proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

02-28-2021, 12:54 PM   #89
Trevorstein
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Trabant

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Of course! They're mostly just short announcements on our Wiki, we try to keep them updated as we go but documentation and developers rarely go hand in hand

https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki/...+Release+Notes
Great!

What I had previously specifically asked for is:

How are the (pre-set electronic settings) parameters for -

* "Engine"(Eco-Sport-Sport+)/"Steering"/"Chassis"

also changed along with and in relation to each OTS?

How do these pre-sets differ from stock and in relation (i.e.: "CS+" Vs. "GTS" Vs. "CSL")
to each other?

Where can I find this Info.?

Cheers!

03-01-2021, 03:45 AM   #90
alexvoss
Rep
Drives: M2(2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Of course!

Since 2016 we've never provided an ETA. In fact release notes is exactly what we're writing up right now

You do have a great point for sure. We've always typically released features as we built them. This is the first time we've done a huge number of them and lumped all in one go, hence the wait, no other reason really other than its a really big job and highly time consuming, but in any case:

UPDATE:

Number of really great bm3 tuners have been with us testing all the features we've built along the way. When initial demos were shown (flex fuel being the last one Dec 22) they showed the bm3 CustomROM features built and running on a 2016 S55. The DME software here is different enough that we had to also do the work to support 2019+ DME cars as well for all the features. We could've released and supported up to 2019 model year cars but after the holidays we decided to do that as well.

In the process we also acquired a new dev car as well, a 2019 M4 CS, to complete dev and testing for 2019+ software and that has also now been completed rounding off S55 across the board.

As mentioned above, going forward we'll be going back to our regular release schedules as we've always done, shorter releases.

We have some dynos scheduled for tomorrow and we'll be releasing very soon after. Now back to writing up release notes, there's a lot to write about this time!

will this also will come to b58 cars as well ?!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 05:16 AM   #91
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

proTUNING Freaks Seeking some clarification on the map switching functionality. In this post and Part 1 of the post it alludes to that each slot is a custom map. IMO a custom map slot includes all tables and are modifiable per slot.

The below snippet from Paul alludes to that each slot is "additive/merged" to the custom slot1 base map. If that is the case I don't see how for example Slot1=STOCK, Slot2=CS, .... is achievable since these slots cannot have differing boost and variable timing strategies according to the below.

Just seeking clarity as it will aid in how I engage my tuner for a custom tune.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.pauljohnsontunes.com/products/s55-tune

Map Switching

This is what to expect from Map Switching: Initially you’ll buy a new CustomROM tune from us, Paul and his team will work to dial the tune in on the mods and fuel type you choose. Next, you’ll have 3 additional optional slots, sold separately, to have variations of this map.

Some examples of great uses for map switching are to have street or drag map variation with torque by gear limitations for different tires or road surfaces, a kill map with higher boost/timing to be used on occasion, a daily map with reduced boost, valet, or flames map, etc.

What NOT to expect about Map Switching: These map slots are not full separate custom tunes. They only adjust certain things about the base map such as boost and timing but do not include everything that can be adjusted such as valve timing and detailed boost control, etc. Map switching is great but not as powerful or precisely adjustable as having separate tunes. Separate CustomROM maps are needed if you are wanting to fully optimize all the tables and capabilities for each specific fuel type.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by MR RIZK; 06-07-2022 at 05:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2022, 07:38 AM   #92
F80Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
proTUNING Freaks Seeking some clarification on the map switching functionality. In this post and Part 1 of the post it alludes to that each slot is a custom map. IMO a custom map slot includes all tables and are modifiable per slot.

The below snippet from Paul alludes to that each slot is "additive/merged" to the custom slot1 base map. If that is the case I don't see how for example Slot1=STOCK, Slot2=CS, .... is achievable since these slots cannot have differing boost and variable timing strategies according to the below.

Just seeking clarity as it will aid in how I engage my tuner for a custom tune.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.pauljohnsontunes.com/products/s55-tune

Map Switching

This is what to expect from Map Switching: Initially you’ll buy a new CustomROM tune from us, Paul and his team will work to dial the tune in on the mods and fuel type you choose. Next, you’ll have 3 additional optional slots, sold separately, to have variations of this map.

Some examples of great uses for map switching are to have street or drag map variation with torque by gear limitations for different tires or road surfaces, a kill map with higher boost/timing to be used on occasion, a daily map with reduced boost, valet, or flames map, etc.

What NOT to expect about Map Switching: These map slots are not full separate custom tunes. They only adjust certain things about the base map such as boost and timing but do not include everything that can be adjusted such as valve timing and detailed boost control, etc. Map switching is great but not as powerful or precisely adjustable as having separate tunes. Separate CustomROM maps are needed if you are wanting to fully optimize all the tables and capabilities for each specific fuel type.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
That comment was from the early days of custom rom. Nothing limits tuning for power across map slots.
Appreciate 2
MR RIZK756.50
TopJimmy5394.00