Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #23
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
Done & done. I feel like I've come up with a reasonable offer, however the SA just returned back with my initial counter, saying:

"Unfortunately, Euro Delivery price is set price and there is no incentives available for that program. Would you like to take some options or packaged off to get to where you wanted to be?"

That doesn't quite align to what I've read through the forum... or am I misunderstanding?
At this point, he is correct. The Euro Delivery MSRP is fixed at 5% less than the US MSRP. There are currently no promotions or incentives available to Euro Delivery customers anymore (other than the BMW CCA rebate, which has nothing to do with the price the dealer gives you).

That doesn't prohibit you from bargaining on the price, usually $X over the Euro Invoice price. Your CA should be able to share the Vehicle Inquiry Report (VIR) with the option to show European Invoice Price. If your dealer is not willing to negotiate a price on that basis, or share the EIP with you, find another dealer.

I made it clear to my dealer what my offer was and got him to agree to it in writing. I've used the same formula for our last three Euro Deliveries (except that in 2011 it was 7% less) and each time I've come within less than $100 of the price. This time it was a $54 difference.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 08:22 AM   #24
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
Done & done. I feel like I've come up with a reasonable offer, however the SA just returned back with my initial counter, saying:

"Unfortunately, Euro Delivery price is set price and there is no incentives available for that program. Would you like to take some options or packaged off to get to where you wanted to be?"

That doesn't quite align to what I've read through the forum... or am I misunderstanding?
my CA always sounds like a broken record, "the deal has to makes sense for us"

1) ED is not as good of a deal like the ole days, now it's reserve for people who value the experience more than value overall.
2) many mfg-to-dealer incentives are void (dealer takes less overall compare to US delivered car)
3) supply is very low, GOLFR says early this week in the US only 30 modifiable(custom configurable) M3s left

on point #2, let's say dealer has "kickback" or "holdback" 2.5% after car is sold on US delivered car, would they forgo that and go with ED deals? No! Customer has to fork out that 2.5% especially there is a buyer ready to sign the deal for that M3 allocation for sure. You compete with time and another customer and dealer knows it.

I'd say get the US delivered car and get ED for another M BMW down the road. Autobahn will still be there in 10 years

BTW, my dealer is willing to do non-M car ED for $500 over ED invoice all day long, but M car ED is different animal.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #25
Bluetint
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Daytona Violet

Hello everyone,

Thought there would be some knowledge in this thread on the ED discount. I saw my dealer last week looking for a new 2019 M4 and wanting an ED for it. They kindly advised that there was no rebate offered on the ED anymore, which I found very strange. Can someone confirm whether this would be the case or is the dealer just trying to get more $$$ from me?

Thanks!

Pedal to the metal!
Now: 2018 M3 Daytona Violet ZCP
Previous: 2016 M4 SSII
///M
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #26
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetint View Post
Hello everyone,

Thought there would be some knowledge in this thread on the ED discount. I saw my dealer last week looking for a new 2019 M4 and wanting an ED for it. They kindly advised that there was no rebate offered on the ED anymore, which I found very strange. Can someone confirm whether this would be the case or is the dealer just trying to get more $$$ from me?

Thanks!
They're trying to get more cash. I'm leaving in a week for an ED on my fathers 2019 4 series Vert. He's getting the 5% ED discount
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 09:25 PM   #27
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetint View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Other than the standard discount (5%) no rebates apply to ED
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 05:41 PM   #28
TXSoxFan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Other than the standard discount (5%) no rebates apply to ED
BMWCCA still applies to ED.

If you aren't a member (or haven't been one for at least a year) you can sign up for a 3 year membership (@$134) and be eligible for the $500 rebate right away.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      09-17-2018, 06:13 PM   #29
REMythic
Registered
Rep
Drives: Future F80

What would be a good price or percent near invoice to agree on? Has anyone had any luck bargaining below invoice price because of the hold back, and dealer bonuses for hitting monthly quotas for an ED?

The specs I want:
Custom color - Atlantis Blue - ??
Custom seat stitch color - ??
Leather Dash- 3,500
DCT- 2,900
Base MSRP - 66,500

Let's just say MSRP is 72,900 (just the DCT and Leather Dash).

My invoice would be approximately 5,888 (options) + 995 (Delivery) + 58,752 (base ED invoice) + 475 fee = 66,110 invoice

I'm having the same situation as other posters where most dealers in my area are fixed at a 5% discount and no one will budge. One dealer is at 6% off US MSRP.

I don't get why they're fixed since ED cars aren't taking away from their allocation.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #30
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMythic View Post
What would be a good price or percent near invoice to agree on? Has anyone had any luck bargaining below invoice price because of the hold back, and dealer bonuses for hitting monthly quotas for an ED?

The specs I want:
Custom color - Atlantis Blue - ??
Custom seat stitch color - ??
Leather Dash- 3,500
DCT- 2,900
Base MSRP - 66,500

Let's just say MSRP is 72,900 (just the DCT and Leather Dash).

My invoice would be approximately 5,888 (options) + 995 (Delivery) + 58,752 (base ED invoice) + 475 fee = 66,110 invoice

I'm having the same situation as other posters where most dealers in my area are fixed at a 5% discount and no one will budge. One dealer is at 6% off US MSRP.

I don't get why they're fixed since ED cars aren't taking away from their allocation.
For the M cars, I believe they are from their allocation.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #31
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMythic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
For the M cars, I believe they are from their allocation.
Nikolas is correct. M cars DO come out of normal dealer allocations.
Appreciate 0