Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

04-18-2016, 03:45 PM   #23
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

The seats look great, enjoy.
      04-18-2016, 03:50 PM   #24
M5essex
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: RR sport SVR, Vent S, 650s spi

That looks superb! I need those wing mirrors!!

I too am happy with the exhaust and don't think I'll go the MPE route. The cp exhaust seems to get louder with time too. Even in efficient mode it sounds superb! But the cracks at 3.5k in sp+ when you lift off are brilliant. Esp in a tunnel
Gone - 2016 F80 CP, 2015 991 Turbo S, 2016 LCI M135i. 2015 F10 CP M5. 2015 X5, 2012 E92 CP M3. 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 1
      04-18-2016, 03:55 PM   #25
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Can't really see why the fuss is about. It's fine. Dropping by Andy's (dopper99) tomorrow so he can put his 10p in (especially as he's never been in one).
Really looking forward to that Guy, I'll get the kettle on.

Driving up to Warwick and back yesterday in my 335d with Bridgestone run flats - was thinking how bloody awful they are. I'm pretty sure the M3 cp won't really be any worse than mine (well not that much worse!)

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #26
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Quote:
Can't really see why the fuss is about. It's fine. Dropping by Andy's (dopper99) tomorrow so he can put his 10p in (especially as he's never been in one).
Really looking forward to that Guy, I'll get the kettle on.

Driving up to Warwick and back yesterday in my 335d with Bridgestone run flats - was thinking how bloody awful they are. I'm pretty sure the M3 cp won't really be any worse than mine (well not that much worse!)
Be interested in your opinion as well Andy especially as you are running run flats
      04-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #27
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5essex
That looks superb! I need those wing mirrors!!

I too am happy with the exhaust and don't think I'll go the MPE route. The cp exhaust seems to get louder with time too. Even in efficient mode it sounds superb! But the cracks at 3.5k in sp+ when you lift off are brilliant. Esp in a tunnel
I park a lot in a great multi storey fir the gym, standard M4 sounded incredible at cold start up. I cannot wait to rev up the CP in there, Windows will never be up
      04-18-2016, 04:56 PM   #28
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Be interested in your opinion as well Andy especially as you are running run flats
Will do Scott.

I was on the verge of changing the awful run flats (was waiting to wear them out a bit), but then Tony's deal came up and I ordered the M3. No need to change them as they've got enough tread left on them.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #29
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO

Great write up and it's looking good! Really loving the wheels now as well. I've orderd the same M Perf splitter and spoiler but I'm having the bottom lip colour coded, I was slightly concerned the splitter may sit lower than the one I have on my F30 which would have been a real problem for me anyway (ie getting over those big security bumps at certain gates) but looking at your photos I think they are about the same so should be fine. Have you cleaned the wheels yet? Is it a mission getting in the spokes?
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 01:40 AM   #30
The D.A.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Tundra, 2015 335i, 2015 R

Gorgeous car and color! Congrats on your new ride! This definitely needs to be front page.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 02:09 AM   #31
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Looks fantastic
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 02:19 AM   #32
Craig 1527
Craig
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: x3m comp

stunner
f31 335i mineral grey/coral gone but will be missed.
gone 2014 range rover sport dynamic.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 03:33 AM   #33
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Looks stunning Guy, congrats

Can't wait to see ours now...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 03:56 AM   #34
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Small detail I know, but did you ask for the front plate mount or was that just put on? I notice that some seem to have it and others just the plate.

I prefer with the plate mount and just want to make sure it's on mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #35
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Small detail I know, but did you ask for the front plate mount or was that just put on? I notice that some seem to have it and others just the plate.

I prefer with the plate mount and just want to make sure it's on mine.
Dealer specific I think but every BMW I've had in the last 5 years has had these. Looks great. I think a guy in the UK has an AW car and has painted the Reg plate on the front minimalist stylie, I love that look and worth +10hp for the weight and aero savings.

Isn't it Fecking June yet
      04-19-2016, 04:06 AM   #36
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Liking the burbles on over run.

04-19-2016, 04:49 AM   #37
Sussex_G20
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i M Sport

Looks fantastic, will keep an eye out for you around the neighbourhood...or should that be ear?

Note your test road and photo spot is the same as mine though I generally prefer sunset on the other side of the road with Belle Tout in the back ground, and as I recently discovered my sons too! Found him a photo a couple of weeks back from 1990 with a BMW 318iS, will have to dig it out when I get back to uk.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 05:42 AM   #38
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Great update Guy, seems you like it.

Look forward to catching up later!!!!

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 06:18 AM   #39
noway-85
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 - YMB delivered 1/3/16

Absolutely love that colour. Looks great with the CP rims and I love the CP seats too.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 07:09 AM   #40
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Car is gorgeous, satans look better and better with each real world siting.
The pops and burbles are ridiculous, that alone makes the comp pack worth it. Just an absolute crime BMW didn't make the standard car sound like that. Every manufacturer with a performance car sounds like that except the F8x...now that is absolute....rubbish.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #41
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Well, Guy just kindly popped around and he took me out for a spin in it.
It is a fantastic car and the colour is even more stunning than it is in the pics, simply awesome and the wheels are really nice too in the flesh.

Two of my main concerns are the ride and the exhaust noise being intrusive when pulling off the drive. Well there is nothing to worry about for either in my opinion. There is nothing "in your face" or extreme about this car.

The ride is actually quite civilised, even in Sport mode, surprisingly. Yes its firm - but I thought it would be too firm - but there isnt a lot of difference between that and my 335d with Bridgestone runflats to be honest.

As for the exhaust, well of course it sounds really good with its deep burble on the CP, but again, nothing in your face. There's a Scooby across the road from me that sounds twice and loud as the M3 (and it sounds no where near as good). It funny how they sound far better when you hear them for real against watching a youtube vid.

The seats are really nice too. You cannot tell the cut outs are there at all and they are very supportive.

And of course it goes like stink! But Guy has only 300 miles on the clock so is obviously not going to clogg it too hard just yet!

So, big thanks to Guy for popping in it was great to see you and its certainly put to rest one or two concerns I had and I'm sure you guys that are waiting for yours will feel the same way once you collect them.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 4
      04-19-2016, 12:01 PM   #42
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99
Well, Guy just kindly popped around and he took me out for a spin in it.
It is a fantastic car and the colour is even more stunning than it is in the pics, simply awesome and the wheels are really nice too in the flesh.

Two of my main concerns are the ride and the exhaust noise being intrusive when pulling off the drive. Well there is nothing to worry about for either in my opinion. There is nothing "in your face" or extreme about this car.

The ride is actually quite civilised, even in Sport mode, surprisingly. Yes its firm - but I thought it would be too firm - but there isnt a lot of difference between that and my 335d with Bridgestone runflats to be honest.

As for the exhaust, well of course it sounds really good with its deep burble on the CP, but again, nothing in your face. There's a Scooby across the road from me that sounds twice and loud as the M3 (and it sounds no where near as good). It funny how they sound far better when you hear them for real against watching a youtube vid.

The seats are really nice too. You cannot tell the cut outs are there at all and they are very supportive.

And of course it goes like stink! But Guy has only 300 miles on the clock so is obviously not going to clogg it too hard just yet!

So, big thanks to Guy for popping in it was great to see you and its certainly put to rest one or two concerns I had and I'm sure you guys that are waiting for yours will feel the same way once you collect them.
Pleasure Andy. So 500 miles now done. Average mpg from today 26.5 which is impressive as at no point was I hanging around.

Things taken from today. Bloody whistling mirror will be sorted tomorrow - can't cope with that so straight to Chandlers tomorrow morning. That's really the only negative.

Yes you can catch the suspension out and no it's not as good as the RS setup but it's closer than you'd. Where it exposes itself is when you hit bumps on corner whilst loading on outside - doesn't like it that much. I'm probably being picky and it's better than I thought it would be. As Andy will testify to, it's definitely finding traction on bumpy stuff.

I love the M1/2 buttons aka the Jeckyll and Hyde buttons. One minute all calm, next minute all hell breaks loss with pops, bangs and cracks.

Had my first play with MDM and it's lovely. Treat the car with a bit of respect but in return you get far more out of it. God knows how long my rear tyres are going to last!

Seats are fine. I've spent some 7 hours in the car. Sitting having a quick pint writing this and feel fresh as a daisy.

Oh and last thing. I have NEVER (including some nice cars I have been fortunate to own) had so many comments. Every time I stop, I get someone commenting and nothing nasty at all. Stopped for a bottle of water and chap who'd been behind me also drove in just to tell me how much he'd enjoyed the pops and bangs (had valves open and window down).
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 5
      04-19-2016, 12:26 PM   #43
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Pleasure Andy. So 500 miles now done. Average mpg from today 26.5 which is impressive as at no point was I hanging around.

Things taken from today. Bloody whistling mirror will be sorted tomorrow - can't cope with that so straight to Chandlers tomorrow morning. That's really the only negative.

Yes you can catch the suspension out and no it's not as good as the RS setup but it's closer than you'd. Where it exposes itself is when you hit bumps on corner whilst loading on outside - doesn't like it that much. I'm probably being picky and it's better than I thought it would be. As Andy will testify to, it's definitely finding traction on bumpy stuff.

I love the M1/2 buttons aka the Jeckyll and Hyde buttons. One minute all calm, next minute all hell breaks loss with pops, bangs and cracks.

Had my first play with MDM and it's lovely. Treat the car with a bit of respect but in return you get far more out of it. God knows how long my rear tyres are going to last!

Seats are fine. I've spent some 7 hours in the car. Sitting having a quick pint writing this and feel fresh as a daisy.

Oh and last thing. I have NEVER (including some nice cars I have been fortunate to own) had so many comments. Every time I stop, I get someone commenting and nothing nasty at all. Stopped for a bottle of water and chap who'd been behind me also drove in just to tell me how much he'd enjoyed the pops and bangs (had valves open and window down).
Great stuff Guy, sounds superb, assume the wind noise was just a whistling due to CF fitment? Excellent that the seats retain the same comfort but look like they do, seriously, they're like Supercar £200K + style seats in a BMW .......

...and dopper99 , come on leave him alone now man, no need to follow him too...unless he leaves the keys unprotected....
      04-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #44
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Sounds like you are having fun!