Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Yesterday, 10:20 PM   #12585
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I see them mainly on the freeways between Rancho Cucamonga and City of Industry. The Dravit Gray I saw on the 5 freeway in O.C.
Here in the East Bay in Norcal, I've seen maybe 3 since launch. Another 2 at different car meets. To be fair, they are about as rare as F80s. I do see more F80s but that's to be expected.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan13039.00
      Yesterday, 11:16 PM   #12586
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_M3 View Post
Here in the East Bay in Norcal, I've seen maybe 3 since launch. Another 2 at different car meets. To be fair, they are about as rare as F80s. I do see more F80s but that's to be expected.
I drive daily around Mountain View, cupertino, palo alto, Los Gatos, etc on 101 & 280, a lot of El Camino, et al and frequently drive past BMW Mountain View & BMW Stevens Creek ... I haven't seen any G8x and only 2 G3x.

And, BTW, I see multiple F8x daily: I see them parked on the steets, in driveways, being detailed, and on the road. Just saw a Sakhir Orange in the Walgreens parking lot in Redwood City. A day doesn't go by where I don't see at least one.

Now I'm on my third run up the West Coast this year and yet again I've seen X5Ms, M8s, Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens, etc (and oddly a shit ton of Alpha Gs this time - they're all over) but zero G3/8x. An Alpine F8x all modded out cut me off on the freeway. I was cool with it.

Anyway, whereever Sedan_Clan is seeing the G8xs, that's about the only place they are because unless people are lying, they're pretty rare.
Appreciate 0