proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

10-24-2022, 05:43 PM   #1
WarMachineM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Is the M2 LED steering wheel compatible with the F80?

Hi,

So, I purchased the MPE steering wheel for the M2/M2c from the F8x FB group and he told me it works and should be compatible with my F80. So, I ended up installing everything, and after testing it, my wipers go off and everything in the combo switch isn't working, including high beams, however, buttons are working on the steering wheel. I' having suspicion that the harness for the ateering wheel isn't compatible, but it looks identical and may have caused it, or a broken SZL. The wire I tapped in COM 3 pin 19 looks a little beat up now since it was tapped into. I went back to stock since, even left battery disconnected for 15 mins. Will go in to get it checked at an Indy shop. I was really looking forward into getting this installed and working. Something may have short circuited.
Appreciate 0