European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #1
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
8273
Rep
8,436
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/M4GTSx2/MiniS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

295/30-19 on 10.5" ET45 fits stock GTS front?

Posting this here as this question is GTS specific.

KW suspensions reduce clearance in normal M3s as their spring perch is really low. People get around this by using shorter springs but I don't have time for that. In the case of the GTS, it looks like the kingpin-strut angle is quite different than a regular F kingpin so it has extra clearance.

This weekend I test fit a set of 295/30 R7 in 10.5 19" wheels with ET45. Much to my surprise, up front the wheel/tire seems to clear the perch with a 15mm spacer.

Of course the car will have camber plates up front so the tire gets inside the wheel well.

Any comments on this? Has anyone tried this fitment before?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
Lienrocs
Captain
Lienrocs's Avatar
593
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Encinitas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Posting this here as this question is GTS specific.

KW suspensions reduce clearance in normal M3s as their spring perch is really low. People get around this by using shorter springs but I don't have time for that. In the case of the GTS, it looks like the kingpin-strut angle is quite different than a regular F kingpin so it has extra clearance.

This weekend I test fit a set of 295/30 R7 in 10.5 19" wheels with ET45. Much to my surprise, up front the wheel/tire seems to clear the perch with a 15mm spacer.

Of course the car will have camber plates up front so the tire gets inside the wheel well.

Any comments on this? Has anyone tried this fitment before?
Are you trying to see if10.5 Et45 fits with no spacer? Subbed.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 04:23 PM   #3
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
8273
Rep
8,436
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/M4GTSx2/MiniS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Are you trying to see if10.5 Et45 fits with no spacer? Subbed.
It needs a 15mm spacer for sure, but have other people run this fitment with the stock suspension?

I'm not sure if it fits well with a 15mm or a larger spacer with such a wide tire
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
Project M4GTS
Captain
Project M4GTS's Avatar
United_States
293
Rep
870
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 GTS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alpharetta, GA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW M4 GTS  [0.00]
For what its worth...I've tried something similar using oem GTS wheels 18x11 et30 using a 295/30/18 w/5mm spacer on OEM KW GTS suspension.

I have another set of wheels coming in 18x10.5 et15 w/ 295/35 tires.
__________________
2016 M4 GTS Alpine White
Instagram: @JustAnothaM4
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow8272.50
      09-27-2021, 07:23 PM   #5
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
8273
Rep
8,436
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/M4GTSx2/MiniS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project M4GTS View Post
For what its worth...I've tried something similar using oem GTS wheels 18x11 et30 using a 295/30/18 w/5mm spacer on OEM KW GTS suspension.

I have another set of wheels coming in 18x10.5 et15 w/ 295/35 tires.
awesome, so it sounds like I can get the 295s! thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 09:59 PM   #6
Gomeler
First Lieutenant
452
Rep
387
Posts

Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

More big wheel confirmation: 18x11 +44 EC-7 w/ a 25mm spacer and 295 Toyo RRs had decent clearance to the outside fender. Was curious about other tires and then moved on to another platform.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow8272.50
      09-28-2021, 06:08 AM   #7
the_scotsman
Private First Class
United_States
77
Rep
100
Posts

Drives: Sport Evo/JP M3/M4 GTS
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

So the stock rear wheel should fit on the front with a 10mm spacer?
__________________
'16 M4 GTS
'90 E30 M3 Sport Evo
'89 E30 M3 JP Racer
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 04:00 PM   #8
Lienrocs
Captain
Lienrocs's Avatar
593
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Encinitas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Are you trying to see if10.5 Et45 fits with no spacer? Subbed.
It needs a 15mm spacer for sure, but have other people run this fitment with the stock suspension?

I'm not sure if it fits well with a 15mm or a larger spacer with such a wide tire
I'm running a 305/35/18 NT01 up front on my car on a 10.5 et 28ish wheel. But it's not on the stock KW's.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2021, 04:46 PM   #9
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
8273
Rep
8,436
Posts

Drives: E90M/E92M/F80CS/M4GTSx2/MiniS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
I'm running a 305/35/18 NT01 up front on my car on a 10.5 et 28ish wheel. But it's not on the stock KW's.
My doubt is on stock suspension, because for sure that wheel fits aftermarket suspensions
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs592.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST