Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

03-22-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
norwoodm4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 23 M8 GC

From '17 F80 6MT to '19 F83 DCT

Recently switched over to the convertible with DCT from 6MT M3. I've always been a strong proponent of manuals and was a die hard manual transmission guy beginning from 97 Dodge Neon to 08 IS 250 to 04 AP2 S2000 to M3. I have never driven the DCT until two weeks ago when I took delivery of the vert. On the very first drive, WOW. Put the drivelogic to 3 bars and engine to sport +, and just give it some gas, it rockets off in solid straight line with impressive exhaust notes. I enjoyed the 6MT for 3 years but shifting gears N-1st-2nd-N in NYC traffic was getting old and tiring. DCT feels right for this car and it's actually more fun just giving it gas instead of rowing gears and momentarily interrupting the momentum during hard acceleration. Im looking forward for the 1200 mile plateau so that I can go past the 5500rpm on this one. I don't know if its because of the retractable roof, but it sounds louder than the M3 from the inside. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread