EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-03-2017, 11:57 PM   #1
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Has anyone every had a flash tune from this company, A-Workx, during their ED? Looking for a flash tuner around the Munich area after my ED to especially remove the Vmax (or Frankfurt area) A-workx is 30min away from the BMW Driving Academy, as I could leave my F83 there for 2 days if needed. Would the ECU/DME be re-reprogramed upon VPC processing? Here's the tuning available for BMW'S: http://www.a-workx.com/performance-p...ungen/bmw.html

As requested, I will keep this thread updated. Moderators as this is related to European Delivery, I posted in this sub-forum. I have also changed the original title from "A-Workx GmbH- ED Tune?" to European Delivery Tune- A-workx GmbH

September 4th, 2017: Within hours of contacting A-workx GmbH via their website regarding either a Power I or Power II flash tune, I received the following response:

"Hello Ibiza,
so i attached you the price for Stage I and Stage II . If any questions just ask. Normally when we go for Stage II, we also change the oil. We use a different Castrol oil, we had just positive feedback from the race track. So when you go for that Stage II, I would really recommend it J

For the Upgrade on Stage I-II I need to make the software about 3 hrs. Everything together with ECU remove and installation, it takes about 5 hrs. The airfilters are minimum necessary. Eventuri is an option for more sound ! Stage II is better to ride directly with the catless system !"

The Stage I tune is 530 PS/640 Nm (522.7 Hp/472.0 lb/ft) Stage II tune is 560 PS/690 Nm(552.3 Hp/508.9 lb/ft). Based on the attached quote (2nd page adds 19% VAT which I did not post) it appears that flash tune is the same for each stage, as the Akrapovic catless downpipes and Eventuri Carbon Intake are the difference from Stage I to Stage II. Due to the vehicle subject to US Custom inspection and VPC processing/PC pre-delivery, I will elect to have the Stage 2 mods installed stateside- M Grouppe has 15% off of Akrapovic and Eventuri products, so US price is less than German price. The BMC Sport air filters can be removed prior to my Frankfurt drop off.

I also e-mailed LEIB Engineering GmbH & Co. KG , which was on the F10 sub-post as being one of the 1st German tuners to 'crack' the F series ECU/DME, regarding a Vmax delate, flash tune and delating of anti-dazes codes and their reply is:
"Dear Ibiza,

this will be no problem. We can open the vmax limiter and do a flash tune to 510 hp and 700 Nm of Torque.
Also we can do some coding.

The price for the whole thing will be 2999€ incl. 19%.

If you have some more questions feel free to contact us."

Going to follow-up with a-workx, as I'm interested in deleting the 5AP and 8S4, as the Bimmercode app can't do this. Have to confirm that the flash tune/coding to the ECU/DME won't be recognized by the VPC BMW staff and probably need a CEL delate code if I plan on going with catless down pipes.

Also, I have located the new BMW CS carbon fiber front splitter at larger.de for € 989,00 which I'll be bringing back with me, going to inquire if they participate in VAT refunds so the currency conversion will be a wash.

September 6th, 2017:A-Workx has responded to the following questions I asked them (very quick communication):

1. Ibiza: With the Stage II Flash Tune for a ZCP vehicle, what is the max PSI? Have you had any blown engines due to a spin crank hub, as these was apparently fixed with the bedpan for the M4 GTS and M4 ZCP engine?

A-Work: Its around 23 PSI but a little bit more will work also, thatÂ's the max we go on that car ! We driving on several race tracks, and had no problems at all, just one M3 had problems with the gearbox, but BMW repaired it for free. With the tuning on the car (Stage I)

2. Ibiza: What kind of Castrol oil do you recommend?

A-Workx: We use the Castrol 10W60, you can make the oilchange after BMW has done it. Think original oil is 10W40, but with the other oil we were able to decrease the engine temperature by 10 degrees on the track.

3. Ibiza: Can you delete the CEL error code in regards to when I install the Akrapovic Catless Downpipes?

A-Workx: Yes sure we can, and if you want to we make it directly before you change them !

LEIB Engineering GmbH & Co. KG had a follow-up e-mail "Thank you for your response. How long does the tune take and would it be detected by a BMW service center?

Do you have any further information in regards to the tune, such as max PSI? Have your customers engines had blown due to the spun crank hub?" But to date, I haven't had a response to this from LEIB.

A-Workx has the following posts I found on Bimmerfest:

A-Workx drops their 560hp stage 2 M4

A-Workx shows off their modded M2

I plan on videography via DJI Osmo 4K gimbal camera and Mavic Pro, was leaning towards the Phantom 4 Pro due to the 1" camera sensor, but the body size might be a little to big to fly within the Welt.

I also highly recommend that future ED customers purchase and apply PhotoBlocker spray as Festers on Bimmerfest have received speeding tickets from the speed camera (mater of fact I was photographed this past February in France in a tunnel as the car rental company billed me a 2 months latter), use the search term: ED Speeding Tickets.

September 25th, 2017- European Delivery has occurred. Pics below.

[to be updated at a later date]

September 29th, 2017- Drop off at BLG Logistics Frankfurt. Around a mile away is BMW Neiderlassung Frankfurt which will wash you car for euro 9,90.

October 12th, 2017- After checking W&W, on the advice of kechang e-mail BLG Frankfurt and F83 has been booked on MS DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY and scheduled to arrive Brunswick, GA on 25 Oct.

March 2019 Spun the crank hub during spirted driving. Attempted to remotely reset the flash bench tune, but unfortunately I did not have the eeprom file from Aworkx. The DME was "bricked", that I had to order a new unit. The local tuner was unable to reprogram the new DME due to new software locks that BMW had and in the process of installing the new DME, never re-installed the intercooler properly that I had a leak after the car was towed from the local tuner to BMW Center. I paid out of pocket to have the crank hub fixed and BMW NA guaranteed the factory warranty. In all, it was over $10,000 to have the local tuner remove the catless DP's, attempt to reprogram the factory bench flashed DME, install a new DME and payment to local BMW center to fix the SCH. The tuner had to pay close to $2,000 for BMW to fix the intercooler leak.

I surely paid to play, as I'm done tuning. The car was a blast, but the S55 weak link of the crank hub was exposed.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ibiza; 09-06-2017 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 2
GERMAN M34176.50
      09-04-2017, 03:03 AM   #2
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Has anyone every had a flash tune from this company, A-workx, during their ED? Looking for a flash tuner around the Munich area after my ED to especially remove the Vmax (or Frankfurt area) A-workx is 30min away from the BMW Driving Academy, as I could leave my F83 there for 2 days if needed. Would the ECU/DME be re-reprogramed upon VPC processing? Here's the tuning available for BMW'S: http://www.a-workx.com/performance-p...ungen/bmw.html
wow, just tune that fucker right out of the factory huh? that's bold ... and boldness is genius.

I'll be intently following this thread and I expect UPDATES!

Appreciate 2
Ibiza3478.50
      09-04-2017, 06:18 AM   #3
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Has anyone every had a flash tune from this company, A-workx, during their ED? Looking for a flash tuner around the Munich area after my ED to especially remove the Vmax (or Frankfurt area) A-workx is 30min away from the BMW Driving Academy, as I could leave my F83 there for 2 days if needed. Would the ECU/DME be re-reprogramed upon VPC processing? Here's the tuning available for BMW'S: http://www.a-workx.com/performance-p...ungen/bmw.html
wow, just tune that fucker right out of the factory huh? that's bold ... and boldness is genius.

I'll be intently following this thread and I expect UPDATES!

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
I was expecting you to rip me a new one in regarding a mod and voiding the factory warranty. Install is only 5hrs and I'll just have done during my 2 day BMW Intensive Training for Professional Drivers at the BMW Driving Academy, as my wife can go pick the car up for me while I'm training. More info to follow with the next post. Thanks for your support!
GrussGott18113.00
      09-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #4
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was expecting you to rip me a new one in regarding a mod and voiding the factory warranty. Install is only 5hrs and I'll just have done during my 2 day BMW Intensive Training for Professional Drivers at the BMW Driving Academy, as my wife can go pick the car up for me while I'm training. More info to follow with the next post. Thanks for your support!
you know that thing where you're hanging out in the lobby and some guy walks in and immediately orders the oldest hooker in the joint?

Well.... there's a guy that knows his way around.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you know that thing where you're hanging out in the lobby and some guy walks in and immediately orders the oldest hooker in the joint?

Technically the BMW NA New Vehicle warranty is for the USA, as I could always file a claim with the ED insurance carrier as I doubt tunes/mods are prohibited and this is how the car arrived into the US.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 12:37 PM   #6
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:

Technically the BMW NA New Vehicle warranty is for the USA, as I could always file a claim with the ED insurance carrier as I doubt tunes/mods are prohibited and this is how the car arrived into the US.
Tunes and mods are prohibited. It is in the ED paperwork and it looks like it may be in the ED insurance that Starbai posted (my German is not the best though). I am sure you know the risks. As to the splitter, does not IND have it for cheaper here stateside already? I may be mistaken.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Tunes and mods are prohibited. It is in the ED paperwork and it looks like it may be in the ED insurance that Starbai posted (my German is not the best though). I am sure you know the risks. As to the splitter, does not IND have it for cheaper here stateside already? I may be mistaken.
I'm aware of the mods, consul IND has it at double the price. My luggage allowance is 6 bags between Ibiza's wife and myself (2 cases are for wine which I purchased in Sicily (July 17) are claimed as 2 of bags, having winery's shipping to my Frankfurt hotel as F83 trunk space is limited, splitter is #3, garment bag #4 and two suitcases #5 & #6).

Decieded to track the F83 at the Ring, as its open the only day I'm available- I took the 2 day BMW M Fascination Nordschleife Section Nürburgring Nordschleife ,October 2012, as my trainer was Dirk Hacker, who is now the vice-president of engineering for the BMW M division. I'll review the GoPro video I took back then, as I believe some video is on my Vimo channel.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134944.00
      09-04-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
I'm aware of the mods, consul IND has it at double the price. My luggage allowance is 6 bags between Ibiza's wife and myself (2 cases are for wine which I purchased in Sicily (July 17) are claimed as 2 of bags, having winery's shipping to my Frankfurt hotel as F83 trunk space is limited, splitter is #3, garment bag #4 and two suitcases #5 & #6).

Decieded to track the F83 at the Ring, as its open the only day I'm available- I took the 2 day BMW M Fascination Nordschleife Section Nürburgring Nordschleife ,October 2012, as my trainer was Dirk Hacker, who is now the vice-president of engineering for the BMW M division. I'll review the GoPro video I took back then, as I believe some video is on my Vimo channel.
My bad, I know you know haha you have done like 12 EDs so clearly you knew. I meant that comment more the other unexperienced people who may read this thread and think what you are doing is total normal haha. I look forward to you documenting all of this.

As to the IND thing, did not realize it was twice the price wowza, yeah I would definitely do what you are doing then.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #9
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Man, I can't wait to hear about all of this - I hope you plan to photoblog the whole thing!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 05:51 PM   #10
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Subscribed. Very intriguing. Keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #11
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My bad, I know you know haha you have done like 12 EDs so clearly you knew. I meant that comment more the other unexperienced people who may read this thread and think what you are doing is total normal haha. I look forward to you documenting all of this.

As to the IND thing, did not realize it was twice the price wowza, yeah I would definitely do what you are doing then.
This is my 3rd ED, but 6+ trip to Germany and probably 60th+ trip to Europe, as I average at least 4 vacations per year to Europe, with South Africa, South America and Asia the 5th international trip per year. Overall, this will be #8 BMW (F83) and #9 is Jan '18 (X5M), as prior to around 2010 BMW did not allow dual ED/PCD, as I opted for PCD over ED as my CA was in New York, but with a south east BMW center I can now take delivery at center if needed as this occurred with my last ED in 2014 since I had the MPE, MPPK and Performance Exterior Appearance Package, which can't be PIA for a ED vehicle. Matter of fact, the MPPK threw error codes when installed at the dealership, that the F33 had to be re-programed via cable hook-up to Germany. Thanks for the compliment
Appreciate 2
Thescout134944.00
GERMAN M34176.50
      09-25-2017, 04:42 AM   #12
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Some Tanzanite Blue pics on F83 ZCP.
Attached Images

Thescout134944.00
KevinM2931.00
GERMAN M34176.50
GrussGott18113.00
      09-25-2017, 07:55 PM   #13
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nice! Exactly what I'm getting (except no neck blowers this time)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 07:58 PM   #14
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nice! Exactly what I'm getting (except no neck blowers this time)
What's up with those neck blowers anyway? Went looking at 4er Vert for my dad a few weeks back and that was the 1st time I had noticed that action.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #15
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post

What's up with those neck blowers anyway? Went looking at 4er Vert for my dad a few weeks back and that was the 1st time I had noticed that action.
Nothing good IMO. Granted mine was one of the first set of F83 verts (but not THAT new), but the blowers sound like a cheap chinese portable fan - like almost embarrassing to turn on. Then, for my wife, the vent is higher near her head so it makes the seat uncomfortable for long road trips. Plus they look like crap to me so ... just couldn't find any reason to get them on a leased car.

But then I think I'm the only person that took the $800 for the missing pass-through in the early 'verts.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 08:17 PM   #16
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post

Nothing good IMO. Granted mine was one of the first set of F83 verts (but not THAT new), but the blowers sound like a cheap chinese portable fan - like almost embarrassing to turn on. Then, for my wife, the vent is higher near her head so it makes the seat uncomfortable for long road trips. Plus they look like crap to me so ... just couldn't find any reason to get them on a leased car.

But then I think I'm the only person that took the $800 for the missing pass-through in the early 'verts.
Aha. I thought that they looked kinda of weird and awkward. At least you don't have to get them on the new ride.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 05:46 AM   #17
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I had the neck blowers on my F33, so carried over the option to the F83. Some interior pics.
Attached Images

Thescout134944.00
      09-26-2017, 06:04 AM   #18
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Congrats. Car looks awesome
Appreciate 1
Ibiza3478.50
      09-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #19
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had the neck blowers on my F33, so carried over the option to the F83. Some interior pics.
Yeah, I might've too but working with individual kinda ran out the clock on me (with the operations committee) and my wife was against it.

So on another topic, is that silverstone? It kinda looked opal in the other pics...

Also I'm still not sure I made the right call with Tanz and blacked out everything including wheels - how's it look in person?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #20
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I might've too but working with individual kinda ran out the clock on me (with the operations committee) and my wife was against it.

So on another topic, is that silverstone? It kinda looked opal in the other pics...

Also I'm still not sure I made the right call with Tanz and blacked out everything including wheels - how's it look in person?
The interior is full Silverstone. The blacked out wheels looks stunning in person. My wife is a NCIDQ Interior Designer states that "the contrast of light metal alloy wheels with a dark color distracts your eye from the body of the car". Attached two more photos for you, as I have a rental car since yesterday
Attached Images

GrussGott18113.00
      09-26-2017, 12:35 PM   #21
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Photos of BMW Driving Academy Maisach. M Flight had a get together the past weekend.

The M4's are non ZCP (regular M compound brakes), bunch of M3's with ZCP/CCB packages for BMW Sweden Intense program today. The security training for professionals 2 day course I'm enrolled in has us in 335d, 740Ld, 730d and 750Ld. The academy has to 'rent' the M's from Garching as there are 600 vehicles stored there. Just like the US Performance Center vehicles BMW AG/Deutschland sells the Academy vehicles.
Attached Images

Thescout134944.00
GrussGott18113.00
      09-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #22
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Is this Java Green, as the BMW Driving Academy had this car on display? The instructors didn't know and the car was locked so the paint code couldn't be read from the inside the hood.
Attached Images