GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

03-30-2020, 09:24 PM   #23
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet11291 View Post
Jeez you guys are a tough crowd. Reason I asked was because I got the yellow start stop button and wanted to see if there’s a way to match the M1/M2 buttons to that. There’s a reason there’s aftermarket buttons of different colors and I wanted to see if there was a way to make up for the colors that aren’t available.
I would have started with this info rather than the far more general question you originally asked.

If you wanted a yellow start/stop button and matching M1 and M2 buttons, you should have gotten them from IND. Sounds way easier than what you're trying to do.

It seems like you bought a cheap yellow start/stop button, you want matching M1/M2 buttons but you don't want to pay the price for the IND set. The fact that you're asking how to paint them means that you probably shouldn't try it yourself because you'll likely ruin them. If you think $80 is too much for the full set, then you probably can't afford them. It always amazes when people try to cheap out buying cheap "mods" for their M3/M4. If you can't afford the quality stuff, don't buy the cheap stuff.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 09:58 PM   #24
blkcow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I would have started with this info rather than the far more general question you originally asked.

If you wanted a yellow start/stop button and matching M1 and M2 buttons, you should have gotten them from IND. Sounds way easier than what you're trying to do.

It seems like you bought a cheap yellow start/stop button, you want matching M1/M2 buttons but you don't want to pay the price for the IND set. The fact that you're asking how to paint them means that you probably shouldn't try it yourself because you'll likely ruin them. If you think $80 is too much for the full set, then you probably can't afford them. It always amazes when people try to cheap out buying cheap "mods" for their M3/M4. If you can't afford the quality stuff, don't buy the cheap stuff.
I’ll concede that my question maybe wasn’t worded the best way but why are you assuming the rest? I bought the IND button off a different website that didn’t list the yellow M1/M2 buttons. I thought there wasn’t a yellow option for these two buttons and wanted to match the yellow start stop button I purchased. I later found that they do in fact exist, which I acknowledged as much, but what if I wanted to make a set with different colors? God forbid someone wants something different that isn’t available.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 10:07 PM   #25
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
I’ll concede that my question maybe wasn’t worded the best way but why are you assuming the rest? I bought the IND button off a different website that didn’t list the yellow M1/M2 buttons. I thought there wasn’t a yellow option for these two buttons and wanted to match the yellow start stop button I purchased. I later found that they do in fact exist, which I acknowledged as much, but what if I wanted to make a set with different colors? God forbid someone wants something different that isn’t available.
Good luck. Don't shoot the messenger.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #26
Rantlers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E92 328i

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2007 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Check out 1st pic in this thread, maybe they can point you in the right direction:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1709630
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 07:27 AM   #27
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Crunch View Post
Quote:
Jeez you guys are a tough crowd. Reason I asked was because I got the yellow start stop button and wanted to see if there's a way to match the M1/M2 buttons to that. There's a reason there's aftermarket buttons of different colors and I wanted to see if there was a way to make up for the colors that aren't available.
I just wanted to chime in and say you're not the crazy one here for asking a good question. For some reason you've just managed to attract every sourpuss on the planet to your thread.

Sadly I can't help you on your quest beyond moral support.
Sadly this represents a majority of users in this forum.
Appreciate 1