Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

11-14-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
Zam4su
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3, '17 F82 M4 (sold)

Seat Badges/Emblems

Has anyone had any luck exchanging the silver seat emblems/badges for the newer black ones? I believe they come on 2018 F8x M's...I tried going to BMW Gwinnett and it was an absolute headache.

I first contacted them via email, spoke with a SA, and he told me that I would have to contact BMW NA to authorize it. I contacted BMW NA, and they told me it was up to the dealership. I forwarded email over to BMW Gwinnett, and he told me to come in so they could inspect the emblems. Went in today, and he told me that his warranty manager would have to approve it.

Needless to say, of course they did not. Their reasoning was that BMW NA does an inventory check of some sort to ensure that the part that was exchanged matches what came on the car per the VIN number. I told him I would rather not exchange the silver badges for new silver ones because the same thing would happen and I left.

So I'm curious, are all BMW dealerships a pain when it comes to changing these things? Thanks everyone.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 06:49 AM   #2
I_M_Negan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zam4su View Post
Has anyone had any luck exchanging the silver seat emblems/badges for the newer black ones? I believe they come on 2018 F8x M's...I tried going to BMW Gwinnett and it was an absolute headache.

I first contacted them via email, spoke with a SA, and he told me that I would have to contact BMW NA to authorize it. I contacted BMW NA, and they told me it was up to the dealership. I forwarded email over to BMW Gwinnett, and he told me to come in so they could inspect the emblems. Went in today, and he told me that his warranty manager would have to approve it.

Needless to say, of course they did not. Their reasoning was that BMW NA does an inventory check of some sort to ensure that the part that was exchanged matches what came on the car per the VIN number. I told him I would rather not exchange the silver badges for new silver ones because the same thing would happen and I left.

So I'm curious, are all BMW dealerships a pain when it comes to changing these things? Thanks everyone.
I had mine exchanged with black ones very easily. I did this when I was in Naperville, Il @ Bill Jacobs. I told the SA, who was cool to begin with, that there were widespread reports that I read of continued cracking etc. I also told him that there was an audible whine sound when they were lot and that I read it was specific to the silver ones.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #3
Ferg
Master of my own domain!!
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/F15 X5

Century BMW (Huntsville) did mine. I did contact BMW NA, and by the time I had gone back to the dealer, they had already agreed to do the swap. I was the first to do this with them, but I know of others who went in after me who did not have to contact NA.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #4
atlf80m3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP YMB

Went to BMW Gwinnett and they replaced mine with silver ones. I was told the black ones were not vin specific to my car. I tried United Roswell too and was told the same. Good luck. You can find a set of them online for around $200 or continue to get them replaced with new silver ones until the end of your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
Zam4su
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3, '17 F82 M4 (sold)

Thanks guys, I am really hoping that they can be changed for the black ones since I hear those are not prone to exhibiting cracks like the silver ones...otherwise, I just do not see a point to get them changed and possibly have the guys screw anything up inside the car while doing it. Really appreciate both of your input.
Appreciate 0