proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

11-10-2022, 01:42 PM   #1
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80

Carbon Culture UK - Terrible Experience

Their IG is @carbon_cultureuk

I purchased a set of dechromed hood and trunk roundels from them early/mid October and it took over 2 weeks to start even producing them. All said and done, it took about a month after my payment was sent (165 GBP total) before I actually received them.

After receiving the package and inspecting them, both roundels have pitting on the edges. I reached out to the seller same day and he came back with how I should have checked for damage upon delivery and signing (no sig required on this), and even then do people open a package before signing off? They're saying that the damage is microblistering which is caused by heat during shipment and it's out of their hands. I'm not an expert and did some google searching and it looks like pitting, not blistering, which is caused by the painter.

Here's some pictures for reference:

All they've offered is 25% discount on another set I'd have to order, or I send these back to the UK and get another set shipped to me but the additional shipping both ways is not covered.

Overall, I'm pretty unhappy with how all this went down and shoulda just stuck with tried and true IND which is what I've done in the past. I just wanted to share and potentially get some feedback from others so this issue doesn't happen to anyone else.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 07:33 PM   #2
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

can't file anything with your cc?

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 02:47 AM   #3
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
can't file anything with your cc?
Already started a dispute with Paypal. I just wanted to share my experience so others don't suffer the same issues
Appreciate 1
to_riffic3023.50
      12-09-2022, 10:52 AM   #4
louielouie
Major
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: Dispute was ruled in my favor but I had to ship back the roundels to get the refund which ended up costing ~$40 out of pocket. It's only $40 but kinda bs when the seller mailed me a poor product to begin with.

Whole ordeal ended up being a waste of time of my time and money. Avoid this seller.
Appreciate 0