Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

10-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #45
Moneygrowsontrees
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
I'm thinking dealers are going to have to get very aggressive with deals soon! I can't see them wanting to sit on all these 18MY at the end of the year.

There are over 950 new M3's listed on cars.com
I'm wondering the opposite, if you look at auctions it's frankly a graveyard for 15 f80 and 82's waiting to hit the block. People are terrified to buy them because the notion of how unreliable they are. So maybe it's. Or just the economy, maybe BMW is trying to Muniz's leasing and encourage buying 🤷🏻*♂️ who knows, not many CPO avail when comparing to the list for sale, and MANY at non BMW dealers 100 plus days thus doing the auction revolving door. With that said you'd think bmw would ecstatic with leases because all the selling dealers or buying at end of lease have to pay that residual value to leasing company
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:23 AM   #46
Moneygrowsontrees
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneygrowsontrees View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS_BMW View Post
I'm thinking dealers are going to have to get very aggressive with deals soon! I can't see them wanting to sit on all these 18MY at the end of the year.

There are over 950 new M3's listed on cars.com
I'm wondering the opposite, if you look at auctions it's frankly a graveyard for 15 f80 and 82's waiting to hit the block. People are terrified to buy them because the notion of how unreliable they are. So maybe it's. Or just the economy, maybe BMW is trying to Muniz's leasing and encourage buying 🤷🏻*♂️ who knows, not many CPO avail when comparing to the list for sale, and MANY at non BMW dealers 100 plus days thus doing the auction revolving door. With that said you'd think bmw would ecstatic with leases because all the selling dealers or buying at end of lease have to pay that residual value to leasing company
Oh boy predicted text is killing me these days, grammatical errors I apologize !
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #47
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

The lease payments you're all getting quoted are what you'd pay at another marque for a car that's around the same price . BMW isn't so much as ripping you off as they are taking a break from the massive subsidies they've been giving us for years. I hope they come back.

The other issue is that we've had three prime rate hikes in the United States this year, with a fourth one likely next month. All borrowing products are significantly more expensive than they used to be
Appreciate 6
      10-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #48
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
The lease payments you're all getting quoted are what you'd pay at another marque for a car that's around the same price . BMW isn't so much as ripping you off as they are taking a break from the massive subsidies they've been giving us for years. I hope they come back.

The other issue is that we've had three prime rate hikes in the United States this year, with a fourth one likely next month. All borrowing products are significantly more expensive than they used to be
I think what's happened is BMW may have made a mistake giving such great lease deals. Now buyers want them again when their 60% range residual car is up and are balking and the current rates. This was my first ever lease and i was fortunate enough to have 63% @.0013x. Now the idea of leasing at anything less than 61% seems ridiculous to me. I'm assuming it will be a battle of will between sales figures and customer desire for a BMW. For me personally, I'm more than willing to move on to a competitor, BMW makes an amazing car and my M3 is pure enjoyment. I want another one (preferably an18') but not for hundreds more than what I'm paying now.
Appreciate 2
      10-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #49
harryjfranco
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4

I just really hope November, and December have some better rates. But WHO knows at this point. Ive been saying that since July.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 02:44 PM   #50
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMV///M3 View Post
I think what's happened is BMW may have made a mistake giving such great lease deals. Now buyers want them again when their 60% range residual car is up and are balking and the current rates. This was my first ever lease and i was fortunate enough to have 63% @.0013x. Now the idea of leasing at anything less than 61% seems ridiculous to me. I'm assuming it will be a battle of will between sales figures and customer desire for a BMW. For me personally, I'm more than willing to move on to a competitor, BMW makes an amazing car and my M3 is pure enjoyment. I want another one (preferably an18') but not for hundreds more than what I'm paying now.
As was stated, any other "premium german car" is going to have a similar payment to what BMW is offering now. The issue ( as was pointed out ), is that BMW inflated residuals to rediculous levels trying to "win the sales crown" in the US and have now backpedaled from that.

The US is no longer BMWs most lucrative market, china is (keep politics out of this please, just talking about money ). They decided they did not want to lose as much per car as they were in the past (go back to being a bit more exclusive, seems to me).

They seem to be ok with selling less units and making a bit more per unit. Coupled with the fact that M3s will not be available for at least a couple of years, and I think that BMW dealers are fine sitting on the M3s... I really doubt there is going to be any sort of a fire sale on them. BMW dealers will tell you "these are not distressed cars" so sitting back and waiting on a fire sale on M3s may be a losing proposition.

There will always be outliers though, so .../shrug.
Appreciate 3
      10-17-2018, 03:13 PM   #51
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfive View Post
I'm sure they will move all of them with $1200+/month payments on an already outgoing model. Anything above 800ish is just too much $$ for an M3 imho.
Completely agree.
Appreciate 1
BMV///M3418.50
      10-25-2018, 01:36 PM   #52
Milan10
Rep
Drives: BMW

$950.00 is pretty much my limit with $0 down. I have a 5 mile commute, so even $950 is absolutely stupid and I should be ashamed of myself for saying that.

That said, if I can get into one for $950 I would do it in a second lol.

I asked my dealer WTF is going on, and he told me they are having an awful time moving them with mediocre residuals, higher interest rates, and no factory cash.
Appreciate 2
JTO245227.00
      10-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #53
mindspin311
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

OK guys, help me out, never leased a car before. There's an Avus M3 ZCP at my local dealer calling my name. This is the 1st pass on what the CA told me...

Selling price - 76,922
Money down - 15000 (he took this from what my regular financing downpayment would be)
3yrs/36k miles
Residual - 59% or 45,385
Money factor (whatever this is haha) - 0.00222

Monthly payment - $900

I really wouldnt want to lease with putting 15k down, maybe 5, but 15 is insane. What do you guys think? what part of this is insanity? All of it...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 09:25 PM   #54
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindspin311 View Post
OK guys, help me out, never leased a car before. There's an Avus M3 ZCP at my local dealer calling my name. This is the 1st pass on what the CA told me...

Selling price - 76,922
Money down - 15000 (he took this from what my regular financing downpayment would be)
3yrs/36k miles
Residual - 59% or 45,385

Monthly payment - $900

I really wouldnt want to lease with putting 15k down, maybe 5, but 15 is insane. What do you guys think? what part of this is insanity? All of it...
First, you need to read the leasing primer here on bimmerpost, to understand the terms (such as money factor).

Second, "how much of that deal is insanity?" All of it, like you said. I dont pick apart lease deals anymore, but even if someone else does that for you, it wont help you unless you understand the moving parts of a lease.

If you were planning on buying the car, dont let them convince you that you should lease. I love leasing, but its not for everyone. Learn about it and decide if its for you... but you really need to either step back and read about leasing to understand it first, or just skip leasing and negotiate on buying this car instead of leasing it (assuming you have bought a car before and know that part of it).

(leasing 101 thread, right here in bimmerpost, stickied in this very section : https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1084623)
Appreciate 1
BMV///M3418.50
      10-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #55
4151zero
HOV clogger
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 and i3 BEV

Are there any 'leaks' about upcoming MF and residuals, for November 2018?

We've been shopping and dealers are becoming more 'aggressive' with their stale 30-60 day old F80's. Just waiting for the terms from BMWFS leasing to correct itself.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:28 AM   #56
BMV///M3
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindspin311 View Post

Selling price - 76,922
3yrs/36k miles
Residual - 59% or 45,385

Monthly payment - $900

Read the leasing thread, I don't know all the factors of that lease but it looks like they bumping your money factor (basically charging you more interest because they can) for starters. Many will tell you never put money down on a lease. DO NOT LEASE A CAR BEFORE educating yourself would be my advice. You could save yourself thousands by doing a little reading.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #57
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4151zero View Post
Are there any 'leaks' about upcoming MF and residuals, for November 2018?

We've been shopping and dealers are becoming more 'aggressive' with their stale 30-60 day old F80's. Just waiting for the terms from BMWFS leasing to correct itself.
"Terms to correct itself"? What do you mean by that? The Government has been raising interest rates, so expecting them to fall a lot would be expecting BMW FS to buck the rising interest rate trend.

BMW actually HAS "corrected the lease terms" because they had their residuals waaaaaaay out of whack with what the cars really are worth on lease turn in, just to push cars. They were way out of whack before, they are fairly accurate now (but that means that cars are more expensive than they were before).

I totally get the issue that, once you pay XXX for something its only worth XXX to you.. .so if you had a lease deal with a MF of .00130, applied 7 MSDs to it, and got a Residual of 62% for your current ride, then current rates might look out of whack, because the same car will be more expensive.

So, for YOU (and me, and anyone else who leased a car in 2016) the terms look poor. I am hoping BMW throws us some holiday cash in November, but I dont think MFs or RVs will change that much going forward. I dont know though, no one does.

Last year ( for example ), August or September was the best month for leasing, not November / December.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 05:28 PM   #58
MistaVauros
///M... Nuff Said.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M5C  [0.00]
I see some people have gotten a total of $8000-9500 off a new M3 when financing. How do I negotiate such a steep discount? I'm in the DMV (Maryland) market and have some good CA relationships. However, I'm willing to purchase out of state for the right deal. Also, are individual colors free now or can be had for cheap? I'm looking at nardo grey for color.

Thanks

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - J. Dean
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #59
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAUROS View Post
I see some people have gotten a total of $8000-9500 off a new M3 when financing. How do I negotiate such a steep discount? I'm in the DMV (Maryland) market and have some good CA relationships. However, I'm willing to purchase out of state for the right deal. Also, are individual colors free now or can be had for cheap? I'm looking at nardo grey for color.

Thanks
There were some M3s produced by the factory with free individual colors. Ordering individual colors is not free (and you cant order an M3 anymore for at least a couple of years). Nardo was not one of the colors produced like that (although gregio telestro was, its another "grey" color.. not nardo but still nice). You can read a lot more about that in the following thread here in this section:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1503205

Those discounts would have included whatever incentives (such as loyalty etc) that people qualified for.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 01:58 PM   #60
dont_Mistak3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAUROS View Post

Thanks
It's a combination of incentives and how much the dealer is willing to play ball. In my case I got a 77K sticker down to 70K when I financed in September. Plus they wrote a check to finish paying off my lease at the time. (another $2500)

Incentives at the time I qualified were 3k loyalty and 1k college grad. Also received the $500 CCA rebate but that's seperate. The rest was the dealer's discount...and I tried to tack on corporate fleet but they said I couldn't combine with college grad (still not convinced that was the truth )

I was not picky with colors/options and at this point I don't think you can either. It does help to buy from a dealer that has a couple M3s in stock as opposed to say only one or two.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 07:58 AM   #61
4151zero
HOV clogger
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 and i3 BEV

Are the numbers for November published yet ?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #62
harryjfranco
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4

November ????
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #63
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4151zero View Post
Are the numbers for November published yet ?
Just posted in first post. No change.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 12:07 PM   #64
FLOSS M
///M3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 X-Drive

Anyone have the breakdown for September ? 19 M4 Cp 10k
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 10:53 PM   #65
EyceMan
Smart Ass
Rep
Drives: F80 Mineral White/Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbaek View Post
I got the following deal for a 2019 M4 Convertible.

MSRP: $87,235
Discount: $8,200.09
Rebate: $2,500

Price: $76,534.91

Tag: $95.50
Processing: $699
Tax: $3,205.21
Non-Tax fee: $176.47

OTD: $80,711.09

Also got 0.9% APR finance for 60 months.

Financed instead of lease.
How did you get 0.9% at 60? did your M4 have over 1000 miles on it?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 10:56 PM   #66
EyceMan
Smart Ass
Rep
Drives: F80 Mineral White/Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
"Terms to correct itself"? What do you mean by that? The Government has been raising interest rates, so expecting them to fall a lot would be expecting BMW FS to buck the rising interest rate trend.

BMW actually HAS "corrected the lease terms" because they had their residuals waaaaaaay out of whack with what the cars really are worth on lease turn in, just to push cars. They were way out of whack before, they are fairly accurate now (but that means that cars are more expensive than they were before).

I totally get the issue that, once you pay XXX for something its only worth XXX to you.. .so if you had a lease deal with a MF of .00130, applied 7 MSDs to it, and got a Residual of 62% for your current ride, then current rates might look out of whack, because the same car will be more expensive.

So, for YOU (and me, and anyone else who leased a car in 2016) the terms look poor. I am hoping BMW throws us some holiday cash in November, but I dont think MFs or RVs will change that much going forward. I dont know though, no one does.

Last year ( for example ), August or September was the best month for leasing, not November / December.

Well said
Appreciate 0