EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

05-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #45
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
ah. And reading the rest of this thread it appears Finnish. I grew up in MN which is chock full of finlanders (see below). Oivo and Toivo jokes ... friends with names like Tuominen ... And my favorite word is when you're "up nort" in, yes, Finland Minnesota, and you hear people asking what you're going to do on Uudenvuodenpäivä (I had to look it up, but I remembered!).

And not just finlanders. Ole and Lena jokes for the swedes. MN is chock full of them too.

Anyway, now that i know you're a finlander lander it all makes sense
Haha, now I have the perfect excuse not to make sense anymore while you are present. You have seen it all already. The jokes I do not understand, since finnish males have no sense of humor, and the ladies, well read above what Stressdoc said about running away. All in all, we fit just fine in the bmw buyer group then.

I have met one Finn here, I was throwing a ball to the Russell, and almost hit him, and while I apologized, I asked where his accent is from. His answer was grumpy "Somewhere where one doesn't get killed with tennis balls" and then I told him that I'm a Finn too. Longest sentence I have heard a male of my kin saying.

We are totally pathetic, so sorry about your past and future meetings. I promise not to talk to you, if we end up having a meet.

Btw, Great job with the uudenvuodenpäivä, can you say it also, or only write?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #46
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
The jokes I do not understand, since finnish males have no sense of humor
Well that's kinda how they got started ... you know how you go to a family event or your local and there's always that person that has the latest joke? Well in nothern MN there always Eino (or Oivo) and Toivo jokes or Ole and Lena jokes.

It's kind of a thing in MN and MI for Scandinavians to make fun of each other. You can buy mugs and t-shirts:

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:43 AM   #47
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Well that's kinda how they got started ... you know how you go to a family event or your local and there's always that person that has the latest joke? Well in nothern MN there always Eino (or Oivo) and Toivo jokes or Ole and Lena jokes.

It's kind of a thing in MN and MI for Scandinavians to make fun of each other. You can buy mugs and t-shirts:
No! Coffee cups, mugs, and such can not contain any text. It is cruelty to coffee.

After saying this, I divest mine. Still, cruel.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #48
BlackCobra08
King Cobra
Rep
Drives: incoming GTS 4.0

Quote:

Lol yea represent MN! We also have the most German decedents here than any other state.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #49
Lups
Rep

^^

I will be cruel to you both straight after this cup. No more pictures of coffee mugs with pictures. Guys, I'm serious, that will earn you both the maximum penalty as soon as I take over the universe.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #50
Lups
Rep

I'm such a joy without coffee, sorry boys.

I have to say, that the mug holds a truth. We are indeed obsessed with saunas, and I don't know anyone who hasn't got one. The craziest thing is, that we tend to use them daily, and we swim in lakes that are frozen. that picture kind of sums thing up, but still it's wrong for a mug to have text in it. Coffee should stand alone, and no humor is allowed with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #51
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We are indeed obsessed with saunas, and I don't know anyone who hasn't got one. The craziest thing is, that we tend to use them daily, and we swim in lakes that are frozen.
Yup, that's Minnesota ... mostly like Finland except fewer people speak english in MN. here's a set of wordless coffee mugs for you:

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #52
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Yup, that's Minnesota ... mostly like Finland except fewer people speak english in MN. here's a set of wordless coffee mugs for you:

Oh no, one can not mix humor and coffee! It is absolutely the worst thing to do.

My shitty week gets better and better. A prius tried to get under me on a crossroad, by changing lanes without indicators, or checking, and the man decided jumping out of the car and screaming would be fun. Oh well, I'm happy now, that I got a shit load of aggressions out, and maybe it won't end up in youtube.

He will check next time before chancing lanes, I guarantee that.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #53
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh no, one can not mix humor and coffee! It is absolutely the worst thing to do.
If feels like Portland mixes humor and everything ... including coffee and they're really good at coffee. Seattle ... now this might be heresy but I just don't feel like Seattle gets coffee anymore ... it's like they got starbucks and gave up the torch to Portland.

Vancouver, well I thought I was going to get some great coffee there but it was really hard to findl although I didn't venture away from downtown - maybe this year.

When I say "coffee" I mean espresso. It's hard to find a bad espresso in portland ... mediocre maybe but not bad.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #54
Lups
Rep

Quote:
If feels like Portland mixes humor and everything ... including coffee and they're really good at coffee. Seattle ... now this might be heresy but I just don't feel like Seattle gets coffee anymore ... it's like they got starbucks and gave up the torch to Portland.

Vancouver, well I thought I was going to get some great coffee there but it was really hard to findl although I didn't venture away from downtown - maybe this year.

When I say "coffee" I mean espresso. It's hard to find a bad espresso in portland ... mediocre maybe but not bad.
I'm limiting my idiocy to the northwest region from now on, so that the whole forum doesn't have to suffer. I agree about the coffee tough, even without colorful expressions.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #55
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
I'm limiting my idiocy to the northwest region from now on, so that the whole forum doesn't have to suffer. I agree about the coffee tough, even without colorful expressions.
Damn bimmerpost... they take us apart that easily?
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:27 PM   #56
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post
Damn bimmerpost... they take us apart that easily?
Move you German freak!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #57
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
so it's settled: M drivers meet up at Four Barrel in SF.

An alternative is Downtown Local in Pescadero at the foot of the Santa Cruz Mountains and a few miles from the ocean - lots of cool old time stuff in there including motorcycle stuff and old Mad magazines!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #58
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
so it's settled: M drivers meet up at Four Barrel in SF.

An alternative is Downtown Local in Pescadero at the foot of the Santa Cruz Mountains and a few miles from the ocean - lots of cool old time stuff in there including motorcycle stuff and old Mad magazines!
Santa Cruz sounds nice. along the coast in Marina county would be nice too
      05-23-2014, 05:46 PM   #59
tooch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

I'm hoping to take delivery around the beginning of Aug. We should set something up for late August or early Sept. I just wanna be able to take my M4 of course. All those ideas sound great. The beach, skyline rd. Pescadero's cool cause there so many different ways to get there.

96 E31 JB
07 E92 AW
F82 BSM
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #60
beckerbmw
Rep
Drives: S63 E71 BMW X6M

Mind if an X6M tags along?! Unfortunately, X5M-X6M owners post 1/100th the amount of times that you guys do.

Also, looking to install a Rear View Camera into my car (2011). Anyone have any recs on mechanics in the Bay Area?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 07:39 PM   #61
tooch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerbmw View Post
Mind if an X6M tags along?! Unfortunately, X5M-X6M owners post 1/100th the amount of times that you guys do.

Also, looking to install a Rear View Camera into my car (2011). Anyone have any recs on mechanics in the Bay Area?

Oh of course a Bmw is a Bmw. Don't know many bmw mechanics here in the bay, I try to do all my work myself.

96 E31 JB
07 E92 AW
F82 BSM
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #62
M2Crew
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Any word on when any of the local dealers will get their launch/demo cars?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #63
J_F82
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3, VIP IS250

Didn't read the entire thread but I live in Bay Area and will be interested in attending F8x meets! my car will be home early next year, I do hope they add the option for M performance exhaust tho. Looking forward to all of M family.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #64
tooch
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashoutposse View Post
Any word on when any of the local dealers will get their launch/demo cars?
Hopefully this week or next I'd think. Socal is already getting some so we're probably not far behind

96 E31 JB
07 E92 AW
F82 BSM
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #65
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerbmw View Post
Alexshop is very good for this sort of installation.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #66
330cibimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 ZCP

Any meets coming up?
Appreciate 0