European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

03-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #23
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverF10M5 View Post
BMWFS has cars located in every region throughout the US. In all seriousness, the market location doesn't dictate how much a car will sell for. There are more online bidders on these cars than there are in-person buyers. My figures are averages. So of course some cars sell for more, but history has shown it isn't relative to location. Do you have access to Manheim? If so, look for yourself. Otherwise, don't speak on things you know nothing of. You M3 owners sure do get your feelings hurt easily. I'm glad I have an M6.
Yes I have access to Mannheim. And looking through BMWs sales I can find variations in auction prices for the same year/model of 30%. Thus averages mean very little.

And apparently unlike you, I know that BMWFS will ship cars to auction in other regions if they believe they will bring higher prices in that area.

Clearly, they are putting their money in solid knowledge. So in your words.."otherwise, don't speak on things you know nothing of", clearly you violated your own advice.

And I don't have a M3. Further proof you didn't follow your own advice.

Never knew M6 owners had that bid if an ego.

And post #5, an Auto Finance Manager who you dismissed has it right, showing why your averages/assumptions are guidelines, not fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAW702 View Post
You have no miles or options listed and the market your in will depend on what the car brings at the auction. Automotive Finance Manager here

We recently took in a 2016 M3 black saphire metallic with 9,049 miles. Car was a 6MT with drivers assistance package, M adaptive suspension, MSRP was 72,600 we gave him 56,000 for it. He was a manager at the store so he got the most he could from the trade in.
Quote:
Here are updated auction values from Manheim. These numbers are straight from Manheim. I did not come up with any of these myself.

F80 M3

Historical Average:

Past 30 Days
$60,500

6 Months Ago
$64,900

Projected Average:

Next Month
$61,400
EDIT: Almost forgot, in October I was offered up to 20% HIGHER price (CarMax and BMW Dealers - outright sales, no trade in) than any other BMW Year/Model (stock/OEM) that had gone through Manheim Nationwide last year.

That would have been roughly 30% higher than average price than Manheim.

I only point this out, not to crow about it, but point out there are A LOT more to look at than a simple average price.

Last edited by Kabrich; 03-21-2017 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #24
RobC2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: different makes and models.

Interesting info, thanks for the post.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 12:39 PM   #25
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
Yes I have access to Mannheim. And looking through BMWs sales I can find variations in auction prices for the same year/model of 30%. Thus averages mean very little.

And apparently unlike you, I know that BMWFS will ship cars to auction in other regions if they believe they will bring higher prices in that area.

Clearly, they are putting their money in solid knowledge. So in your words.."otherwise, don't speak on things you know nothing of", clearly you violated your own advice.

And post #5, an Auto Finance Manager who you dismissed has it right, showing why your averages/assumptions are guidelines, not fact.

EDIT: Almost forgot, in October I was offered up to 20% HIGHER price (CarMax and BMW Dealers - outright sales, no trade in) than any other BMW Year/Model (stock/OEM) that had gone through Manheim Nationwide last year.

I only point this out, not to crow about it, but point out there are A LOT more to look at than a simple average price.
Show me a trend where BMWFS is shipping cars to a specific region.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #26
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC2 View Post
Interesting info, thanks for the post.
I'm glad someone was able to take something from it. Who knew auction values would bring out all the "experts".
Appreciate 1
RobC2312.00
      03-21-2017, 03:45 PM   #27
RobC2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: different makes and models.

Quote:
I'm glad someone was able to take something from it. Who knew auction values would bring out all the "experts".
No problem! As much as we all love the stories of a dealer offering 32k for a year old M4 or about people trading in their used '15s for new '16s with ZCP for no additional money, factual data has its place too.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #28
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC2 View Post
No problem! As much as we all love the stories of a dealer offering 32k for a year old M4 or about people trading in their used '15s for new '16s with ZCP for no additional money, factual data has its place too.
Also, I posted this data to reflect the rate at which auction values are decreasing, so someone can get another source of depreciation from a wholesale perspective. The only other way this information will help the normal buyer shopping at the dealership is by giving you the opportunity to cross-reference recent auction prices with the current asking price of that exact car. This does take some work, as the only information you'll have to work with is year, mileage, transmission, and color. I can pull up recent auctions in the last 6 weeks and look for the same cars for sale on different websites by searching for an exact mileage match. This will then show you the price paid. If anything, it could help you in the negotiation process.
Appreciate 1
RobC2312.00
      03-21-2017, 03:55 PM   #29
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Also, I posted this data to reflect the rate at which auction values are decreasing, so someone can get another source of depreciation from a wholesale perspective. The only other way this information will help the normal buyer shopping at the dealership is by giving you the opportunity to cross-reference recent auction prices with the current asking price of that exact car. This does take some work, as the only information you'll have to work with is year, mileage, transmission, and color. I can pull up recent auctions in the last 6 weeks and look for the same cars for sale on different websites by searching for an exact mileage match. This will then show you the price paid. If anything, it could help you in the negotiation process.
You know its against the Manheim TOS to post and or share that data?
Appreciate 1
Kabrich354.00
      03-21-2017, 04:04 PM   #30
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
Quote:
Appreciate 1
Kabrich354.00
      03-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #31
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not concerned with that, but thank you.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      03-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #32
MLAW702
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 DCT

Quote:

Appreciate 1
Kabrich354.00
      03-21-2017, 06:38 PM   #33
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Report his ass!
      03-21-2017, 07:54 PM   #34
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Show me a trend where BMWFS is shipping cars to a specific region.
Clearly, you have no idea.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not concerned with that, but thank you.
That speaks volumes.

The Average USA Household has 2.5 members.

Out of 320 Million Households, I've yet to find 1 Household with 2.5 members.

Therefore, EVERY HOUSEHOLD IN AMERICA is off the Average by a minimum of 20% or greater.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 08:03 PM   #35
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Report his ass!
What exactly is he going to report? Good luck with that.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2186.50
      03-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #36
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Clearly, you have no idea.

That speaks volumes.

The Average USA Household has 2.5 members.

Out of 320 Million Households, I've yet to find 1 Household with 2.5 members.

Therefore, EVERY HOUSEHOLD IN AMERICA is off the Average by a minimum of 20% or greater.
I'm still waiting for you to show me this trend. Also, show me an F80 or F82 with an auction difference of 30%. We both know this isn't a fact. We both have access to the same information. Prove me wrong or take a seat.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 08:31 PM   #37
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Report his ass!
Why would you not want to know what your car is selling for at a popular auction venue (...assuming that you were in the market to sale or trade)? I'm playing devil's advocate here, but do you advocate for reporting everybody who offers you a little bit of insider information that would potentially/directly benefit you?
Appreciate 2
      03-21-2017, 08:40 PM   #38
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Why would you not want to know what your car is selling for at a popular auction venue (...assuming that you were in the market to sale or trade)? I'm playing devil's advocate here, but do you advocate for reporting everybody who offers you a little bit of insider information that would potentially/directly benefit you?
Lighten up I was kidding.

Apparently humor is lost on forums.
      03-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #39
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Lighten up I was kidding.

Apparently humor is lost on forums.
Not really!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #40
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not really!
>.<

Is too!

On a serious note I'm surprised the F8x is already on auction. Are they mainly non CPO cars?
      03-21-2017, 09:12 PM   #41
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not really!
>.<

Is too!

On a serious note I'm surprised the F8x is already on auction. Are they mainly non CPO cars?
I've seen quite a few at Irvine BMW and Shelly BMW. They even had an Individual M3 (...one of the purple colors) that got turned in early.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 04:49 AM   #42
Kankles
Rear Admiral
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not really!
>.<

Is too!

I've seen quite a few at Irvine BMW and Shelly BMW. They even had an Individual M3 (...one of the purple colors) that got turned in early.
Someone turned in a purple M3 early???? No freakin' way! Hahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 04:55 AM   #43
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
>.<

Is too!

Non-BMW dealers can take them in trade and send them to auction where a BMW dealer can buy and sell as CPO (among other scenarios).
      03-22-2017, 05:16 AM   #44
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankles View Post
Someone turned in a purple M3 early???? No freakin' way! Hahaha
Do you know how many people told him he was COOL when he posted his metallic purple M3 on the forum though? That's what it's all about in the end! Likes and flexing on the 'Gram!

But then reality sets in and you're driving a purple/green/brown/etc etc etc car and you can't wait for your lease to end 23 months later.

The joys of the Indiv Program! You will always be "That Guy" who had "That Car" for a few weeks until non-forum people started to point and laugh at you as you drove around everyday.
RobC2312.00