Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

03-31-2020, 01:21 PM   #1
Matt@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: V8 tricycle

ACM | Covid-19 Discounted Crank Hub Service, Performance Package, and Vorsteiner aero

With the world on a financial hiatus, everyone is doing what they can to minimize costs and just keep getting by. We completely understand this as we are doing it ourselves as well. Being that we are lucky enough to be considered an essential business and remain open, we want to extend discounted services to you guys in this community to get more for your dollar during this trying time.

We are offering the Gintani crank hub service discounted down to $4,800 with free flatbed pickup and delivery within a reasonable proximity (PM me with your zip code for more details on discounted longer hauls) along with a free car wash and disinfectant by our in house detailers (Automotive Specialty Wraps).

Additionally, we are offering a discounted performance package at $1,990 which consists of VRSF catless downpipes, DME Stage 2 tune, and FREE OEM spark plug replacement and gapping. This bundle includes the free car wash and disinfectant as well.

10% off of all Vorsteiner carbon fiber products (in stock) and free installations.

Our detailers are also offering a Stage 2 polish and detail. Valued at $550, it is discounted down to $400

This special is only for jobs booked from April 1st to April 30th while supplies last. All prices are subject to tax.

Email:
Matt@autocouturemotoring.com
Jeff@autocouturemotoring.com

Phone:

Last edited by Matt@AUTOcouture; 03-31-2020 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 3
      03-31-2020, 02:04 PM   #2
soogoood
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

why does dme charge $850 for vrsf downpipes when they are 499?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
soogoood
Private First Class
Rep

It says right on their site when you go to purchase the Stage 2 Tune. $850 for the downpipes.

There is absolutely zero mention about labor.

Just asking.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3811.50
      03-31-2020, 05:15 PM   #4
soogoood
Private First Class
Rep

Ok 👍🏻

Does the stage 2 tune offer configurable maps and data logging?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 10:31 PM   #5
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet Black

$4800 for crank hub and install lol. Does that include a free 1998 honda civic too?

How much for install if I provide the crank hub.
Appreciate 1
LINF83852.00
      04-01-2020, 07:12 AM   #6
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Penguin View Post
$4800 for crank hub and install lol. Does that include a free 1998 honda civic too?

How much for install if I provide the crank hub.
Yes, that's the discounted price. I'm sure you are aware on how difficult it is to install the Gintani crank hub.

Which crank hub are you providing?

We do not include a 1998 Honda civic either...
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2020, 08:04 AM   #7
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@autocouture View Post
Yes, that's the discounted price. I'm sure you are aware on how difficult it is to install the Gintani crank hub.

Which crank hub are you providing?

We do not include a 1998 Honda civic either...
4800$? Feel like that’s the highest quote I have ever heard of.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #8
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmf80 View Post
4800$? Feel like that’s the highest quote I have ever heard of.
Gintani Crank Hub - $1,700.00
Full OEM BMW Gasket and hardware kit - $400.00
Oil Change - $included in hardware
Alignment - $included in Labor
Labor discounted from 24 hours to 18 hours @$150/hr - $2,700.00
+Tax ($318.00)
=5,118.00

We have done over 2 dozen of these so far with perfect results.

New Motor = $31,412.07 Only the part
RMFD Motor = $22,204.01 Only the part
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 09:44 PM   #9
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmf80 View Post
4800$? Feel like that's the highest quote I have ever heard of.
Gintani Crank Hub - $1,700.00
Full OEM BMW Gasket and hardware kit - $400.00
Oil Change - $included in hardware
Alignment - $included in Labor
Labor discounted from 24 hours to 18 hours @$150/hr - $2,700.00
+Tax ($318.00)
=5,118.00

We have done over 2 dozen of these so far with perfect results.

New Motor = $31,412.07 Only the part
RMFD Motor = $22,204.01 Only the part
LOL you guys need to hire some new grease monkeys.
Alignment? Stop dropping the motors. Why are you disconnecting any of that. None of it is required.
In what world does it take that many hours 😂😂😂
I would just hope you're misinformed or just a bad salesman.

I have an insane performance hub. Best of them all and a fraction of the price.

We all know the skill required to install stop acting like your mechanics are doctors

Just imagine how many jobs you would actually get if you price wasn't almost double of every single other shop in tristate.
Appreciate 1
LINF83852.00
      04-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #10
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep

Oh and btw Im on Long Island. I live near Petrol werks. Ive watched them on instagram do 2-3 of these crank hub jobs a WEEK for the past 2-3 years.
Maybe you need to reconsider your prices...you would do more than just a couple dozen, and wouldnt have to charge rape pricing to make up for the lack of work.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 09:57 PM   #11
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
Oh and btw Im on Long Island. I live near Petrol werks. Ive watched them on instagram do 2-3 of these crank hub jobs a WEEK for the past 2-3 years.
Maybe you need to reconsider your prices...you would do more than just a couple dozen, and wouldnt have to charge rape pricing to make up for the lack of work.
Outstanding .. well said.
ACM is known to charge well above market pricing.
Appreciate 1
dwz99.50
      04-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #12
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Quote:
LOL you guys need to hire some new grease monkeys.
Alignment? Stop dropping the motors. Why are you disconnecting any of that. None of it is required.
In what world does it take that many hours 😂😂😂
I would just hope you're misinformed or just a bad salesman.

I have an insane performance hub. Best of them all and a fraction of the price.

We all know the skill required to install stop acting like your mechanics are doctors

Just imagine how many jobs you would actually get if you price wasn't almost double of every single other shop in tristate.
Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 10:17 AM   #13
raym3cs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino M3CS

lol i got quoted 5k for a crank hub job from ACM
even when i was supplying the crank hub lol :

i had a very reputable shop install the crank hub, vtt bolt capture, and NGK spark plugs for way under that price
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 10:27 AM   #14
FatRear08
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Thanks for your input.
I’m going to give you a by the way too...I’m sure the petrol place is a great shop. They have a tasty looking Instagram page as do you. So on that topic, the above poster said he watched them do 2-3 a week for the past 2-3 years, on Instagram. I’m no mathematician but that can range between 208-468 crankhubs done. Maybe they did and well done if so, but a quick check on insta I could only find 3 mentioned from today back to the beginning of 2019. I didn’t go any further. Maybe I missed a few...7 maybe? Call it 10. You’re a gentleman for thanking him for his input.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 10:44 AM   #15
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raym3cs View Post
lol i got quoted 5k for a crank hub job from ACM
even when i was supplying the crank hub lol :

i had a very reputable shop install the crank hub, vtt bolt capture, and NGK spark plugs for way under that price
The VTT Splinelock crank hub w/ capture bolt is roughly 2 days of work. If you had called before our labor rate changed this job would cost you $2,700 in labor. Even with our updated labor rate this would put you at $3,000. Even with the miscellaneous OEM replacement hardware that we change during the job, this would not equate to $5,000.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 10:53 AM   #16
jeff@autocouture
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
I’m going to give you a by the way too...I’m sure the petrol place is a great shop. They have a tasty looking Instagram page as do you. So on that topic, the above poster said he watched them do 2-3 a week for the past 2-3 years, on Instagram. I’m no mathematician but that can range between 208-468 crankhubs done. Maybe they did and well done if so, but a quick check on insta I could only find 3 mentioned from today back to the beginning of 2019. I didn’t go any further. Maybe I missed a few...7 maybe? Call it 10. You’re a gentleman for thanking him for his input.
I appreciate your praise. By no means do we have any input on what Petrol is doing in Long Island. I'm incredibly happy for them if they are performing 2-3 of these jobs per week as i'm sure that is great for business. We pride ourselves on doing high quality work and will continue to do so.
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2020, 02:06 PM   #17
Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for your input.
I'm going to give you a by the way too...I'm sure the petrol place is a great shop. They have a tasty looking Instagram page as do you. So on that topic, the above poster said he watched them do 2-3 a week for the past 2-3 years, on Instagram. I'm no mathematician but that can range between 208-468 crankhubs done. Maybe they did and well done if so, but a quick check on insta I could only find 3 mentioned from today back to the beginning of 2019. I didn't go any further. Maybe I missed a few...7 maybe? Call it 10. You're a gentleman for thanking him for his input.
Maybe dont be so ignorant. Everyone in the tristate area with a brain knows to avoid ACM. All they do is over charge for every single thing.
They charge more than some dealers do ironically. These are facts not a debate.
I dont have anything to gain here, im not a competing shop, Im an enthusiast who refuses to get raped by scam artists.

And btw bud, give Petrol a follow. I do not exaggerate, maybe you need a lesson on instagram, how stories work, expire and so forth.

Acm just be honest you're either incompetent, or scam artists. Id say both.

Pullin the motor for no reason.

Charging labor hours based on bmws bs guide, that has no basis in reality.

In the end, we're all going to make our own decisions on where to bring our own cars.

You just need to ask yourself-
if this shop is charging double the price of literally every other shop in the area, then whats the reason?
They must be performing magic.

Appreciate 1
dwz99.50
      04-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #18
raym3cs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino M3CS

Quote:
The VTT Splinelock crank hub w/ capture bolt is roughly 2 days of work. If you had called before our labor rate changed this job would cost you $2,700 in labor. Even with our updated labor rate this would put you at $3,000. Even with the miscellaneous OEM replacement hardware that we change during the job, this would not equate to $5,000.
i never stated i had the VTT crank hub installed

i have a Maximum PSI crank hub purchased from SSR performance

also it was Jeff i spoke to on the phone

Jeff also stated they refuse to do Max PSI crank hubs because people are still spinning the hubs.. to which i could not find a single post or proof of happening

i remember the whole conversation clearly.. simply because i couldn't believe the price i was quoted

and the LABOR rate change claim is total BS

i phoned a couple of friends right after and we had a good laugh
Appreciate 1
dwz99.50
      04-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #19
FatRear08
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Maybe dont be so ignorant. Everyone in the tristate area with a brain knows to avoid ACM. All they do is over charge for every single thing.
They charge more than some dealers do ironically. These are facts not a debate.
I dont have anything to gain here, im not a competing shop, Im an enthusiast who refuses to get raped by scam artists.

And btw bud, give Petrol a follow. I do not exaggerate, maybe you need a lesson on instagram, how stories work, expire and so forth.

Acm just be honest you're either incompetent, or scam artists. Id say both.

Pullin the motor for no reason.

Charging labor hours based on bmws bs guide, that has no basis in reality.

In the end, we're all going to make our own decisions on where to bring our own cars.

You just need to ask yourself-
if this shop is charging double the price of literally every other shop in the area, then whats the reason?
They must be performing magic.

So I didn’t realize this was going to become a condescending, name calling session now. In my previous post I don’t recall being such...as I had nothing bad to say abt you or your favorite garage. But you insist on being what you are with your attitude. Forgive me, maybe there’s a backstory here I don’t know about, a personal backstory, which may fuel some anger from the past and now towards me because I choose to defend them. I’ll look past it. As far as Instagram, I’ll be sure to follow Petrol more closely and look at all they do, but I’ll take your advice under advisement but not as serious. In any event, the work ACM does is above and beyond anyone’s expectations who take their vehicle or vehicles seriously. The customer base and the cars that enter and exit that shop speak for itself. If what you say is true that everyone with a brain in the tri-state knows to avoid ACM, then I guess we have a shitload of zombies taking their rides there. On that note, I’ll call myself brainless but my car is hooked up perfectly for me with no complaints in price, work performed, or customer service. In the end we’re all on the same damn team as car enthusiasts...so enjoy the empty roads and be safe.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 05:40 PM   #20
BMWM5NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 Monte Carlo Blue M5

Quote:
So I didn’t realize this was going to become a condescending, name calling session now. In my previous post I don’t recall being such...as I had nothing bad to say abt you or your favorite garage. But you insist on being what you are with your attitude. Forgive me, maybe there’s a backstory here I don’t know about, a personal backstory, which may fuel some anger from the past and now towards me because I choose to defend them. I’ll look past it. As far as Instagram, I’ll be sure to follow Petrol more closely and look at all they do, but I’ll take your advice under advisement but not as serious. In any event, the work ACM does is above and beyond anyone’s expectations who take their vehicle or vehicles seriously. The customer base and the cars that enter and exit that shop speak for itself. If what you say is true that everyone with a brain in the tri-state knows to avoid ACM, then I guess we have a shitload of zombies taking their rides there. On that note, I’ll call myself brainless but my car is hooked up perfectly for me with no complaints in price, work performed, or customer service. In the end we’re all on the same damn team as car enthusiasts...so enjoy the empty roads and be safe.
Every time I read one of his posts in an ACM thread I get the vibe , that one of the guys there stole his girlfriend back in high school or something. You can actually feel the "hate" oozing off the computer screen. LOL There is definitely something "personal" going on with this situation.
      04-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #21
RElias21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 30 Jahre M3

I think I'm most shocked by the $150/hr labor.
That's more than the stealership! Sheesh!!!

Nice that you're trying to discount, but that doesn't change the fact that your hourly rate itself prices out a lot of customers.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 01:26 PM   #22
Baggedm4F83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 F83

lol if that’s discounted I don’t want to see the full price jeez
Appreciate 0