:  Haxnbauer im Scholastikahaus  02.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  102.7 KB

Name:  Haxnbauer IMG_0380.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  301.8 KB

Name:  Haxnbauer Pork-Knuckle.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  130.9 KB

Chinese Tower...
Name:  Chinesischen Turm1162330837.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  Chinesischer_Turm_006.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  132.2 KB

Quote:
On the second day it was much better. I had a great driving day and at noon went to eat in the Brenner grill restaurant. For some reason, I remembered that you've told me that there's a very good schnitzel there but couldn't find any in the menu so I went for the Donald Russell carrée of lamb which was amazing. One of the best I have ever eaten.

The food at the Brenner Grill is always great! Especially their steaks and lamb. Yum Yum!!

No, this is not the schnitzel place... that is the Tiroler Hof down in Kufstein(Austria). They have THE best Schnitzel Vienna. Breaded in a cornflakes batter. Its very good!! The best schnitzel that I have had is from Tiroler Hof. Melts in your mouth.

Tiroler Hof, Kufstein(A)...
Name:  Tiroler Hof Kufstein  aussen.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  768.4 KB

Fortress Kufstein...
Name:  Tiroler Hof Kufstein   festung_Kufstein_tag.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  128.7 KB

Brenner Grill...
Maximilianstraße 15, 80539 München
Name:  BRenner  _Grill (6).JPG
Views: 1491
Size:  164.2 KB

Name:  brenner  innenstadtwirte_brenner2.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  126.2 KB

Name:  BRenner _Bar (4).jpg
Views: 715
Size:  146.5 KB

Name:  BRenner _Grill (3).jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  142.9 KB

Name:  Brenner Grill.jpg
Views: 1106
Size:  59.8 KB

Maximilianstraße is a very nice street to walk around...
Name:  Brenner  maximilianstraße-weihnachtsbeleuchtung.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  196.7 KB

Quote:

I still haven't tried the Liberkasse. I always find myself fall for a German hotdog
Leberkase... which means Liver & Cheese.... which the sandwhich has neither!! It's kind of a hot Baloney or Spam sandwhich. You can eat it with mustard or just plain. I like it served plain. It's so yummy!! Btw... you can only find LeberKase sold in Bavaria. It's a traditional offering here.

The next time you are in Munich... go to the Marien Platz... then walk around the corner... past the Spielzeugmuseum(Toy Museum) and make a right to go into the Viktualienmarkt.

As soon as you round the corner... you will see three butcher shops with thier orange awnings shading their delicious products. I like to go to the second or third butcher(Metzger, in German). The second shop is my favorite. You HAVE to get some LeberKase on your next visit!!

Markt-Metzger AK GmbH

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Mar....5766414?hl=en

When I am in Munich's Marienplatz... I also like to grab a snack at Café Rischart. It's just a sandwhich shop... but they have some great food to go or eat in - here. I think you can also eat in, upstairs for some nice down time in the city. Another Dackel tip.

You can find these Café Rischart shops all over the city, train station and airport.

Rischart at Marienplatz
Café Rischart
Name:  Cafe Rischart_2011.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  279.8 KB

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Ris....5760708?hl=en

Leberkäse or Leberkase...
Name:  leberkaese auf brotchen.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  116.4 KB

Name:  Leberkase0.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  135.8 KB

Quote:
That was my car:

BTW, I forgot that this is a BMW forum and I'm driving one for two months now
It's my first M car and I like it a lot!

Thanks again!

That's very nice to hear. I am happy I could help you once again on your visit to Germany. I think you need to not come on a major holiday like Easter though. Plus once we get to June, the weather gets much nicer to drive around the country side.

Best regards,
Dackel
Appreciate 1
kingikra120.00
      06-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #181
Porsha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Dackelone - I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in August and I simply want to thank you for this thread. It is absolutely priceless.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10504.50
      06-24-2019, 05:18 PM   #182
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Arrow Wheels & Weisswurscht @BMW Classic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsha View Post
Dackelone - I will be traveling to Germany for the first time in August and I simply want to thank you for this thread. It is absolutely priceless.

You are quite welcome Porsha

Don't forget that MANY museums are closed on Mondays... including the BMW, Porsche and MB museums. The BMW Welt is always open to the public... but the BMW Museum across the street is closed to the public on Mondays.

Also for the summer months(2019)... BMW Classic holds an informal car show at their facility just down the street from the Welt. It's called: "Wheels & Weisswurscht"

Anyone can walk in and see some great classic cars PLUS... you get to go inside BMW Classic's vault where they keep all their great cars from yesteryear... the show is only from 10am until Noon. IF you show up with a classic car you get a voucher for some free Weisswurst!! (or you can buy some) while you are there! BMW Classic's Coffee & Cake shop is also open during this time.

The dates are:

July 6th
July 20th
Aug 3rd
Aug 17th
Sept 7th
Sept 21st
Oct 5th
Oct 19th

PS: The Porsche Museum in Stuttgart has a great display of 917 racers. Be sure to check them out!!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #183
Porsha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Excellent info. Luckily we are planning the museum tours on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sadly it looks like we'll miss the Classic you referenced.

Any advice I might I have missed on visiting the Ring?
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10504.50
      07-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #184
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:

Any advice I might I have missed on visiting the Ring?
I take it you seen this 'Ring thread of mine ?

Your first Nürburgring Nordschleife Touristenfahrten lap! (2016)
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1348032

The last video... post #53 was filmed this year... so it has all the latest info on TF. You might want to pay the 50 euros for an instructor like at APEX. Driving the 'Ring is very complex, much more so than driving on the Autobahn. Take it slow and don't try to break any track records. lol

And don't be this guy... lol

Really my best advice for going to the 'Ring is to be flexible. Being able to stay a day or two longer can help. That part of Germany in the Eiffel mountains, the weather is constantly changing. I have driven there many times before under clear blue skies only to get 35 minutes away and see rain and fog and snow. It's crazy the weather in that region.

Also... once you purchase your electronic 'Ring ticket(or download the app) don't go out when everyone leaves the parking area. Let everyone leave and go nuts... then in ten minutes later, go out.

IF you must stay around the 'Ring longer... maybe try driving around Cochem(pronounce: Cock-Hemm) a great small town with a cool castle. IF you park in the town's parkhaus... you can take a chair lift up the mountain to a nice overlook and grab some coffee and cake. The chair lift company used to take your pic just as you got to the top of the vineyard/mountain and you can purchase the photo. Driving South from there toward Trier along the Mosel is also a really nice drive. I prefer the Mosel to the Rhine river where everyone goes.

Cochem to Bernkastel Kues is also a good scenic drive. In Bernkastel Kues is another nice castle. Although I prefer Cochem's castle(Burg Eltz).

Here is a really old Rick Steve's video on Cochem...

Maybe IF your into military stuff... in Kloblenz is the WTS Museum of the Germany Army(Bundeswehr). Its very interesting, worth a half day. About 35 minutes North of Kloblenz is Remagen, where there famous WWII bridge crossing. There is a very small museum there, it's interesting but nothing really all too interesting in that area. I would only go there IF you are passing thru or have time to kill.

Just look at the 'Ring videos in my above link/FAQ. Shoot me a PM if you have any other Q's.

Quote:
Excellent info. Luckily we are planning the museum tours on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sadly it looks like we'll miss the Classic you referenced.
You can tour BMW Classic on Saturdays too. Just go to the Welt's website and book a tour. It's fairly cheap now at 16 euros pp. It used to be a one fee or 193 euros in the past!!

Dates:
Saturday(s): 1.00 pm / 2.30 pm / 4.00 pm

Participants:
max. 20 people

Duration:
approx. 60 minutes

Ticket prices:
Individual: 16.00 EUR / discounted* 13.00 EUR
Group: 220.00 EUR / discounted* 180.00 EUR

Booking:

Tel.: +49 (0)89 / 1250 16001
Email: infowelt@bmw-welt.com

Go here---> https://www.bmw-welt.com/en/locations/classic.html
and scroll down and CLICK on...
BMW GROUP CLASSIC GUIDED TOURS

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 05:57 AM   #185
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Dakel,

How are you doing? Just came back from Munich again. Took the same roads that you've suggested in the past and, finally, had the chance to taste the magnificent Leberkäse. I remembered that you've recomanded on a particular metzger but I couldn't find that in the thread so I have entered the first Metzger. It is, indeed, delicious!

Name:  IMG-20191014-WA0111r.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  192.0 KB

Name:  20191015_125844rr.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  532.3 KB

Name:  20191015_125912rr.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  492.9 KB
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10504.50
      10-21-2019, 01:52 AM   #186
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Hi Dakel,

How are you doing? Just came back from Munich again. Took the same roads that you've suggested in the past and, finally, had the chance to taste the magnificent Leberkäse. I remembered that you've recomanded on a particular metzger but I couldn't find that in the thread so I have entered the first Metzger. It is, indeed, delicious!

Hahahaa... that's cool. Yep, Leberkäse is very Bavarian and very tasty!

I've been meaning to update this thread with more awesome places to visit. Haw was this last stay of yours ? That Ferrari looks awesome!!

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 08:42 AM   #187
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Hahahaa... that's cool. Yep, Leberkäse is very Bavarian and very tasty!

I've been meaning to update this thread with more awesome places to visit. Haw was this last stay of yours ? That Ferrari looks awesome!!

Dackel
I haven't elaborated because I've been to the same places as always. I'm always landing at Sunday night and fly back at Wednesday evening. Out of this 72 hours visit, I drive with the car during late morning till late noon in two of the days without stopping at all.
I need to be in Germany for a different type of trip to be able to elaborate some more
The gtc4lusso is a very good car but not what am I looking for. I'll be rude and say that I enjoy my M2 more than the gtc4lusso. Don't get me wrong, gtc4lusso is a much better car than the M2 all over but if I try to compare only by how fun it is to drive in a twisty roads, I'll take the M2 in any given day.

Last edited by kingikra; 10-21-2019 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10504.50