Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

11-01-2021, 08:15 PM   #23
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2, 2024 m235i

I don't think you can equate cash to class as some of the worst people in this world also have beaucoup bucks.

Is it possible this is part of the trend of people parking weirdly for a pic, and that they actually only did it for 15 seconds... "for the gram"? I've now seen "perpendicular parking" at gas pumps, double parked sideways across 2 spots, a jeep with one wheel driven up on the concrete barrier next to a gas pump "posture parking?", and finally this atrocity lol.

I think it's more possible that it's less the "poor person is trash" angle, and more the "young people do dumb shit to laugh" angle... But who am I?!
      11-01-2021, 08:48 PM   #24
McBobby Jr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBobby Jr View Post
To each their own, but I've seen far worse than this.
I have posted much more clapped out m3's than this.

Aesthetics aren't the absolute focus in this pic though if you get my angle...
I just noticed, I don't think I've even seen an M3 before parked at an angle taking up two handicap parking spots before. This is interesting.
previous
'08 E90 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 09:43 PM   #25
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms-01 View Post
both.

Just the cycle of life with cars like these. Prices go down and buyers who couldn't enter the market now can. With that just comes a different style and taste, some good and some bad.

Back to the topic at hand, what do the tire stickers say, kiss me ????" i can't make out the rest.
"KISS ME PLZ<"

Haha! Tommy L Garage Mud Flaps.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-01-2021, 09:48 PM   #26
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Nice, enjoy and hope it lasts you for many trouble free years!
I am a bit of a Don Quixote!😂
Appreciate 1
NickyC17424.00
      11-01-2021, 11:00 PM   #27
TimmyM56
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 SSII/SO 6SPD

Yea, I don't see the problem with the tire letters, it's creative and I think it can be done well on some cars. I'd have a custom plate too if I wasn't lazy and went through with filling out the form again for the DMV haha.

I think the bigger problem again is parking in TWO handicap spots. I don't think the fence by an IHOP goes hard for Instagram, but that's just me, I think 7-11 is more ✨aethestic✨. Parking in any handicap spot when you're not, you're a walking L at that point.
      11-01-2021, 11:45 PM   #28
hellokitty
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Sometimes less is more
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 01:16 PM   #29
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82spaceship View Post

Is it possible this is part of the trend of people parking weirdly for a pic, and that they actually only did it for 15 seconds... "for the gram"? I've now seen "perpendicular parking" at gas pumps, double parked sideways across 2 spots, a jeep with one wheel driven up on the concrete barrier next to a gas pump "posture parking?", and finally this atrocity lol.
This photo was taken by a random individual with the main intent of showing how bad the parking was (taking up 2 disabled spots) + icing on the cake, a loud colored BMW perpetuating the ever so common stereotype of a "douche BMW owner"

I originally saw it on thread called idiots in cars or something rather where most participants of the thread have a A to B type car and are sharing dash cam footage.

He also claimed to see the owner walking back to the M wearing fluffy flip flops....
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      11-02-2021, 01:19 PM   #30
Silverlining_m2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2, 2024 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F82spaceship View Post

This photo was taken by a random individual with the main intent of showing how bad the parking was (taking up 2 disabled spots) + icing on the cake, a loud colored BMW perpetuating the ever so common stereotype of a "douche BMW owner"

I originally saw it on thread called idiots in cars or something rather where most participants of the thread have a A to B type car and are sharing dash cam footage.

He also claimed to see the owner walking back to the M wearing fluffy flip flops....
Well gross. I tried to give the benefit of the doubt. Such is life lol
      11-05-2021, 10:24 PM   #31
FrozenGT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F

Sorry but any high price BMW buying at such an early start in your life is not a good choice. Unless you are making six figures in your 20s more power to you but not good financially if you're just starting out.

Remember cars are depreciating asset do not increase in value do not create income do not create wealth they retract the opposite.

Please don't come in here bragging how you purchased an expensive car in your mid 20s unless you have a six figure job money in the bank and are able to afford to not do Jenkee things to it.
Appreciate 1
M5D302.50
      11-05-2021, 11:44 PM   #32
M3god
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGT View Post
Sorry but any high price BMW buying at such an early start in your life is not a good choice. Unless you are making six figures in your 20s more power to you but not good financially if you're just starting out.

Remember cars are depreciating asset do not increase in value do not create income do not create wealth they retract the opposite.

Please don't come in here bragging how you purchased an expensive car in your mid 20s unless you have a six figure job money in the bank and are able to afford to not do Jenkee things to it.
Well luckily our m3s don't depreciate they went up in value if not more and also you only live once so if you can afford to buy and maintain why not🤷🏾🤷🏾..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 06:06 PM   #33
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:

Who are you to tell people not to post in here unless they're of a certain age/impertinent salary?
Appreciate 2
      11-08-2021, 06:39 PM   #34
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I was watching a YOUTube video of a 20 something with an M4 who had lost his job and could no longer afford his apartment, but he decided it was wiser to keep his M4 and vacate his apartment. When I started my business I had no issue to sell my E30 M3 to lighten the load so I could afford to stay where I was and put more into my business. I knew I would someday come back to the M or P world. It took about 3 years and I was into my next E30 M3. I am going to say the 4 letter word and say the notion of saving is just about dead with many people in our society. Even folks with dual income, spent the 400k plus or whatever they make together, really paycheck to paycheck and if one loses their job or both, they are not too far from skid-row.

Yes, many are worth millions in stocks and bitcoin currency, but those can crash at a moments notice, so, I rant! Life maybe short, but not that short that one can't feel the full force of unwise choices in life! Semper M!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 06:43 PM   #35
M3god
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5D View Post
Quote:

I was watching a YOUTube video of a 20 something with an M4 who had lost his job and could no longer afford his apartment, but he decided it was wiser to keep his M4 and vacate his apartment. When I started my business I had no issue to sell my E30 M3 to lighten the load so I could afford to stay where I was and put more into my business. I knew I would someday come back to the M or P world. It took about 3 years and I was into my next E30 M3. I am going to say the 4 letter word and say the notion of saving is just about dead with many people in our society. Even folks with dual income, spent the 400k plus or whatever they make together, really paycheck to paycheck and if one loses their job or both, they are not too far from skid-row.

Yes, many are worth millions in stocks and bitcoin currency, but those can crash at a moments notice, so, I rant! Life maybe short, but not that short that one can't feel the full force of unwise choices in life! Semper M!
Lmaooo you talking about the kid with the blue ymb m4 I believe… I would of sold my car and stack my money up first to be honest
Appreciate 1
M5D302.50
      11-08-2021, 06:48 PM   #36
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinYellowm3 View Post
Lmaooo you talking about the kid with the blue ymb m4 I believe… I would of sold my car and stack my money up first to be honest
Yes, that one! Well, good for you to know the difference, sounds like you have your priorities straight!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 06:50 PM   #37
M3god
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, that one! Well, good for you to know the difference, sounds like you have your priorities straight!
Yea man for sure I'm assuming he thought his YouTube channel would blow up but I guess not
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 07:18 PM   #38
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yea man for sure I'm assuming he thought his YouTube channel would blow up but I guess not
I think you are right! Perhaps, one out of 1000 or more make good money from YouTube, the rest, well, they need to keep their day jobs!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 11:11 PM   #39
TractionControlDelete
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82-E92 M3-E46 M3-E30-S1K-330i

Garage List
2004 X5  [9.00]
2006 325i  [10.00]
2021 S1000RR  [9.50]
2006 330i  [7.75]
1986 325e  [10.00]
2005 M3  [7.40]
2009 M3  [8.63]
2018 M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I think you are right! Perhaps, one out of 1000 or more make good money from YouTube, the rest, well, they need to keep their day jobs!
I understand and definitely relate to your point here but…

"Starting a business" has a much larger and diverse meaning than it did 30 years ago. Like you, I am of the mindset where I'd sell the car to handle business/life. However, nowadays the car can be the business - whether that be through content creation on YouTube, using it to sell detailing products on Instagram, advertising car-wrapping services on TikTok, or using it for car meet promotions and other product sales. Gotta start somewhere, right?

Not my gospel - but I get it. I wish the kid the very best as it's a helluva risk. Who knows… maybe in 2050 he'll be seeing the twenty-something's and sounding like you when commenting on whatever the new "thing" is

https://youtube.com/@tractioncontroldelete
Appreciate 1
M5D302.50
      11-09-2021, 09:31 AM   #40
M5D
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82KPowers View Post
I understand and definitely relate to your point here but…

"Starting a business" has a much larger and diverse meaning than it did 30 years ago. Like you, I am of the mindset where I'd sell the car to handle business/life. However, nowadays the car can be the business - whether that be through content creation on YouTube, using it to sell detailing products on Instagram, advertising car-wrapping services on TikTok, or using it for car meet promotions and other product sales. Gotta start somewhere, right?

Not my gospel - but I get it. I wish the kid the very best as it's a helluva risk. Who knows… maybe in 2050 he'll be seeing the twenty-something's and sounding like you when commenting on whatever the new "thing" is
Every generation looks back and thinks they did it better or they were smarter. I am not immune from that line of thinking! I, too, hope the best for that kid in his blue M4. Money is made now in unimaginable way when I was growing up, which is good, that is capitalism. I am glad that a select few don't have the market cornered in making money - Hollywood or the Wall Street types.

But, I recall in high school we actually covered budgeting, savings and even cooking. I don't think that is part of the curriculum now, since everything is ordered and prepared for you. People getting married in their 20s have grand wedding, move in to big first homes, very little saving, the divorce rate has not changed much - where we do we go from there, if you start big and cannot go bigger or lose your job, where do you go from there! My grandmother used to say, if you start a relationship with a 1000 kisses a day, and on day 2 you are at 999, your relationship is in trouble!

I suppose the 20 something kids now, will look back in 30 years and judge the 20 year old of the 2050s.

Enjoyed the exchange, be well!
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2021, 09:42 AM   #41
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandeur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanb97 View Post
I'm in my early twenties and I own an M4. Parents didn't help me and I definitely don't have an 80 month loan.
+1 to this, I'm also in my very early twenties, and I am happy to say that I've put in the work to position myself where I can afford to outright purchase my M4 without any outside help from my parents. In a way, I understand the stigma and that we might be the minority or lucky few, but I always get a bad taste in my mouth when people assume it's daddy's money.
If you don't want people making assumptions about you then don't go out in public. Otherwise welcome to the arena.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 09:48 AM   #42
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
If you don't want people making assumptions about you then don't go out in public. Otherwise welcome to the arena.
+1 unfortunate truth there. The judgement and assumptions never really stop after your 20's either. The average person doesn't want you or anyone else to do better or even seem like you're doing better than them.

Feels like toxic jealousy is ingrained in current culture and I experience it a lot even as a single dude in his mid-30's. Nice house, good car, career i've built over 12+ yrs, and people still assume it's because of family money.
      11-09-2021, 10:06 AM   #43
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
Quote:
+1 unfortunate truth there. The judgement and assumptions never really stop after your 20's either. The average person doesn't want you or anyone else to do better or even seem like you're doing better than them.

Feels like toxic jealousy is ingrained in current culture and I experience it a lot even as a single dude in his mid-30's. Nice house, good car, career i've built over 12+ yrs, and people still assume it's because of family money.
I'm in my 40s now and you'll eventually care less on all fronts but it definitely won't stop other people from having their take.

If you like a little flare in your cars or clothes or whatever then someone is going to have a thought which is fine. And honestly you never know if the person with the fancy shit can even back up their lifestyle or whether they're over their head - then you have people like my company owner worth over 100MM and drives a 20 year old beater pickup and dresses like a bum. That's weird too 😃
Appreciate 4
      11-09-2021, 10:14 AM   #44
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Quote:
I'm in my 40s now and you'll eventually care less on all fronts but it definitely won't stop other people from having their take.

If you like a little flare in your cars or clothes or whatever then someone is going to have a thought which is fine. And honestly you never know if the person with the fancy shit can even back up their lifestyle or whether they're over their head - then you have people like my company owner worth over 100MM and drives a 20 year old beater pickup and dresses like a bum. That's weird too 😃
Haha that's good to hear it doesn't stop in my 40's either. I've opted into a kid-free existence so that helps my lifestyle a bit haha. Also totally true on being able to back up lifestyles too. Never know if someone is house/car/arbitrary physical belonging poor.