European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #1
DCT_M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
F80 BR series BC Racing coilovers install

So far I've only seen one thread on the install for BC Racing coils so I was a bit nervous about purchasing them. Although I was unsure about them, I decided to pull the trigger and make the purchase and didn't look back once. The install is quite easy, even for a novice, as this is my second time ever doing suspension, the first time was installing lowering springs. All together it took me around 13 hours to complete the install, which includes a couple of breaks to go get tools and other things I needed. If you are on the fence about purchasing BC coils go for it, it's the best decision I've made for my car, and I look forward to seeing how they feel after they've settled. PM me if you need help with your install I'd be happy to help!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1324288
Appreciate 1
DCT_M334.50
      11-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
DCT_M3
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
Your post was the one I was referring to. I probably would've spent a lot more money if it wasn't for your thread haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT_M3 View Post
Your post was the one I was referring to. I probably would've spent a lot more money if it wasn't for your thread haha.
Well there is a thread from Sean@PSI that helped develop the set up with BC racing....

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&highlight=PSI

I also know that there was a endurance racing team that started with a E90 then went to a F82 and they also helped with the development. They are great units for the money..... I might be getting a set again soon. I am just having trouble letting go of the damn 3 mode switch that I have on this one
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 06:24 PM   #5
DCT_M3
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower_and_hounds View Post
Well there is a thread from Sean@PSI that helped develop the set up with BC racing....

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&highlight=PSI

I also know that there was a endurance racing team that started with a E90 then went to a F82 and they also helped with the development. They are great units for the money..... I might be getting a set again soon. I am just having trouble letting go of the damn 3 mode switch that I have on this one
Yeah, that was why I did lowering springs first, but after a while I decided that I'll just do it and if it turns out that I really don't like loosing that feature then I'll sell them. So far I haven't really missed it but I've only had the coils on the car for 2 days.
Appreciate 0