Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #1
Gunzy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Bavsound Stage 1 speaker upgrade with HiFi, reviews?

I'm contemplating the stage 1 speaker upgrade for my F80 with HiFi stereo. Does anyone have any reviews? I've read like 1-2 from searching but they are from years ago.

I'm looking for some more volume and highs, added bass is also fine but not as important to me.

Any insight? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
sagi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

When I spoke to bavsound and saw other reviews it seemed like upgrading the amp made the biggest difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunzy View Post
I'm contemplating the stage 1 speaker upgrade for my F80 with HiFi stereo. Does anyone have any reviews? I've read like 1-2 from searching but they are from years ago.

I'm looking for some more volume and highs, added bass is also fine but not as important to me.

Any insight? Thanks.
If you're looking for more volume and bass, the stage 1 with or without the Ghost subs will not get that for you. You need an amp. I had the hifi with stage 1 and ghost subs in my first m4. It sounded better... but louder and more bass are not how I would describe the improvement.
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #4
llvsixaxisvll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 6MT

I upgraded my hifi system in this order. Amps, then a year later, speakers, then subs. The Amp made the biggest difference in overall sound loudness and clarity. Night and day to my ears. Unlike the Harmon Kardon systems where the volume is crazy loud 1/3 of the slider, you still have to be up near the top end for loudness, But it is much changed for the better with the amp. The speakers made the top end even more louder + clearer at higher maxed volumes. I would say kind of worth it, if you wanted slightly higher fidelity audio. Nothing audiophile grade, that's for sure. I got the subs on a deal and tbh it didn't make too much of a difference for me. Wouldn't have paid full price for them. Not sure if it's how the speakers are set up, but they only shine at much higher volumes, which I don't always want some days fwiw. The best part about this system is that I did everything in my driveway myself with simple tools. Fairly easy if you're not adverse to taking apart your whole interior, which is basically held together by very very few screws and mostly tabs. Snap off snap on lol.

And yes, did change their amp setting to match the Bavsound speakers. Didn't make much of a difference to my ears. Maybe slightly more tinny.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #5
smashgordon123
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: f80 m3 & mclaren 570s

i went harmon to bavsound and ghost subs and i love it... for the price and ability to install yourself its a good value.

amps are next
Appreciate 0