ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

01-01-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
lime_me_up
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 - 6MT - Black Sapphire

Ceramic Coating in the Bay Area

Hi All,

With the new year, I think some new upgrades are in store for the baby. I wanted to see if anyone had their car's ceramic coated within the Bay Area that they recommend for.

If you can let me know the name of the shop, location and what brand coating they use.

With a couple shops I requested quotes from, I received a price of $2,500 for a CQuartz finest reserve.

The MINIMUM I'm looking to do is the CQuartz or of something equal and not debating on the PPF. What are people thoughts and opinions with the paint corrections and ceramic coating. Haven't ceramic coated any of my cars before but hear love stories about the product (ease on maintenance and provide great aesthetics).

Quotes received from OCDetailing and Stealth Labs, BTW.

As ANOTHER layer, they also quoted PPF by Suntek Ultra Paint Protection Film, our front end package covers:
-Full Hood
-Full Fenders
-Full Front Bumper
-Headilights
-Fog Lights
-Mirrors
-Door cups
This is $3195 installed with all edges possible wrapped and includes the coating application on the film as well.

I received another quote for PPF with the XPEL product with a full front end + A pillars + Rocker panels. This would be $2,600. Paint correction ranged between $350-750 pending color.

They also suggested film on the hood, fenders, a pillars, side mirrors, front bumper and quarter panels would be $4,400 or at that price point they would recommend the entire vehicle for $6,000. This seems a little overkill in my opinion and looking at the $2,600 option.
      01-01-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

I got a reasonably good deal on this via the F8x Norcal facebook group.

http://www.dynamicdetailingsj.com/ceramic-pro

Can't remember exactly what I paid, but much less than the numbers above.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
Schultz28
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Younik did an excellent job on my car. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but I think it was around $1,200. (Full detail, paint correction, and ceramic pro 9h coating)

https://www.younikautodetailing.com/
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2020, 08:02 PM   #4
lime_me_up
Rep
Drives: '18 M4 - 6MT - Black Sapphire

Thanks guys for the responses.
      01-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #5
JibSTir13
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 / FJ Cruiser

I suggest OCDetailing (it’s where I took my car for paint correction and ceramic coating).
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #6
Cddior91
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Check out SV auto pros in San Jose.
Marketing at Silicon Valley Bimmer
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #7
SAADTHESAV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 SMB F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultz28 View Post
Younik did an excellent job on my car. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but I think it was around $1,200. (Full detail, paint correction, and ceramic pro 9h coating)

https://www.younikautodetailing.com/
Would you trust them for full body car wraps too?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 02:11 PM   #8
Beemerm3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW m3

Spider auto glass does ceramic coating for a good price in sj. Check them out.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #9
1hotrod
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 f80

I like the Cquartz products, and bought the entire detailing kit before applying Cquartz 3.0. It took all day, with 2 other buddies. Difficult, no but it did require good lighting to see where you needed to wipe off the excess.

There are many ceramic products out there, but the one thing most products require: an annual top coat for your warranty. So, on top of your $2000+ ceramic coat, you need to bring back to detailer every year for a detail/top coat.

Washing is great, beads off and makes washing car really easy, especially with a lawn blower. Bad thing is you can still get swirls if you are not washing properly and without a top coat the coating gloss gets dull.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 12:58 PM   #10
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hotrod View Post
I like the Cquartz products, and bought the entire detailing kit before applying Cquartz 3.0. It took all day, with 2 other buddies. Difficult, no but it did require good lighting to see where you needed to wipe off the excess.

There are many ceramic products out there, but the one thing most products require: an annual top coat for your warranty. So, on top of your $2000+ ceramic coat, you need to bring back to detailer every year for a detail/top coat.

Washing is great, beads off and makes washing car really easy, especially with a lawn blower. Bad thing is you can still get swirls if you are not washing properly and without a top coat the coating gloss gets dull.

I love the Ceramic Pro on my car, and it works great, but personally I think the annual warranty aspect is a scam. I was 2 days late getting an 'annual top up' and the warranty was declared void. "Computer says no"

I can't imagine a single thing that you'd be able to claim for that isn't excluded as 'user error'. .. e.g. even things like water marks, bird poop are the users responsibility to clean off before any damage happens.

Also, consider that having a ceramic coating makes is more awkward to get your car washed/detailed by people. They can't use the wax/products they would normally use due to smearing. This is great if you're the sort of wierdo that likes to wash their own car every weekend .. but that's really not me.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #11
daltonnnn
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, MSM, Clubman S

omega werks in Pleasanton, spider auto glass in San Jose
      12-07-2020, 12:53 PM   #12
Notyourplug33
Private
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JibSTir13 View Post
I suggest OCDetailing (it's where I took my car for paint correction and ceramic coating).
How much did you pay?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 04:49 PM   #13
feeney_m4
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I used Dynamic Detailing, Silver+ Package, "Stage 1" paint correction and had them replace the original PPF on the rear side. I think it was around $1,800.

Depending on the condition of your paint would dictate to me how far I would go. On my car I had a lot of rock chips on the front bumper so PPF was not on the table. It just wouldn't look good. If you're paint is in good condition, with no rock chips, I would a least get the front clip covered. You can then apply ceramic coating on top. Again I would get the car paint corrected before any protection is added.

Over all, I'm glad I ceramic coated the car. Cleaning is much easier and car looks great. Any other questions let me know.
Appreciate 0