proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2021, 08:03 PM   #133
fiveohwblow
Major
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
3290
Rep
1,301
Posts

Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Here is a summary of the issue as of this morning from PTF:

Thank you for reaching out to us. With the latest iOS 15 release, Apple has changed the way their lightning adapter certification works. Inside each lightning connector is a tiny authentication chip that tells your device itís Apple MFI Certified. We believe the latest release broke the ethernet adapter connectivity on iPhones only, since iPads don't have this issue.

We have found a few adapters that work with the latest iOS release. Please see the links attached.

https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Char...yybLZ3cR9YS2-Q

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0989TWSLY/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

We do apologize for this inconvenience, and we do hope Apple resolves this issue soon.
In the meantime, you can use a laptop for flashing purposes.
Will you purchase or wait?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 09:16 PM   #134
hellokitty
hello kitty oke?
hellokitty's Avatar
United_States
1609
Rep
2,744
Posts

Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
Here is a summary of the issue as of this morning from PTF:

Thank you for reaching out to us. With the latest iOS 15 release, Apple has changed the way their lightning adapter certification works. Inside each lightning connector is a tiny authentication chip that tells your device it’s Apple MFI Certified. We believe the latest release broke the ethernet adapter connectivity on iPhones only, since iPads don't have this issue.

We have found a few adapters that work with the latest iOS release. Please see the links attached.

https://www.amazon.com/Ethernet-Char...yybLZ3cR9YS2-Q

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0989TWSLY/...UTF8&psc=1

We do apologize for this inconvenience, and we do hope Apple resolves this issue soon.
In the meantime, you can use a laptop for flashing purposes.
Will you purchase or wait?
I bought the adapter in the first link.
__________________

2017 F80 M3 ZCP / ARM Resonated DPs / Akrapovic Evolution / BM3 - Bend Calibration Ultimate Flex Fuel | Cary Jordan Stage 2 / Bilstein B16 DDC / BMS OCC / CSF Heat Exchanger / PD Crank Hub / Full SPL Suspension Front and Rear / Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 03:56 PM   #135
mode.grau
New Member
mode.grau's Avatar
Canada
29
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: 17 340 M-Perf Ed. Fashion Grey
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Toronto ON, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
I bought the adapter in the first link.
Any updates on whether the ios15 issue was ever resolved? Did this adaptor fix the issue? Thanks!
__________________
2017 340i M-Performance Edition (ZE0) - Individual Fashion Grey // Extended Black Merino Leather - xDr 8AT - THP - MPPSK
Previous Cars:
2017 340i xDrive 8AT - Mineral Grey Metallic on Coral Red
2019 Golf R 6MT - Tornado Red on Black
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 04:37 PM   #136
hellokitty
hello kitty oke?
hellokitty's Avatar
United_States
1609
Rep
2,744
Posts

Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mode.grau View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
I bought the adapter in the first link.
Any updates on whether the ios15 issue was ever resolved? Did this adaptor fix the issue? Thanks!
Yes it fixed the issue. For ios15, you need to use an Apple approved adapter. That's why things started breaking.
__________________

2017 F80 M3 ZCP / ARM Resonated DPs / Akrapovic Evolution / BM3 - Bend Calibration Ultimate Flex Fuel | Cary Jordan Stage 2 / Bilstein B16 DDC / BMS OCC / CSF Heat Exchanger / PD Crank Hub / Full SPL Suspension Front and Rear / Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:16 PM   #137
chewbakam4
Major
chewbakam4's Avatar
643
Rep
1,070
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

Looks like Apple finally approved the new iOS app update too.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #138
heitzke
Second Lieutenant
heitzke's Avatar
231
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 base, '91 Miata
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

iOS ran the update for me and now I'm totally unable to connect for flashing or logging across 3 attempted devices and different OS versions. Everything worked fine for me until the update - anyone else having problems?

Was able to flash via my dusty old windows laptop I keep around for vehicle diagnostics but the browser-based dashboard no longer works for me.

I guess i'll file a ticket with BM3 but super tired of the issues with flashing/logging at this point. Just updated to a new map but can't get anything working to log.
__________________
Pure turbo M4 | NA Miata
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #139
hellokitty
hello kitty oke?
hellokitty's Avatar
United_States
1609
Rep
2,744
Posts

Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
iOS ran the update for me and now I'm totally unable to connect for flashing or logging across 3 attempted devices and different OS versions. Everything worked fine for me until the update - anyone else having problems?

Was able to flash via my dusty old windows laptop I keep around for vehicle diagnostics but the browser-based dashboard no longer works for me.

I guess i'll file a ticket with BM3 but super tired of the issues with flashing/logging at this point. Just updated to a new map but can't get anything working to log.
You'll need to get an Apple MFI certified adapter for it to work properly on iOS 15. See some posts above for what works
__________________

2017 F80 M3 ZCP / ARM Resonated DPs / Akrapovic Evolution / BM3 - Bend Calibration Ultimate Flex Fuel | Cary Jordan Stage 2 / Bilstein B16 DDC / BMS OCC / CSF Heat Exchanger / PD Crank Hub / Full SPL Suspension Front and Rear / Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 1
heitzke231.00
      11-30-2021, 02:54 PM   #140
wetroads
New Member
Australia
2
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: Current C63 Soon M4 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
iOS ran the update for me and now I'm totally unable to connect for flashing or logging across 3 attempted devices and different OS versions. Everything worked fine for me until the update - anyone else having problems?

Was able to flash via my dusty old windows laptop I keep around for vehicle diagnostics but the browser-based dashboard no longer works for me.

I guess i'll file a ticket with BM3 but super tired of the issues with flashing/logging at this point. Just updated to a new map but can't get anything working to log.
I'm having the same issue, still on iOS 14.8. It's pretty frustrating. ��

Edit: Tried it again this morning and it worked after trying for 30 mins last night. ��

Second Edit: iPhone X running iOS 14.8 didn't work last night, worked this morning....

Received one of the adapters supposed to work on iOS15 and yes it does on my iPhone 13, kind of works, I can get a connection if I turn the ignition on, never had to do that in the past... and it seems to drop out after a while...

however now my iPhone X running iOS 14.8 that I've been using for flashing and datalogging won't connect at all....

I'm really reluctant to flash anything at the moment and really wishing I didn't update the app last night, anyone know how to install the previous version of BM3?

Anyone else having similar issues?

Last edited by wetroads; 12-01-2021 at 03:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 10:45 PM   #141
JD1100
Private
JD1100's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: M4, 4Runner
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

So which lighting cable to Ethernet do you guys recommend ?

Would it be better to get a Bluetooth adapter ? Does that solve the issue
__________________

2016 M4 ZCP - ARM Downpipe, KW HAS, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2021, 12:24 AM   #142
TopJimmy
Colonel
TopJimmy's Avatar
United_States
2043
Rep
2,466
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chester County, PA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1100 View Post
So which lighting cable to Ethernet do you guys recommend ?

Would it be better to get a Bluetooth adapter ? Does that solve the issue
Yes, BT adapter is best. Works wireless for most phone-flash needs, and you can still plug in an Ethernet cord to use your laptop
__________________
'18 F80 Base 6MT | Paul's E85 | Stock Turbos | Kies Hub | FBOs | 7sec 60-130 | 11.7sec 1/4mi@124
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #143
JD1100
Private
JD1100's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: M4, 4Runner
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1100 View Post
So which lighting cable to Ethernet do you guys recommend ?

Would it be better to get a Bluetooth adapter ? Does that solve the issue
Yes, BT adapter is best. Works wireless for most phone-flash needs, and you can still plug in an Ethernet cord to use your laptop
Which one do you use ?
__________________

2016 M4 ZCP - ARM Downpipe, KW HAS, Bootmod3
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy2042.50
      12-03-2021, 10:54 AM   #144
TopJimmy
Colonel
TopJimmy's Avatar
United_States
2043
Rep
2,466
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Chester County, PA

iTrader: (2)

I use the Kies WiFi adapter.
__________________
'18 F80 Base 6MT | Paul's E85 | Stock Turbos | Kies Hub | FBOs | 7sec 60-130 | 11.7sec 1/4mi@124
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 12:28 PM   #145
heitzke
Second Lieutenant
heitzke's Avatar
231
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 base, '91 Miata
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetroads View Post
I'm having the same issue, still on iOS 14.8. It's pretty frustrating. ��

Edit: Tried it again this morning and it worked after trying for 30 mins last night. ��

Second Edit: iPhone X running iOS 14.8 didn't work last night, worked this morning....

Received one of the adapters supposed to work on iOS15 and yes it does on my iPhone 13, kind of works, I can get a connection if I turn the ignition on, never had to do that in the past... and it seems to drop out after a while...

however now my iPhone X running iOS 14.8 that I've been using for flashing and datalogging won't connect at all....

I'm really reluctant to flash anything at the moment and really wishing I didn't update the app last night, anyone know how to install the previous version of BM3?

Anyone else having similar issues?
I JUST got my 'approved' adapter in the mail today and it all works for me fine now. Thanks hellokitty because it totally worked for me.

I'm on iOS15 on a 12 mini. Charging up my 14.8 device now that I use for logging and hopefully this works too.
__________________
Pure turbo M4 | NA Miata
Appreciate 1
hellokitty1608.50
      Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #146
chewbakam4
Major
chewbakam4's Avatar
643
Rep
1,070
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitzke View Post
I JUST got my 'approved' adapter in the mail today and it all works for me fine now. Thanks hellokitty because it totally worked for me.

I'm on iOS15 on a 12 mini. Charging up my 14.8 device now that I use for logging and hopefully this works too.
Yes works great for me too. Looks like bm3 pushed out a new update too for some additional connectivity updates which is great!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:18 AM   #147
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
125
Rep
242
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 (F82)
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Silicon Valley, CA

iTrader: (0)

I use this $20 Lightning to Ethernet generic adaptor and it works perfectly on my iOS 15 iPhone 13:

https://www.centralcomputer.com/ligh...a-adapter.html

I made the OBD-to-Ethernet cable part myself (just needs an old OBD2 plug, a 510 ohm resistor, an old Ethernet patch cable, and a soldering iron).

Thanks!

S.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bm3, bootmod3, enet

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST