GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

12-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #23
kingofqueenz788
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

I feel bad for my neighbors i live in nyc queens houses r so close together my windows vibrate when I start my car.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2018, 08:39 PM   #24
DS_BMW
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp, 22 M240

What an asshole he is. Now you need the GTS startup roar to really piss him off! So he throws rocks at your home and he is pressing charges on you? it should be the other way around.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
      12-19-2018, 08:41 PM   #25
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Hey OP, that's sucks I'm sorry about that.

Your neighbor sounds like an A hole. Cameras and have a good lawyer handy.

No complaints from my end, but my neighbors have fortunately always had sport bikes, Harleys or pure sports cars so a stock anything is small potatoes.

I keep garage door closed at startup and wait like 30s for the car to quiet down before I open the door and drive off.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 08:59 PM   #26
gunsmoker
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

My M3 is quiet compared to my neighbor's 700hp supercharged Mustang GT.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2018, 09:07 PM   #27
espressoo
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 Comp|'23 X5 45e|'24 X7

Your situation sounds pretty bad and unfortunate. It’s not clear if your car has a MPE, ZCP or standard exhaust? I know cold starts are pretty loud even in efficient mode and often wakes up my family so I quickly back out of the garage and crawl out of the neighborhood if I’m leaving before 7AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:11 PM   #28
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

I'm sorry you're going through this. Wish I had some sage advice but I don't.

With that said, the website you created is gold. My favorite post:

"Bill Siegle called the police department about this web site. The officers reporting to the scene advised Bill that the local police are not responsible for the internet and are unable to intervene."
      12-19-2018, 09:19 PM   #29
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim B View Post
OP, your neighbor is a total and complete MORON!!
Agreed +1
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #30
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_DM View Post
I'm sorry you're going through this. Wish I had some sage advice but I don't.

With that said, the website you created is gold. My favorite post:

"Bill Siegle called the police department about this web site. The officers reporting to the scene advised Bill that the local police are not responsible for the internet and are unable to intervene."
Thanks dude. It’s pretty sad. I get out of my garage as quick as I can. In the lawsuit it says I leave the car idling all hours of the day. Surprised I’m still alive since I leave it in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:26 PM   #31
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Hey OP, that's sucks I'm sorry about that.

Your neighbor sounds like an A hole. Cameras and have a good lawyer handy.

No complaints from my end, but my neighbors have fortunately always had sport bikes, Harleys or pure sports cars so a stock anything is small potatoes.

I keep garage door closed at startup and wait like 30s for the car to quiet down before I open the door and drive off.
Yep we put in cameras all around. We are filing our counter suit in the next week or so. We don’t think he’s ever gonna find a judge who is gonna tell me to stop driving my car.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #32
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
...the website you created is gold.
I went to the website and signed up for e-mail updates!

OP: Heads up, you misspelled "LGBT'' at least twice in your posts, spelling it "LGTB". Unless that's how the acronym is used in your area. I've only ever seen it as LGBT.

You may have him for a hate crime for throwing a rock through your window.

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #33
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

My parents live across from a guy with two F8Xs (forget if they're M3s or M4s) in a very quiet Long Island suburb.

My mom complains to me about the noise when he starts his cars, but she gets it and knows it'll stop after about 10 seconds after he drives off. She's never thought twice about filing a complaint or calling the police etc. Part of being neighbors is knowing you're going to have to occasionally put up with other people's crap and they'll have to put up with yours.

On a related note, I live in a small house in San Francisco that is technically freestanding but basically shares walls with the houses next to me. When I start my GT3 (aftermarket exhaust, mind you) it rattles my house so much that a light-fixture fell off the ceiling once (true story). I told my neighbors that if it feels like a small earthquake, it's just me starting the car and it'll be over quickly. Never had an issue because they're reasonable people and so am I.

People just suck sometimes. Whatever this guy's deal is, it goes way beyond the sound from your M.
      12-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #34
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I went to the website and signed up for e-mail updates!

OP: Heads up, you misspelled "LGBT'' at least twice in your posts, spelling it "LGTB". Unless that's how the acronym is used in your area. I've only ever seen it as LGBT.

You may have him for a hate crime for throwing a rock through your window.
Thanks man for pointing out the typo. I think I just fixed them all. Thanks for signing up. His old neighbor (who now no longer even lives in N.J.) found the website and made us aware of the harassment she received from him too. There was a police report for that incident too that we posted on the web site.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #35
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
My parents live across from a guy with two F8Xs (forget if they're M3s or M4s) in a very quiet Long Island suburb.

My mom complains to me about the noise when he starts his cars, but she gets it and knows it'll stop after about 10 seconds after he drives off. She's never thought twice about filing a complaint or calling the police etc. Part of being neighbors is knowing you're going to have to occasionally put up with other people's crap and they'll have to put up with yours.

On a related note, I live in a small house in San Francisco that is technically freestanding but basically shares walls with the houses next to me. When I start my GT3 (aftermarket exhaust, mind you) it rattles my house so much that a light-fixture fell off the ceiling once (true story). I told my neighbors that if it feels like a small earthquake, it's just me starting the car and it'll be over quickly. Never had an issue because they're reasonable people and so am I.

People just suck sometimes. Whatever this guy's deal is, it goes way beyond the sound from your M.
That’s too funny man. If I put an aftermarket exhaust on I don’t know what he would throw thru our window next.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:59 PM   #36
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Yeah, this is quite beyond the pale - our experiences with this stuff may not help you because I think you're dealing with a very unique situation with someone who's unstable or has something against you beyond just a loud car.

Since your site and the previous poster mentioned it, are you and the other homeowner a gay couple? And if so, has he ever mentioned that fact in any of his rants against you? If so, putting a rock through your window starts to take on the troubling undertone of a hate crime...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 10:03 PM   #37
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Yeah, this is quite beyond the pale - our experiences with this stuff may not help you because I think you're dealing with a very unique situation with someone who's unstable or has something against you beyond just a loud car.

Since your site and the previous poster mentioned it, are you and the other homeowner a gay couple? And if so, has he ever mentioned that fact in any of his rants against you? If so, putting a rock through your window starts to take on the troubling undertone of a hate crime...
Yes me and my fiancée are a gay couple. I’ve only ever spoken to this guy twice And haven’t encountered any homophobic rants. We posted the web site to see if others would come forward. We suspect more is at play here than just the car.

Oh and His old neighbor who reported him to the police was a Puerto Rican woman.

Last edited by m4newjersey; 12-19-2018 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 10:06 PM   #38
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4newjersey View Post
Thanks man for pointing out the typo. I think I just fixed them all. Thanks for signing up. His old neighbor (who now no longer even lives in N.J.) found the website and made us aware of the harassment she received from him too. There was a police report for that incident too that we posted on the web site.
Another thing to consider is bringing this to the attention of RE/MAX. More than one person has been reprimanded and/or fired from their job when their personal antics bring negative attention to their employer.

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #39
m4newjersey
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Another thing to consider is bringing this to the attention of RE/MAX. More than one person has been reprimanded and/or fired from their job when their personal antics bring negative attention to their employer.
That’s a good idea. Only problem is that Bill Siegle is an owner of one of the local remax franchises (REMAX Hometown) over here in N.J. so we would probably have to get corporate involved somehow.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 11:11 PM   #40
blockdoc
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Cheers brother. So sorry you have to deal with this.
I don't get the impression you shy away from conflict, and I completely support your actions. But please be careful my friend. This dude sounds like he has a screw loose. Hate to see things escalate and have you or your partner get hurt.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 01:39 AM   #41
praxis218
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 DCT

Quote:
The neighbor sounds extremely unhinged so I'd hate to think what actions the neighbor would take if OP got the neighbor fired from his job.

Personal safety matters above all else, so if I were in OP's shoes I would prepare to move.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 04:33 AM   #42
MikeCH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M4 CS

My neighbor has complained about my stock pipe as well (18 M4 CS). I used to have a C63 with 6.2 V8 engine before, which I consider to be a lot louder, especially during cold starts. I simply ignore her.

Being stock and following all regulations, any restraining rules would also apply to all vehicles, so your neighbor does not stand a chance. Just get yourself a good lawyer, and keep the cameras on all the time.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 05:53 AM   #43
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

wow thats nuts, feel for you OP. sounds like you have yourself a real winner next door. Hopefully things get better but def dont sacrifice your love for the car to please someone who seems to be having other issues they are battling

I have DPs and full evo and I usually leave most mornings really early. I actually close the valves (valve controller) start the car and immediately roll out of my garage and out of my neighborhood and its actually not that loud at all TBH. I think the problem people have is they sit with the car idling and thats the loud part. I think if you get a valve controller, close the valves (believe it or not they open on start up which is why you get that loud grunt on cold start) and slowly leave immediately (as manual states) you may not be too loud for everyone who is bothered by the noise.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 06:20 AM   #44
SMGCFP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F82 M4 '23 G05 x40i MSport

Maybe I don't get what's happening here, but when I start my car it is quite loud, but after 30 seconds it gets quiet(er). Either way, I'm sure the town has some sort of noise ordinance (like lawn mowing before 8am, or after 8pm) and the car wouldn't even approach the decibel level of a lawn mower.

This neighbor never lived in a dorm in college, or in an apartment apparently. What you're describing here doesn't approach the level of excessive. Now I'm going to watch the video.

I'd get my gun permit if I were you. This guy seems unstable.
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread