GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-24-2022, 11:23 AM   #23
kosd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4 Convertible

I did this without removing the headrest. I used a plastic pry tool to pull the emblem out, stretched the cable to give myself room to work, clipped it and installed the new pins/connector, plugged in the new ones and popped back in. It was a bit tricky because the wires are thin so crimping the pins on them is a challenge but over all it probably took me an hour or so to do both sides.

Kies motorsports has a recently updated video showing some of these steps though not on the F83.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 05:07 PM   #24
slowpokemd
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 convertible

What a difference, looks great! I may consider this... Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2022, 08:08 PM   #25
jmcmathortho
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2016 M4 Vert

I have the emblems ordered for my F83 headrest... expensive though $140 each!!! I was able to pop the passenger seat headrest emblem out without too much difficulty and noticed that the seam in the plastic emblem between the from half and back half was able to be popped open revealing to circuit board and the two wires soldered to it. I was able to mobilize about 2.5 inches from the hole in the headrest to the back of the plastic housing but if I clipped the wires at the circuit board I would get another inch or so to use to splice the new emblem in place. This will certainly probably be much easier than opening up the seat, clipping the zip tie, removing the headrest, opening the headrest and reassembling everything.

It would be really slick if someone just made a changeable plastic cover to replace the cracked one.
Appreciate 0