proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

View Poll Results: Would you want Front Springs Only for the ZCP setup?
Yes, only interested in lowering the front to close gap with revised ZCP spring rates 15 41.67%
No, interested in a full kit to lower both front and rear with revised ZCP rates 21 58.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

01-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #1
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Eibach Pro-Kit F8X Springs on Competition Package

Hey fellas! Just wanted to share some info that you all may find useful from my visit to Eibach here in Corona, CA. Let me start by saying the folks at Eibach are a first rate company and shop. They do things the right way and don't cut corners.

M3 (Civic)
Front - 177 lbs/in
Rear – 591 lbs/in

M3 (Comp. Pkg)
Front – 198 lbs/in
Rear – 685 lbs/in

Eibach Pro Kit
Front – 183 lbs/in
Rear – 628 lbs/in

I asked if Eibach would be willing to develop a ZCP specific kit and they said they made the business decision to not go that route at this time. BUT, I asked again what if they could just develop a front spring only kit for the ZCP with revised rates and they said possibly if there is strong enough interest.
Appreciate 1
itrsteve136.50
      01-27-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Some pics for your viewing pleasure
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 08:17 AM   #3
GS_Jay
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Sakhir Orange II F80 ZCP

I kinda wish someone would do it, I'm on the fence as to whether or not to lower my car, as all I want to do is make the ugly wheel gap go away, and not effect the ride quality. Nobody seems to have that in mind for the ZCP car, and I personally don't want my car looking and riding "slammed". Hopefully they'll consider making a front spring that is ZCP specific.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS_Jay View Post
I kinda wish someone would do it, I'm on the fence as to whether or not to lower my car, as all I want to do is make the ugly wheel gap go away, and not effect the ride quality. Nobody seems to have that in mind for the ZCP car, and I personally don't want my car looking and riding "slammed". Hopefully they'll consider making a front spring that is ZCP specific.
Yup, I'm on that same fence and hoping there is enough interest to show Eibach it's worth producing a ZCP front only kit to close the gap.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
M.a.r.k.u.s
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i xDrive manual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS_Jay View Post
Same here. Now that I know the spring rates, I ended up ordering a set of Emmanuelle design Springs since they have almost the same spring rate (within 4 lb./in.) of the zcp Springs and will eliminate the front wheel gap without slamming the car. I will likely only install the fronts. I also got a crazy good deal on them that was too good to pass up.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
MFNATIK
United_States
Rep

Eibach confirmed that they will not be developing a ZCP specific spring rate set

If you're looking for a softer ride than what the ZCP is set at now then the Eibachs will get you just that. Personally I would have preferred matched ZCP spring rates since the ride is a bit stiffer yet still compliant.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 05:12 AM   #7
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Why do you guys not consider AC Schnitzer?

I have fitted the springs to my Competition pack M3 that I previously had on my 2015 M3 and they drive and look superb on both.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:58 AM   #8
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
If you're looking for a softer ride than what the ZCP is set at now then the Eibachs will get you just that.
Perfect, the cherry on top.