EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-28-2019, 02:46 PM   #23
wdskukm3
Captain
wdskukm3's Avatar
United_States
211
Rep
606
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3 and Model P3D
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Orland Park,IL

iTrader: (0)

I never driven a GTR. But I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about noises from those cars. Even our F8x make a lot of noises. And most of them are normal. Something that new M owners are not used to.
__________________
M Forever!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 04:34 PM   #24
Fast4d
Captain
255
Rep
881
Posts

Drives: 325
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So cal

iTrader: (0)

I've been hearing grinding gears as I straighten out from a turn at low speeds.

Sounds like it's coming from DCT but could be the diff. doesn't sound like chattering from traditional limited slip diffs but more like grinding when you get pushing stick into gear without clutching.

at 37k now will drain diff and inspect DCT filter at 40k
__________________
SAFE-GUARD tire/wheel/windshield/paint protection is a FRAUD! do not waste your money!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #25
Justablackf80
Second Lieutenant
138
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: BSM 2016 M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Philadelphia PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinRhy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justablackf80 View Post
Quick update, took it to a dealer and now it's a major headache. Now they are saying the transmission and pressure valves are getting too hot. Still waiting for a full detailed resposnsr.
Did you resolve the issue? If so, what was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcooper9 View Post
It's normal. Try driving a GTR. It's like a mechanical symphony lol
lol I was about to say this. never heard it with an f80 car though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast4d View Post
I've been hearing grinding gears as I straighten out from a turn at low speeds.

Sounds like it's coming from DCT but could be the diff. doesn't sound like chattering from traditional limited slip diffs but more like grinding when you get pushing stick into gear without clutching.

at 37k now will drain diff and inspect DCT filter at 40k
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdskukm3 View Post
I never driven a GTR. But I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about noises from those cars. Even our F8x make a lot of noises. And most of them are normal. Something that new M owners are not used to.
Hey guys, so this was a while back, i dont have the that M3 no more but i had to get my whole transmission replaced. Thank god i knew someone at the dealership cause i was tuned and FBO. We found out that it was grinding into gears. 100% BMW fault as the transmission had issues from day 1 when i got the car. Ive had a Widebody M4 with dct and didnt have an issue and now a Imola M3 manual. Just seemed to be a bad transmission.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 07:38 AM   #26
Tobiasz17azs
Private
5
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: BMW m4
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ct

iTrader: (0)

I have clunk when The car is parked. When i Putin it into r from N AND FROM R TO N I HEAR CLUNK PREETY LOUD . Anyone have this issue ? It is something to worry about it ?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 11:39 PM   #27
sicck_f82
Private First Class
sicck_f82's Avatar
72
Rep
132
Posts

Drives: F82 Yas Marina M4
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

I have a light clunk from the rear when the car jerks forward on heavy acceleration.
__________________
M4 Yas Marina Blue
F32 Estoril Blue

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2019, 07:07 PM   #28
mfurse
Second Lieutenant
Australia
102
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3 2016 LCI
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiasz17azs View Post
I have clunk when The car is parked. When i Putin it into r from N AND FROM R TO N I HEAR CLUNK PREETY LOUD . Anyone have this issue ? It is something to worry about it ?
Mine does the same as does the other 2 guys M3's in the office. Normal.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 06:50 PM   #29
SD ///M4
///Multiple
SD ///M4's Avatar
United_States
2199
Rep
3,658
Posts

Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
You didn't say anything about brake pads, but some aftermarket pads produce "pad slap" when reversing (or when going forward after reversing). It's caused by the brake pad not fitting quite as well as the stock pad and moving back and forth slightly in the caliper. Pagid track pads are notorious for this. Just wanted to mention this in case this could be a cause.
__________________
His: 2016 M4 Coupe | Sakhir Orange | Black Full Merino Leather | CF Trim | M-DCT | More | ED 5/13/16
Hers: 2018 M3 Sedan | San Marino Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | CF Trim | M-DCT | ZCP | ED 7/18/18
Ours: 2006 Z4 Roadster | Interlagos Blue | Black Extended Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Purchased 7/19/12

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 10:17 PM   #30
elite53
New Member
2
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: 2011 E70 X5 35i
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
You didn't say anything about brake pads, but some aftermarket pads produce "pad slap" when reversing (or when going forward after reversing). It's caused by the brake pad not fitting quite as well as the stock pad and moving back and forth slightly in the caliper. Pagid track pads are notorious for this. Just wanted to mention this in case this could be a cause.
Yup, my Hawk pads do the same. Dealer heard it and thought it was the rear diff. bushings and are going to replace them under warranty. I didn't argue....
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 09:00 AM   #31
Tobiasz17azs
Private
5
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: BMW m4
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ct

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfurse View Post
Mine does the same as does the other 2 guys M3's in the office. Normal.

Also when Iím driving at low speeds I hear some clunking noises and also when Iím usually trying to stop my car I hear some clunks from the transmision . The clunk came after I change the bushings for the stiff power flex bushings
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST