proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

10-17-2016, 09:24 PM   #23
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Yes, people say the new M4 with performance pack feels like a M2 but the price is so much higher. I figured he can save $ by going M2 which is tad smaller and drives better on the track unless he is very good.

As for Porsche, the 991 is so much nicer. The 996/997 is too expensive when you figure maintenance and repair cost if something fails. All you get is more steering feel but so much more going against it such as pendulum effect to the max for novice drivers, dated interior, small brakes, bad finance rates on used car, and crappy stereo and poor NVH compared to the 991.

Lease is too expensive unless there is a business write-off. My vote is M2 or between the two the 991.
The steering feel and that effect are pretty key reasons though. Classic 911 characteristics. At least I didn't suggest "air cooled or bust".. If you are going for "feel" you might as well go all in, IMHO
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 10:52 PM   #24
Cajun1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4!

I found myself in a similar situation 2 years ago after ordering a 2015 M4 but still curious about a CPO 991.1 C and CS. Damn the 911's are beautiful cars! After numerous test drives, I came to the conclusion that the everyday fun factor was higher in the M4. The low end torque tipped the scale. The BMW was also much less expensive to own, considering maintenance, warranty and depreciation.
The support on the forums is great and when track days roll around, I know the car will handle it with no problem.
The only thing that I'd trade the M4 for would be a 991.2 CS and that's in a much different price range.
Owning either one of the cars you're considering is a dream for many so enjoy!
Appreciate 0