R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

11-18-2019, 05:20 AM   #1
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

PSD Titanium Wheel Studs

Sorry to post but any body had any experience with fitting PSD titanium studs to thier cars?
I have steel ones on my track E36 but have read some articles about titanium ones being no good due to the differant metals and possible faliure if using on track etc. id this scare mongoring?

Any advice as they certainly look the part and the quality is outstanding and will also make fitting the alloys over the large calipers easier.
Attached Images

12-11-2019, 01:51 PM   #2
ghost.f82
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp

I installed them on my M4 a few months ago, i've done three track days and vmax200 with them. No drama at all and they look fantastic
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 04:20 AM   #3
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alijnclarke View Post
I installed them on my M4 a few months ago, i've done three track days and vmax200 with them. No drama at all and they look fantastic
Many thanks as keen to get some but heard some horror stories on a Nurburg web site.

I will go ahead and purchase.

Last edited by jamiesecker; 01-06-2020 at 09:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 06:57 AM   #4
t5pilot
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP & S1000 XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesecker View Post
Many thanks as keen to get some but heard some horro stories on a Nurburg web site.

I will go ahead and purchase.
I really wouldn't bother... Titanium is stronger, gram for gram, but it's also brittle in comparison to steel. There's loads of 'technical' reasons you shouldn't use them. Is it worth the risk? I firmly believe the answer's no...