Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

08-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #199
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Got a text from the dealer from California. He got the taxes added to the prize, and the original talked price had jumped a quite bit. With taxes he had gotten it to a nice round number 90k.

Fuck it. I think I'll just rent something fun for the trip, and I think it is quite safe to say the F8x clan and I are done: two ordered, and no outcome. Hell, August is a few hours away.

I'll flip trough the ugly line again tonight, but I think it' safe to say this whole thing has gone from shit, to worst, to epically funny, and today just made a new entry to the last category again.

If it makes you feel any better, I picked mine up today. Surely there's one close to your options sitting around somewhere?
      08-01-2014, 01:23 AM   #200
Sir Loin
M3AT LOVER
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80 M3

Quote:
Got a text from the dealer from California. He got the taxes added to the prize, and the original talked price had jumped a quite bit. With taxes he had gotten it to a nice round number 90k.

Fuck it. I think I'll just rent something fun for the trip, and I think it is quite safe to say the F8x clan and I are done: two ordered, and no outcome. Hell, August is a few hours away.

I'll flip trough the ugly line again tonight, but I think it' safe to say this whole thing has gone from shit, to worst, to epically funny, and today just made a new entry to the last category again.

Are you saying you have decided not to buy an M4 after all?
      08-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #201
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
I believe she is saying that the dealer decided to add a nice pre-christmas bonus for himself on top of the MSRP of the car. The original price was mid-70's.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 07:35 AM   #202
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
I believe she is saying that the dealer decided to add a nice pre-christmas bonus for himself on top of the MSRP of the car. The original price was mid-70's.
That's why you always have to get everything on paper.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #203
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
hmm ... that doesn't sound right at all. I'd try asking Dustin King in San Diego ... @jc05e46m3 can help you:

Quote:
Call Dustin King @ BMW of San Diego. I live in Oceanside, but only deal with them because they have taken great care of me. I also paid under MSRP. If you want details, PM me, but otherwise tell Dustin King that Jason referred you.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #204
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
hmm ... that doesn't sound right at all. I'd try asking Dustin King in San Diego ... @jc05e46m3 can help you:
I gave @Lups my contact info and never heard a word. I've been beating the same drum to everyone for months now, but only 2 guys have snatched one up since. lol
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #205
myzmak
Advocatus Douchebagus. Sex Marxist.
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:

WTF?

Well, I am getting bored of arguing about the precise meaning of every comma in a Jeremy Clarkson review so if you need someone to do some yelling and threatening of a dealer, I'm your douchebagus.

(but you aren't off the M4 altogether, right? Just accepting you won't have one for this little road trip?)

(and FWIW, there is an AY one here in Calgary that probably scratches where you itch. It is loaded. You'd have to import to USA but our dollar sucks right now so it might work out to a not-horrific price.

http://calgarybmw.ca/inventory/BMW+M...low+Met+238904

OR you could just move to Canada. then you wouldn't have to import anything.

See how well I solve your problems?)
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #206
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Guys, I don't give a flying f today abt cars. To be honest, apparently I could just fly somewhere and get one, there are stuff free around the country. I'm thinking more in the lines of taking a month off of this all, rent something and since the reason and the timeline got screwed, and because the move back home is too close already to justify this with any reason (taxes are a bitch), I'll find a new hobby.

Now, enjoy your cars and the summer. I intend to do the same, and if wind changes, I'll be back.

Cheers,

Lups
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #207
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Guys, I don't give a flying f today abt cars. To be honest, apparently I could just fly somewhere and get one, there are stuff free around the country. I'm thinking more in the lines of taking a month off of this all, rent something and since the reason and the timeline got screwed, and because the move back home is too close already to justify this with any reason (taxes are a bitch), I'll find a new hobby.

Now, enjoy your cars and the summer. I intend to do the same, and if wind changes, I'll be back.

Cheers,

Lups
So sad ... The whole waiting and fighting with dealers will wear you the F out though, I know exactly how you feel! I had a horrible experience myself I was close to giving up and just buying an M235i when the stress level was getting up there. If you wanna rent something fun I recommend you check out relayrides.com I rented a Porsche for my birthday last year through there and had a very positive experience.

Just give it some time, dealers will step off of their high horses sooner or later.
      08-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #208
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:

Cheers,

Lups
OR better: buy an e92, enjoy the sounds and emotions that the s65 will bring you (at the cost of some performance - i'll say this before someone bashes me) and then dump it and go back home

or you can find one to rent i guess
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #209
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Lups you need to empty your inbox....
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #210
UniqueCheese
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Was: F10 M5, Now: Ford F150

I also just found that your inbox is full. I was trying to tell you that there's a German car day at the Exotics show in the town center tomorrow morning. I'll be there. Hopefully you log on, see this and make it there to say hi.

I'm sorry to hear of your woes with trying to actually buy a car. It always makes me wonder why car dealers seem surprised at their reputations, and then you hear this. Yes, everyone's out to make money, but to so obviously try to screw people over seems to be terrible business practice.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #211
Ragged Edge
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16F80,TR6,Defender,PA23-250T

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
LUPS!!
I hope you are ok. You have provided me with invaluable decision making insight, hours of entertainment, and kept my fire burning for the F8X. You deserve nothing less than a manual, AY M4. Its a tough decision to let go of your dream car, because of a self-centred car dealer not realizing he is messing with someone's dream when he changes the timeline and price on you.
I've tried leaving the fold, only to return later with the same dream of an ED manual M3. I keep coming back because I can't find a car that fits the bill, and I'm not buying a second-hand performance car (not sure of the abuse and wear it might have had). I hope you can find a reason to get the car you need for your sanity. Get rid of that dull Audi!!! You are a much safer driver when you enjoy the car, instead of being bored and frustrated in the Audi. This is a mental health decision! I wish only the best for you, Lups. Next time I visit family in Vantaa or Helsinki, I hope to see a AY M4. Keep your dream.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #212
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Cheers,

Lups
totally healthy attitude Lups.

and mature.

hmmm......with that kind of attitude, maybe you have outgrown this forum?

Anyway, yup, its just a car and none of our lives should be that affected by it. One way or the other, please don't ditch us all permanently. Stay in touch.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:18 AM   #213
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
OR better: buy an e92, enjoy the sounds and emotions that the s65 will bring you (at the cost of some performance - i'll say this before someone bashes me) and then dump it and go back home

or you can find one to rent i guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
Lups you need to empty your inbox....
Yeah, made room there earlier, I just got back from a dinner held in the honor of fucked up week.

Let's put it this way, the E92 is the one for me, by want only.

I was so sure this is it the whole day, but the truth is I'm not going to let this get fucked up. I went by a Porsche dealership and couldn't even consider shit, and then I nicely decided to go see what Merc has for me, and couldn't even walk in.

I'll fucking fix this, it's not about the money, I don't even mind paying extra, I just want people to be up front about shit.

Hell, I'm not even mad, this is just so fucking funny!!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #214
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTS View Post
Sorry to hear this Lups; this must be quite a loaded F8x, may be omitting few options may work out.

It is amazing that an M3 prices reach such levels. I remember when I could not afford the E46 M3, I was quite disappointed. I think its base price was around $45K. Now we are looking double that only about a decade after. I think we are all paying too much for these cars.
In my home country the starting price for one is double easily, so I'm not even complaining about that. What fucks this up for me, is that I made an idiotic bet (not with you @wah) and I need to deliver that. Also, next time I will have an opportunity to do this kind of time off home will be years away.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #215
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueCheese View Post
I also just found that your inbox is full. I was trying to tell you that there's a German car day at the Exotics show in the town center tomorrow morning. I'll be there. Hopefully you log on, see this and make it there to say hi.

I'm sorry to hear of your woes with trying to actually buy a car. It always makes me wonder why car dealers seem surprised at their reputations, and then you hear this. Yes, everyone's out to make money, but to so obviously try to screw people over seems to be terrible business practice.
If I cry when I see an F8x, will you buy me coffee UC? I'll show up, hangover is now a goal for it, but ill be there.

I hope you will bring yours there for display. I just love your style to mod. As I have said before, you sir have style and flair, and I just am so jealous of the both. Let's have a dinner with the fiance of yours when I get back in town if we miss each other tomorrow.

Last edited by Lups; 08-02-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #216
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
I'll sort this out, but I'm so fucking mad at myself and the world, that I called a ppB (not explaining lol) night out with friends. It'll be okay as soon as I get over this whole Why the fuck can't I just buy something else- mentality.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #217
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzmak View Post
totally healthy attitude Lups.

and mature.

hmmm......with that kind of attitude, maybe you have outgrown this forum?

Anyway, yup, its just a car and none of our lives should be that affected by it. One way or the other, please don't ditch us all permanently. Stay in touch.
Hubby is too happy about the news of today. I'm getting one.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:31 AM   #218
myzmak
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Hubby is too happy about the news of today. I'm getting one.
Hooray.

I knew you were too obsessed and immature to give up because of a loser sales associate who wants to play bait and switch.

When you have found something, let us know.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #219
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RC51 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I picked mine up today. Surely there's one close to your options sitting around somewhere?
Something will come up. I'm really happy for you. You deserve to enjoy yours, and I wish you both many happy and non buzzing miles.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 12:44 AM   #220
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Quote:
In my home country the starting price for one is double easily, so I'm not even complaining about that. What fucks this up for me, is that I made an idiotic bet (not with you @wah) and I need to deliver that. Also, next time I will have an opportunity to do this kind of time off home will be years away.
Not trying to get too philosophical, but...

One of my heroes during my early 20s, Ari Vatanen, (paraphrasing) lived in a manner in which if you choose to do something, do it 100%, don't let things get in the way, or just don't do it

I never been able to live that way as I am little too risk averse (chicken in short), but I remind myself of him every time I set my mind onto something.

Best of luck...
Appreciate 0