Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

08-15-2022, 12:38 PM   #1
Shysm3CS
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3cs

Best tires for the winter

What are you all running in the winter in the pnw? I was thinking about purchasing a set of all seasons for my m3 but wasn't sure if they were any better than the 4s?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 11:07 PM   #2
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

What area do you live? Unless you get a fair amount of snow, I don't see a reason. I've only ever used PS4S and had zero issues. Driven on them in the 30s countless times. Even some dips into the 20s.

Currently have Toyo R888R, but it's not my daily.
      08-15-2022, 11:46 PM   #3
Shysm3CS
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3cs

I live in Wilsonville just south of Portland.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2022, 05:37 AM   #4
ejinm4
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 f82

currently running the vredestein wintrac pros since we’ve dropped to around 30-40s in seattle. couldn’t get my hands on michelin pa4s so I chose these but have no complaints so far for wet grip and dry handling!
Appreciate 1
      11-08-2022, 02:31 PM   #5
RhinoComp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition 6MT

I've got some Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 on 437Ms getting to me tomorrow. Probably won't mount them until next week since the weather seems to be getting nice (though cold) for the rest of this week anyway. I'll try to report back on how they handle our winter in the Seattle area.

My first choice of tire was the Michelin PA5s, but they seem to be backordered into oblivion already. The Avants members convinced me to try out the Hakkas though.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 07:45 PM   #6
ejinm4
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 f82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoComp View Post
I've got some Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 on 437Ms getting to me tomorrow. Probably won't mount them until next week since the weather seems to be getting nice (though cold) for the rest of this week anyway. I'll try to report back on how they handle our winter in the Seattle area.

My first choice of tire was the Michelin PA5s, but they seem to be backordered into oblivion already. The Avants members convinced me to try out the Hakkas though.

It seems like PA5s and PA4s are literally out of stock everywhere, they were my first choice too sadly couldn't get it
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 09:04 PM   #7
RhinoComp
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealmilk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoComp View Post

It seems like PA5s and PA4s are literally out of stock everywhere, they were my first choice too sadly couldn't get it
Yeah the PA5 would be the perfect tire for this area. I finally got my car back from BMW Seattle today and I'll likely put the Hakkas on early next week!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 10:48 AM   #8
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 6MT / '16 F31

Garage List
Yo my dude - do yourself a favor and snag this set of winter wheels & tires. I shared it with all my local M buddies, but so far nobody's snagged them and it's a sick deal.

I would have bought them if i hadn't already picked up an identical set last year:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wto/7556740918.html

Not in any way affiliated, just know a good deal when i see one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysm3CS View Post
What are you all running in the winter in the pnw? I was thinking about purchasing a set of all seasons for my m3 but wasn't sure if they were any better than the 4s?

Instagram: @TouringM3
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2022, 03:09 PM   #9
RhinoComp
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringM3 View Post
Yo my dude - do yourself a favor and snag this set of winter wheels & tires. I shared it with all my local M buddies, but so far nobody's snagged them and it's a sick deal.

I would have bought them if i hadn't already picked up an identical set last year:
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/wto/7556740918.html

Not in any way affiliated, just know a good deal when i see one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysm3CS View Post
That does look like a good deal. I can certainly say Nokian Hakkas are a fantastic option now also, if more Nordic performance is desired. I can't believe how well these do. I'm even able to get going on a steep grade of entirely snow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0