ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

02-17-2021, 09:32 AM   #23
Rotary1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition 2019

Garage List
F80 ext warranty

So I too am in the market for a warranty. I have owned the car for 6 months (2017 F80 M3 with 28k miles, MFG warranty expires 5/2021) and I plan to keep it fully stock. I don't drive a ton but I have been doing some research based upon this thread and one other I saw: BMW offers the most expensive option for 3 more years at $5900 ($0 ded), Fidelity at 3 more years at $3300 ($250 ded), Mercury 4 more years at 40k miles additional for $2556 ($250 ded).

So the question is will Mercury pay out against a crank hub failure, or are they tough to deal with? Not sure. Any ideas out there?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 10:43 AM   #24
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary1 View Post
So I too am in the market for a warranty. I have owned the car for 6 months (2017 F80 M3 with 28k miles, MFG warranty expires 5/2021) and I plan to keep it fully stock. I don't drive a ton but I have been doing some research based upon this thread and one other I saw: BMW offers the most expensive option for 3 more years at $5900 ($0 ded), Fidelity at 3 more years at $3300 ($250 ded), Mercury 4 more years at 40k miles additional for $2556 ($250 ded).

So the question is will Mercury pay out against a crank hub failure, or are they tough to deal with? Not sure. Any ideas out there?
I called Mercury and they told me they don’t cover my car. Who did you call to get a quote?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #25
Rotary1
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quick update (after lots of research):
I just pulled the trigger with Mercury (AIS Insurance) on the 5 year, 50k mile mechanical warranty ($250 ded) for $3100. Amazing prices and I called their mechanic hotline to talk with the rep who said, we are totally fine if you take the car to BMW, we pay their rates no problem.

Use my name if you want, Michelle is a very good and helpful rep:

Michelle Hucko
Sales Representative
866-520-7335 Ext. 78236
Appreciate 2
bsmf8x777.00
brocurls263.00
      03-01-2021, 10:42 PM   #26
DuckCoverRoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 (comp)

Hi all -- I just bought a used 2018 M3 comp from a local non BMW dealership (Mercedes, actually) -- and they offered a 5 year 75k aftermarket warranty from Revolos - RPM Plus for $3,450. My car currently has around 17,500 miles on it with original warranty coverage remaining for about 23 months, so this warranty would provide an additional 36 months of coverage (or 75k miles, but I will never likely drive that much). I hadn't planned on purchasing it, but decided to buy it on a whim. I usually never buy extended warranty plans, but since this is my first performance car I got nervous about unanticipated repairs. Has anyone ever dealt with company before? I think they might have been called National insurance or something like that. The plan purportedly covers everything with a few exclusions with no deductible. Your input is greatly appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 12:05 AM   #27
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckCoverRoll View Post
Hi all -- I just bought a used 2018 M3 comp from a local non BMW dealership (Mercedes, actually) -- and they offered a 5 year 75k aftermarket warranty from Revolos - RPM Plus for $3,450. My car currently has around 17,500 miles on it with original warranty coverage remaining for about 23 months, so this warranty would provide an additional 36 months of coverage (or 75k miles, but I will never likely drive that much). I hadn't planned on purchasing it, but decided to buy it on a whim. I usually never buy extended warranty plans, but since this is my first performance car I got nervous about unanticipated repairs. Has anyone ever dealt with company before? I think they might have been called National insurance or something like that. The plan purportedly covers everything with a few exclusions with no deductible. Your input is greatly appreciate it!
This warranty company has not been on my radar nor have I heard of them... good or bad things. Do they pay shop labor rates?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 08:09 AM   #28
Rotary1
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I did some extensive research but didn't come across Revolos. As I posted earlier, I looked at several and I chose the Platinum plan from Mercury (AIS) as it covers pretty much everything. I have now (after I got the detailed information) read through the entire T&C part and the plan should cover almost anything..but the platinum will only pay 2X what one pays for the plan (so in my case $6,300 in total repair bills) which should cover a crank hub failure and then some. These plans are great for peace of mind and at least the one I purchased works out to $658/year, it is transferrable and I can cancel if I sell the car and get a pro-rated refund. I think you made the right choice getting the warranty...good luck with your new M3.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2021, 09:46 AM   #29
IVM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary1 View Post
I did some extensive research but didn't come across Revolos. As I posted earlier, I looked at several and I chose the Platinum plan from Mercury (AIS) as it covers pretty much everything. I have now (after I got the detailed information) read through the entire T&C part and the plan should cover almost anything..but the platinum will only pay 2X what one pays for the plan (so in my case $6,300 in total repair bills) which should cover a crank hub failure and then some. These plans are great for peace of mind and at least the one I purchased works out to $658/year, it is transferrable and I can cancel if I sell the car and get a pro-rated refund. I think you made the right choice getting the warranty...good luck with your new M3.
Honestly, that extended warranty doesn't seem to be worth much given they will only pay 2x what you already paid for the warranty. In all likelihood, you won't need as much in warranty repairs as you spent on the initial warranty. You've already paid half of the possible total repairs that would be covered.

In my opinion, the point of an extended warranty is primarily to insure against catastrophic failure such as needing a new engine or transmission (things that may cost many times more than you paid for the warranty).
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #30
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVM3 View Post
Honestly, that extended warranty doesn't seem to be worth much given they will only pay 2x what you already paid for the warranty. In all likelihood, you won't need as much in warranty repairs as you spent on the initial warranty. You've already paid half of the possible total repairs that would be covered.

In my opinion, the point of an extended warranty is primarily to insure against catastrophic failure such as needing a new engine or transmission (things that may cost many times more than you paid for the warranty).
I agree with this opinion. The engine or transmission having catastrophic failure are probably the two most expensive things on this car.

I think the engine itself is like almost 20K?

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 12:53 PM   #31
DuckCoverRoll
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks all. Yes - catastrophic failure what I'm concerned about the most. My prior ride was a 135is with DCT, and I had an issue with it while driving -- although nothing ended up being wrong (neither the indep technician and the BMW dealership could replicate the issue), I was told that it could be a logic controller to the DCT that needs replacement -- in which case it could cost me several thousands of dollar.

In case you're interested, this is the plan I purchased -- https://www.revolos.com/products/rpm-plus/auto/. I don't know whether they pay standard shop labor rates.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 02:29 PM   #32
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Thanks all. Yes - catastrophic failure what I'm concerned about the most. My prior ride was a 135is with DCT, and I had an issue with it while driving -- although nothing ended up being wrong (neither the indep technician and the BMW dealership could replicate the issue), I was told that it could be a logic controller to the DCT that needs replacement -- in which case it could cost me several thousands of dollar.

In case you're interested, this is the plan I purchased -- https://www.revolos.com/products/rpm-plus/auto/. I don't know whether they pay standard shop labor rates.
Read your actual contract to see if they pay shop labor rates, or else you'll be on the hook for the remaining balance.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 01:52 AM   #33
DuckCoverRoll
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
Read your actual contract to see if they pay shop labor rates, or else you'll be on the hook for the remaining balance.
I think I found it: contract says that they will pay for" labor allowances derived from current nationally recognized labor time guidelines, i.e., ALLDATA, Mitchell on Demand, or Motor." Do these labor time guidelines address whether or not they pay shop labor rates at dealerships or independent shops?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2021, 09:18 AM   #34
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
I think I found it: contract says that they will pay for" labor allowances derived from current nationally recognized labor time guidelines, i.e., ALLDATA, Mitchell on Demand, or Motor." Do these labor time guidelines address whether or not they pay shop labor rates at dealerships or independent shops?
The way I wound interpret that is if the book says it will take 4 hours but really took 8 hours, you would be on the hook for the remaining 4 hours of labor.

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 09:17 AM   #35
White340XDriveInCt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tanz M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
EasyCare. Better and cheaper than BMW extended. My SA advised me to get it over BMW on my E92 and it was great.
Here's the problem I am finding with Easy Care...

1. Phone Tree/menus are an absolute joke. Literally have to push at least 7-8 buttons before you even have the option to speak with someone. No way to request an online quote on website that I can see.
2. It says that you need to own the car already, therefore if you're just shopping for quotes on potential cars, no can do.
3. When/if you successfully navigate their phone tree, they put you on hold and it's dead silent lol. No music, no sound at all, so you almost don't even know if you're actually on hold

What was your experience/method of getting a quote, etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 05:30 PM   #36
explore.more
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

When I bought my car back in April I opted for the extended warranty through the used car dealer. It was Continental Warranty Inc, and the package that I purchased was Ultra Care w/ coverage for 60 months or 150K miles. There is a $0 deductible, and everything is covered. It even has a lifetime power train agreement after the 60 months is up. It's also a transferable contract for $125 for the next owner.
All of this was $4,500.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 04:44 PM   #37
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by explore.more View Post
When I bought my car back in April I opted for the extended warranty through the used car dealer. It was Continental Warranty Inc, and the package that I purchased was Ultra Care w/ coverage for 60 months or 150K miles. There is a $0 deductible, and everything is covered. It even has a lifetime power train agreement after the 60 months is up. It's also a transferable contract for $125 for the next owner.
All of this was $4,500.
Have you made a claim against the warranty? If so how was it, did they pay the dealer or indy rates or the standard national rate? Any deductibles?

Thx
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 02:48 PM   #38
Marioec
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

I bought Axiom Platinum Extended warranty from my BMW dealer here in Florida.
Is it possible to cancel the extended warranty after 6 month of purchace ?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 02:54 PM   #39
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioec View Post
I bought Axiom Platinum Extended warranty from my BMW dealer here in Florida.
Is it possible to cancel the extended warranty after 6 month of purchace ?
Yes, you will get a pro-rated refund, but the pro-rate in FL usually works a little different than other states. Instructions on how to cancel + information about the pro-rated refund should be in the warranty contract terms and conditions.
      10-17-2022, 11:15 PM   #40
UndeniablyT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mazdaspeed3, RX8, Civic Si

Following this thread!

Got my '18 Comp via AutoNation and cancelled the warranty within a month. I have plans to go through BMW before the factory warranty ends in February.

After reading however, seems like there may be some cheaper options available.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 08:38 AM   #41
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

no need for a a warranty on this car. easier to self insure
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 09:06 AM   #42
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
no need for a a warranty on this car. easier to self insure
I've always bought an extended service/warranty plan for my cars and they've always paid off for me. The rear diff on my F80 needed replacement and my car only had two months left on the factory warranty. If it happened after the warranty expired it would have cost me $3500 to fix. My 3rd party warranty only cost $3,200 so I would have already been ahead of the curve. These cars have way too many complicated systems to go without some sort of extended warranty.

I agree that self insuring is a good option, but how many of us actually put cash away into a piggy bank for just that reason. We usually spend it on go fast parts or CF crap.

-Cheers.
      10-18-2022, 09:17 AM   #43
kk_alpine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F80 M3

I have the Fidelity / EasyCare and am really happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 11:24 AM   #44
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeniablyT View Post
Following this thread!

Got my '18 Comp via AutoNation and cancelled the warranty within a month. I have plans to go through BMW before the factory warranty ends in February.

After reading however, seems like there may be some cheaper options available.
I think your warranty should already be expired. My warranty expires next year and I'm a 2019. Unless I can't count 2019 + 4 = 2023 and 2018 + 4 = 2022. Unless you have a CPO?

Appreciate 1
RickFLM410951.50