Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

05-11-2016, 06:32 AM   #155
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4Z808 View Post
It should be speed based. it just changes the position of the headlights based on speed, ie. at lower speeds the headlights will be lower and wider, while at higher speeds the headlights will have a tighter farther throw
You're absolutely right, only required package is adaptive headlights (S524A)! I posted further details in the VLD old thread. I will code it, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #156
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Tourist Mode

hello,

Does anyone know how to turn on "Tourist Mode" in F80/30 FEM_BODY? It is not called the same thing and i cant find it. I get the option on settings->Lighting-->headlamps-->headlamp adaptation on the F80 but i cannot check it until this parameter is found and activated. On FRM on the F25 is called Tourist Mode but i do know what it is called in FEM_BODY for the F30/80.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #157
G4Z808
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: not yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
hello,

Does anyone know how to turn on "Tourist Mode" in F80/30 FEM_BODY? It is not called the same thing and i cant find it. I get the option on settings->Lighting-->headlamps-->headlamp adaptation on the F80 but i cannot check it until this parameter is found and activated. On FRM on the F25 is called Tourist Mode but i do know what it is called in FEM_BODY for the F30/80.
What is tourist mode ?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 02:25 PM   #158
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What is tourist mode ?
Tourist mode a is headlamp assist feature that will invert glare free high beam assist when driving in countries that drive in the other side of the road. Example. I live of Germany and they drive on the right side of the road. If i go to the UK, I can then turn on this feature and glare free will invert beams for left-hand drive countries. I was able to code that on my us spec. X3 which has FRM but i cant find the equivalent parameter in fem_body.

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 03-19-2017 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 10:30 PM   #159
Judd
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Been reading through all the data I can while I'm at work in Houston over the next 3 weeks. Can't wait to get home(Canada) and try my hand at coding. It amazes me what all of you have done with coding to your cars
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #160
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrulSmurf View Post
Searching the forum for coding the seat temperatures didn't produce a match so I hope my next tip is useful to someone like me who has lower back problems in the morning and likes to use the heated seat to warm things up while driving to work.
In module FEM_BODY, section 3090 you'll find the settings for heated seats (TEMP_) , separated in front/rear (FRONT/FOND), lower/upper cushions (SITZ/LEHNE) and 3 switch settings (STUFE_).

I copied STUFE_2 to STUFE_3, then STUFE_1 to STUFE_2 and then changed the WERTE of TEMP_SITZ_STUFE_1_FRONT to 00.

Setting 1 is now just the back support, setting 2 adds the lower seat (former 1) and setting 3 is former 2 so you loose the bum-fry 3rd setting.

It's now midst of summer but I use setting 1 almost every morning to get the old spine flexible.
So what happens when you use the idrive to adjust distribution?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #161
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
So what happens when you use the idrive to adjust distribution?
That's cool, but not anywhere in idrive for the M3/4. Unless that's a feature you can code in.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #162
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
That's cool, but not anywhere in idrive for the M3/4. Unless that's a feature you can code in.
It was present from factory on my vehicles. I have also seen it on other chassis, but do not recall if it required multi-contour seats or if it was on any M3/M4's. It is hidden in an idrive submenu of settings, like climate control for preconditioning by takeoff time or enabling for BMW Remote App. Here is another version of the display.

The head-unit function, I believe, is HVAC_SEATHEAT_DISTR_FRONT & HVAC_SEATHEAT_DISTR_FOND. For F020/F030, I am not sure whether there are additional functions in FEM_BODY. I have additional seat functions in IHKA (dash climate controls) & SM (seat temperature settings).
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #163
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judd View Post
Been reading through all the data I can while I'm at work in Houston over the next 3 weeks. Can't wait to get home(Canada) and try my hand at coding. It amazes me what all of you have done with coding to your cars
It amazes me too, how customize-able our cars can be with coding. I was afraid at first, worried that I would screw something up. But once you do it, and realize you can tweak settings efficiently, especially with the Cheat Codes, it's a no-brainer. I'm no computer geek, so I was a little overwhelmed at first....but just follow the instructions to the letter, and it actually works.

It makes owning my M all the more special.

And the people here that help, they have loads of patience. This is the pinnacle of the BMW community in this thread, because the experts here will get you through it.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #164
firedown31
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
It was present from factory on my vehicles. I have also seen it on other chassis, but do not recall if it required multi-contour seats or if it was on any M3/M4's. It is hidden in an idrive submenu of settings, like climate control for preconditioning by takeoff time or enabling for BMW Remote App. Here is another version of the display.

The head-unit function, I believe, is HVAC_SEATHEAT_DISTR_FRONT & HVAC_SEATHEAT_DISTR_FOND. For F020/F030, I am not sure whether there are additional functions in FEM_BODY. I have additional seat functions in IHKA (dash climate controls) & SM (seat temperature settings).
Good to know, might look into it some time. Would be a cool feature to activate if it worked.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2016, 11:52 AM   #165
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedown31 View Post
Good to know, might look into it some time. Would be a cool feature to activate if it worked.
I agree. I rarely use the heated seats and only for longer trips like last hour of a 4+ hour trip between Los Angeles and Vegas, but was a nice find for just heat on lower back without roasting chestnuts. I forget if it remembers distribution settings, but programming center dash is nice too and easy toggle.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 12:41 AM   #166
psedog
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 AB 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon
Quote:
What is tourist mode ?
Tourist mode is headlamp assist feature that will invert glare free high beam assist when driving in countries that drive in the other side of the road. Example. I live of Germany and they drive on the right side of the road. If i go to the UK, I can then turn on this feature and glare free will invert beams for left have drive countries. I was able to code that on my us spec. X3 but i cant find the equivalent parameter in fem_body.
I've been trying to figure it out as well. I plan on shipping my car to Japan next year and need to invert my beams. I've figured out how to remove the hump in city mode, but once I go above 25mph it the beams are normal until I slow down again.
Attached Images

08-04-2016, 12:47 AM   #167
psedog
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 AB 6MT F80

That was the wrong picture. Those were after coding in active high beams. This is no hump coding.
Attached Images

08-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #168
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psedog View Post
That was the wrong picture. Those were after coding in active high beams. This is no hump coding.
How did you removed the hump..? I have been trying to add the one on the left side just like the European cars
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 11:36 PM   #169
shaolinx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Can anyone tell me what "Enhanced Bluetooth" actually does?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2016, 11:39 PM   #170
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Can anyone tell me what "Enhanced Bluetooth" actually does?
In a nutshell, EBT adds support for 2nd Paired Phone, Office Functions, and on older firmware it also adds Bluetooth Audio Streaming.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 2
      09-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #171
shaolinx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Thanks shawnsheridan.

On another note, a few questions -
1) I am trying to find where to change the Comfort Access - Kick-Open trunk delay timer. Do you know the field to change this?

2) I really dont like how the car must be unlocked first for the kick-open trunk to work... Kinda hard to unlock with both hands tied up. is it possible to change this?

3) are there any DIY where we can change footwell light to always "on" or configurable?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #172
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Thanks shawnsheridan.

1) I am trying to find where to change the Comfort Access - Kick-Open trunk delay timer. Do you know the field to change this?

2) I really dont like how the car must be unlocked first for the kick-open trunk to work... Kinda hard to unlock with both hands tied up. is it possible to change this?

3) are there any DIY where we can change footwell light to always "on" or configurable?
Sorry, but I have no idea on the Kick Trunk. My 2011 F10 does not have this option as it was added in 2012.

I don't know of any Footwell lighting coding either.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 03:36 PM   #173
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx
Thanks shawnsheridan.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ght=Trunk+kick
And you don't need to unlock the car to use it, just approach your trunk with key in pocket and kick ... that's the whole idea of that feature!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 03:56 PM   #174
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
hello,
Search for traffic and there are two parameters: switch to enable and forward lighting reduction factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by psedog View Post
I've been trying to figure it out as well. I plan on shipping my car to Japan next year and need to invert my beams. I've figured out how to remove the hump in city mode, but once I go above 25mph it the beams are normal until I slow down again.
F8x LED's cannot "flip" the spot rise distribution from LHD to RHD. Tourist mode flattens the pattern and changes the adaptive bend program.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2016, 11:03 AM   #175
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Thanks to this coding community and Shawn, I've coded pretty much everything that I need and a few little mentioned features. The only thing I'm confused about is having the rear lights on with DRLs. I coded it, but didn't see anything different. Seems like my 16 F80 already has the lights on. Is that the case, or my coding didn't work?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 11:13 AM   #176
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by backagain View Post
Thanks to this coding community and Shawn, I've coded pretty much everything that I need and a few little mentioned features. The only thing I'm confused about is having the rear lights on with DRLs. I coded it, but didn't see anything different. Seems like my 16 F80 already has the lights on. Is that the case, or my coding didn't work?
What did you code?
Appreciate 0