GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

07-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #1
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Ultimate Care Scheduled

So, it seems BMW has added a new Ultimate Care tier...Ultimate Care Scheduled. For the M4, this appears to be to 5 years or 75k miles and available for $899.

That seems reasonable to me for what will be an extra two spark plug changes. My understanding is that this doesn't include the brakes. My brakes could well last to 75k or more, so this is intriguing.

Can anyone provide color on this?

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 6.53.36 PM.png
Views: 2173
Size:  119.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 07:30 PM   #2
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F83 ZCP 6MT | F/A-18E

Bump; so this includes oil/filter, microfilter, airfilter, brake fluid and spark plugs? Almost pays for its self?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #3
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmnelson12 View Post
Bump; so this includes oil/filter, microfilter, airfilter, brake fluid and spark plugs? Almost pays for its self?
That's what I've been told and sold...I bought it at $899...figured it was a great deal because I'll deifnitely get 2 spark plugs, a differential change, maybe 2 brake fluids and 4, possibly 5 oil changes. I take mine in at about 2000-1500 miles before scheduled service...so I time it early.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 12:58 AM   #4
ChrisSTR
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M4 coupé

Quote:
In Switzerland we have the 10 years free service, and its not included the carbon brakes and the cost for the fluids. For example, you pay for brake fluid but not the BMW garage to change them
      06-06-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82PRETEND View Post
That's what I've been told and sold...I bought it at $899...figured it was a great deal because I'll deifnitely get 2 spark plugs, a differential change, maybe 2 brake fluids and 4, possibly 5 oil changes. I take mine in at about 2000-1500 miles before scheduled service...so I time it early.
List up there is generic with 5 years 75k miles, that doesn't apply here since our cars are 10k miles per year meaning in 5th year it's maxed out at 50k miles.

You won't get second spark plugs, that's 6th year or 60k service meaning CBS counter 6. It doesn't help that you're going in early, CBS counter will run out at 5th or 2nd extra service you got there.

Everything else you mentioned should be included and with Bmw prices it seems to be a good deal if you have to service it there due to extended warranty or something like that.
Getting extra 2 oil changes (5 total), microfilter in 4th, diff fluid in 5th year along with brake fluid.
Doing those 2 extra services somewhere else could be around $500-$600 give or take.
DIY would be around $350 since it's all basic fluid and filters replacements.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82///M View Post
List up there is generic with 5 years 75k miles, that doesn't apply here since our cars are 10k miles per year meaning in 5th year it's maxed out at 50k miles.

You won't get second spark plugs, that's 6th year or 60k service meaning CBS counter 6. It doesn't help that you're going in early, CBS counter will run out at 5th or 2nd extra service you got there.

Everything else you mentioned should be included and with Bmw prices it seems to be a good deal if you have to service it there due to extended warranty or something like that.
Getting extra 2 oil changes (5 total), microfilter in 4th, diff fluid in 5th year along with brake fluid.
Doing those 2 extra services somewhere else could be around $500-$600 give or take.
DIY would be around $350 since it's all basic fluid and filters replacements.
My understanding is that it covers all services the car says are needed up until 75k miles or 5 years. My car had it's 30k plugs at 18k and will have it's 60k plugs at 41k. This is because my car had it's first 10k service at the same time as break in because it sat on the lot forever. I wasn't supposed to get to my first post-break in rear diff service in the first 3/36k and I did...I assume it works the same for this contract. Nevertheless, I just ordered an M2C for September ED...likely won't have the car long enough to find out what I get out of it...thankfully it does transfer to next owner who should get some benefit!

Last edited by Fugly M3; 06-06-2020 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #7
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My understanding is that it covers all services the car says are needed up until 75k miles or 5 years. My car had it's 30k plugs at 18k and will have it's 60k plugs at 41k. This is because my car had it's first 10k service at the same time as break in because it sat on the lot forever.
It all depends on where CBS sits right now. If they recorded run in and 1st oil change as a run in you might be the only one here having 1 extra service which is great.
If they have that first service recorded as CBS #1 and not run in then you're same as rest of us and on year 5 it's game over. Year 6 is spark plugs.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #8
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It all depends on where CBS sits right now. If they recorded run in and 1st oil change as a run in you might be the only one here having 1 extra service which is great.
If they have that first service recorded as CBS #1 and not run in then you're same as rest of us and on year 5 it's game over. Year 6 is spark plugs.
Right, but I'm trending at 15-18k miles a year, not 10k.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 02:24 PM   #9
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Right, but I'm trending at 15-18k miles a year, not 10k.
Car asks for service at 10k or 1 year so you'll be servicing it due to mileage meaning your last payed service will be at 50k miles most likely or 60k miles if they made a mistake and gave you freebie. It's a bigger chance your first service was recorded as regular service.

Just trying to say there's no 75 000miles or 5 years in F80.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 02:37 PM   #10
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Car asks for service at 10k or 1 year so you'll be servicing it due to mileage meaning your last payed service will be at 50k miles most likely or 60k miles if they made a mistake and gave you freebie. It's a bigger chance your first service was recorded as regular service.

Just trying to say there's no 75 000miles or 5 years in F80.
I understand that...but the service covers up to 75k miles or 5 years, whichever is first...in this case it will be the 75k. See the below:

3 The BMW Ultimate Care Program covers all factory-recommended scheduled maintenance services as determined by the Service Interval Indicator for all new eligible model year 2017 and later BMW vehicles. Specific additional items that need replacement due to normal wear and tear are not covered. The maintenance coverage period is for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Exclusions from coverage include: gasoline, gasoline additives, windshield washer fluid, fluid top-offs, battery, tires, wheels and wheel alignment, and wear-and-tear items such as brake pads, brake rotors, wiper blades, clutches and tire balancing. All work must be performed by an authorized BMW Center. See the Service and Warranty Information booklet for specific terms, conditions and limitations. BMW Ultimate Care+ availability varies by model. BMW vehicles equipped with Carbon Ceramic brakes are not eligible for BMW Ultimate Care+ upgrades or extensions. Further information can also be obtained from your authorized BMW Center.

What this means is that the service indicator determines when the car gets serviced, not the year. In other words if the car says 10 services in 3 years, you get all of them. If you extend that, you get all of them. Whatever the car says it needs up until 75k or 5 years. That was my understanding per the person selling it to me and per my service advisor. If it gets to that point and it's not, I'll raise a little hell and get something. I am not worried about it at all.

Last edited by Fugly M3; 06-06-2020 at 02:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 03:38 PM   #11
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
See the Service and Warranty Information booklet for specific terms, conditions and limitations.

What this means is that the service indicator determines when the car gets serviced, not the year. In other words if the car says 10 services in 3 years, you get all of them. If you extend that, you get all of them. Whatever the car says it needs up until 75k or 5 years. That was my understanding per the person selling it to me and per my service advisor. If it gets to that point and it's not, I'll raise a little hell and get something. I am not worried about it at all.
If the car says 10 services (that's 100k miles) in 3 years, only first 3 will be free, customer pays other 7.
Your deal sounds like a deal of the century, 75k miles translates to 7 and a half free services in F8X since it needs one every 10k miles. For $900 that's 4.5 extra services. It's unbelievable
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #12
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
If the car says 10 services (that's 100k miles) in 3 years, only first 3 will be free, customer pays other 7.
Your deal sounds like a deal of the century, 75k miles translates to 7 and a half free services in F8X since it needs one every 10k miles. For $900 that's 4.5 extra services. It's unbelievable
Again, it's not 100k miles. It's when the light goes on. If that happens at 8200 miles, you get it serviced. After a few of those you're well ahead of the game. I've been told and reassured this is how it works. Perhaps it doesn't work that way up North, but that's how I understand it and how it has been represented.

Additionally, two thing. First, if it were only going to be 5 services total...why would it even go to 5 years or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first. 75,000 miles could never come first...does that make sense? Second, the cost at the dealer for 2 oil changes and differential change are probably over $899 including tax, so I am already there with your 4th and 5th service theory, so I am already there. Anything else is gravy. I'm not too concerned about it!

Last edited by Fugly M3; 06-06-2020 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 06:37 PM   #13
F82///M
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Again, it's not 100k miles. It's when the light goes on. If that happens at 8200 miles, you get it serviced. After a few of those you're well ahead of the game. I've been told and reassured this is how it works. Perhaps it doesn't work that way up North, but that's how I understand it and how it has been represented.

Additionally, two thing. First, if it were only going to be 5 services total...why would it even go to 5 years or 75,000 miles, whichever comes first. 75,000 miles could never come first...does that make sense? Second, the cost at the dealer for 2 oil changes and differential change are probably over $899 including tax, so I am already there with your 4th and 5th service theory, so I am already there. Anything else is gravy. I'm not too concerned about it!
You might be right, couldn't find any info about limitations for specific models as if there's a maximum allowed number of services, just so no one would abuse the system servicing early. If there is any, it should be in your contract.
We up north are still having an old 4 year or 50k miles and they do offer extended plans but nothing like this.

From the beginning thought 75k was generic mileage because of other models which usually have 15k miles or even 19k miles service intervals and it wouldn't apply to F8X. I tried using different models on website and oher plans on left side of the page do change the price but Ultimate Care Scheduled is always $899 no matter if it 2 series or M6 selected.
It could be that so many owners are actually servicing by elapsed time instead of mileage and Bmw makes enough of money on them buying this plan since they'll be able to use 1 or 2 services only.

Still looks unbelievable, especially when you put it on paper. Getting that plan with brand new M4 and servicing every 8k miles gives you 9 services for $899. If they would charge those extra services included in the plan individually it would be over $4000 for sure. Great deal for those who drive lots of miles.
I assume others as well didn't believe if this is the real deal or not since no one else commented on it.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2020, 07:05 PM   #14
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You might be right, couldn't find any info about limitations for specific models as if there's a maximum allowed number of services, just so no one would abuse the system servicing early. If there is any, it should be in your contract.
We up north are still having an old 4 year or 50k miles and they do offer extended plans but nothing like this.

From the beginning thought 75k was generic mileage because of other models which usually have 15k miles or even 19k miles service intervals and it wouldn't apply to F8X. I tried using different models on website and oher plans on left side of the page do change the price but Ultimate Care Scheduled is always $899 no matter if it 2 series or M6 selected.
It could be that so many owners are actually servicing by elapsed time instead of mileage and Bmw makes enough of money on them buying this plan since they'll be able to use 1 or 2 services only.

Still looks unbelievable, especially when you put it on paper. Getting that plan with brand new M4 and servicing every 8k miles gives you 9 services for $899. If they would charge those extra services included in the plan individually it would be over $4000 for sure. Great deal for those who drive lots of miles.
I assume others as well didn't believe if this is the real deal or not since no one else commented on it.
Yea, I think that's exactly it. Most people will not use it. Most people also don't know that the service light will come on at exactly 2000km to go and time their servicing to be there the moment that happens as I do. I also got one service done at 4000 to go (coinciding with warranty work) and another at 1500 miles to go but light not on yet. I've been doing it like this for a while on BMWs. When I had to pay for my services...like on the 987.2 I had or on the Ford Explorers I buy for my mom, it's when the service is actually needed...T-0 miles!
Appreciate 1
F82///M77.00
      06-22-2020, 04:08 PM   #15
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

When is the differential “scheduled” change supposed to happen? Also do you think a coolant flush and manual gear box fluid change is covered under this?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 05:28 PM   #16
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
When is the differential “scheduled” change supposed to happen? Also do you think a coolant flush and manual gear box fluid change is covered under this?
I don't know on the coolant or manual gearbox fluid. Below are the service intervals up to year 6/72k miles. The differential scheduled is at break-in and then every 5th service, as I understand it.

Name:  M4 Service Intervals.jpeg
Views: 1593
Size:  451.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 05:32 PM   #17
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

For the “m power” break-in service, I see it listed under maintenance performed (oil, diff only / No manual gear box), but it doesn’t count against the CBS counter right?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 05:42 PM   #18
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
For the “m power” break-in service, I see it listed under maintenance performed (oil, diff only / No manual gear box), but it doesn’t count against the CBS counter right?
My understanding is that the break-in service actually does have a manual transmission fluid change, but yes does not count against the CBS counter, except in my case it did, because the car sat for a while and both services happened at once as far as the car was concerned.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 03:43 AM   #19
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea, I think that's exactly it. Most people will not use it. Most people also don't know that the service light will come on at exactly 2000km to go and time their servicing to be there the moment that happens as I do. I also got one service done at 4000 to go (coinciding with warranty work) and another at 1500 miles to go but light not on yet. I've been doing it like this for a while on BMWs. When I had to pay for my services...like on the 987.2 I had or on the Ford Explorers I buy for my mom, it's when the service is actually needed...T-0 miles!
When you say the light comes on at 2000km, do you mean km (~1240 miles) or 2000 miles? If so, I am going in at 8000 miles every time
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 08:39 PM   #20
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

And I just pulled the trigger on the scheduled maintenance program, super pumped about it!
Appreciate 2
Fugly M34910.00
Nitrile19.00
      06-23-2020, 09:31 PM   #21
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
And I just pulled the trigger on the scheduled maintenance program, super pumped about it!
I think it is definitely worth it. I know there was a bit of a back and forth above about whether it really goes to all services up to 5 years/75k miles as I believe it does...even if it doesn't, it pays for itself. I can also have my VIN checked to see if it's still active because I'd be past the "fifth service" and also could just post here at the next one this fall if it's no longer active. If you're under 3/36 at that point, you could cancel for refund. I don't think you'll have to worry about it though!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #22
Fat Goose
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I just read all the fine print, no mention about over the five services, just the 60 months/75,000 miles and what is prescribed for service in the manual. This being my second BMW, first M car, and using the BMW service for years, this is going to pay for it self in two visits, im up for my 3rd oil change. Now do you know the timing/mileage when the “light” goes on to get serviced? Trying the decrease my interval between each visit
Appreciate 0